The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Well its over GDG

For the record...I am a Republican and what I am most disappointed is how the Republican Party has let me down in the past 16 years. I am embarrassed of the Bush administration, and how he has made this country worse off than with the Clinton administration.

I would have voted for McCain had he picked a better VP candidate. His choice was a cave in to the far right, extreme conservative base that no longer represents the majority of the country.

Maybe McCain/Palin represents a majority of this board, but how can you explain the shift in power from the Republican Party, to the Democratic Party? It’s not because we drank Kool-Aid or believe in his words, it’s because of the lack of success of the Republican Party and how it’s let us down. Have you looked at your IRA or 401k statements? Mine is down 35%. Obama didn’t have anything to do with that! My taxes didn’t go down either.

For those who minimize my vote for Obama I am sorry. I have a college degree, and work hard every single day of my life. My family members are farmers, nurses, and mechanics who represent core america. I didn't drink any Obama Kool-Aid. My job is to manage almost $2billion dollars in cash and investments for a large maker of video games. My salary puts me above the Obama tax limit and I consider myself intelligent and well informed on the political topics. I have no issue about casting my vote for Barrack. He represents a new era for this country, and along with the shift in the Senate, shows how a previously polarized country made a statement of needed change.

Look at the failures of the past eight years, and you have to wonder why Barrack won?

Those who are saying that Barrack will be tested, or that you will lose your guns, or the country will fall into a black hole, why? It shows a rather low opinion of the US Government and the three divisions of power. For those who want him to be tested, what about the innocent people that would be hurt or killed in such a test? It’s not such an innocent or innocuous statement.

Isn't it time to get back to dog training, hunting, white coats vs. camo, etc., for a while?
    Are Fallon, or KG, the most obnoxious...?
    It's over. Inauguration is still two months away... and any signifcant legislation... much further...Have a drink. Hug your dog. Kiss your wife and your kids. Life is short...time to move on...

Well I've been wrong plenty of times before,regards,
    JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by lcrannell View Post
    For the record...I am a Republican and what I am most disappointed is how the Republican Party has let me down in the past 16 years. I am embarrassed of the Bush administration, and how he has made this country worse off than with the Clinton administration.

I would have voted for McCain had he picked a better VP candidate. His choice was a cave in to the far right, extreme conservative base that no longer represents the majority of the country.

Maybe McCain/Palin represents a majority of this board, but how can you explain the shift in power from the Republican Party, to the Democratic Party? Itís not because we drank Kool-Aid or believe in his words, itís because of the lack of success of the Republican Party and how itís let us down. Have you looked at your IRA or 401k statements? Mine is down 35%. Obama didnít have anything to do with that! My taxes didnít go down either.

For those who minimize my vote for Obama I am sorry. I have a college degree, and work hard every single day of my life. My family members are farmers, nurses, and mechanics who represent core america. I didn't drink any Obama Kool-Aid. My job is to manage almost $2billion dollars in cash and investments for a large maker of video games. My salary puts me above the Obama tax limit and I consider myself intelligent and well informed on the political topics. I have no issue about casting my vote for Barrack. He represents a new era for this country, and along with the shift in the Senate, shows how a previously polarized country made a statement of needed change.

Look at the failures of the past eight years, and you have to wonder why Barrack won?

Those who are saying that Barrack will be tested, or that you will lose your guns, or the country will fall into a black hole, why? It shows a rather low opinion of the US Government and the three divisions of power. For those who want him to be tested, what about the innocent people that would be hurt or killed in such a test? Itís not such an innocent or innocuous statement.

Well said. Bud

Quote Originally Posted by lcrannell View Post

Maybe McCain/Palin represents a majority of this board, but how can you explain the shift in power from the Republican Party, to the Democratic Party? Itís not because we drank Kool-Aid or believe in his words, itís because of the lack of success of the Republican Party and how itís let us down. Have you looked at your IRA or 401k statements? Mine is down 35%. Obama didnít have anything to do with that! My taxes didnít go down either.

Those who are saying that Barrack will be tested, or that you will lose your guns, or the country will fall into a black hole, why? It shows a rather low opinion of the US Government and the three divisions of power. For those who want him to be tested, what about the innocent people that would be hurt or killed in such a test? Itís not such an innocent or innocuous statement.
    Have some more Kool-Aid!

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Isn't it time to get back to dog training, hunting, white coats vs. camo, etc., for a while?
    Are Fallon, or KG, the most obnoxious...?
    It's over. Inauguration is still two months away... and any signifcant legislation... much further...Have a drink. Hug your dog. Kiss your wife and your kids. Life is short...time to move on...

Well I've been wrong plenty of times before,regards,
    JD
    You're right...I am going to move on, because I am a lucky man to have a great daughter and wife, and three awesome dogs. I come to this site for the great dog advice and hear about fellow dog owners.

Great post...and well said.

Loren

It's going to be a loooooong 4 years.PrecisionLabs,There is no law(yet) that says we have to hop on the Obama bandwagon and support him.I think it is in the countrys best interest to fight him all the way.I think the talk of unifying anybody is a waste of time when the first thing the liberals do is start telling conservative people what they are now supposed to believe in overnight.I really hope "your" President proves us all wrong but I doubt very much he will.

Quote Originally Posted by precisionlabradors View Post
    the fact is, obama is the next pres. what is the negativity that is being spewed here going to do to make or keep the country remain great or improve?

nobody has said one thing that they will do to support the next presidency of their beloved country. pouting isn't going to do a damn thing. sitting back to teach the democrats a lesson isn't going to do a damn thing but make this country worse, which, as i see it is not patriotic and not indicative of a person who claims to love his country.
    So, all the nasty stuff and blame for everything from a bounced check, to failed mortgages, to global warming, that Bush was blamed for, all the Bush bad-mouthing, is NOT OK for if it pertains to Obama?

I just know in my heart of hearts Obama is going to make a great president, and his wife such a gracious first lady. I got chills last night watching Oprah on Fox news when it was announced she was moving to D.C. to take a Cabinet position. They didn't say which one, just that she could afford to buy any position she wanted. I can't wait to see who else will be installed. I can't wait to see what other favors Obama backers will be calling in. Rock on Obama lovers!

Do I get free gas now?

The Islamic terrorist, Hugo Chavez, Nic Putin, Castros, and the rest that would like to see the downfall of the once great USA are happy.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by precisionlabradors View Post
    nope, you probably would. i hate bush, but support and respect him as my president. the difference here, is that bush actually did implement poor legislation after gaining the trust of the masses. hell, i was one of them. i wanted to believe that bush would do what he said he would do. i voted for him. and, after having voted for him and feeling duped, i feel it is my right to complain about what he did and support changing directions, which is what i have done.

maybe i need to just shut up, because obviously(based on my bush votes) my choice of candidate sucks. haha.

and i'm not perfect. i have spewed negativity in the past. probably will again sometime. but what is, is. and it will only remain good here in this country or get better if we maintain our opinions respectfully and do our part to be unified by the unifier. not swim against the current because we are prideful.

and, as expected, i will be picked apart here...much like joe the plumber by the libs....and the message will be lost. i will probably post a few more things, but won't continue a ton.

bottom line, do what you want. it's your freedom as an american. say and believe what you want too.
    Classic. The author of some of the nastiest vitriol against Bush, McCain and Palin on this site during this politcal season (and that's sayin' something) now wants everybody to be "unified" and have "respectful opinions."