The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Well its over GDG

Quote Originally Posted by Granddaddy View Post
    And the answer is.......pay taxes & more of them.......
    You know there may be a silver lining in this for me. Since the Turbo Tax craze there has been very little side work for accountants working in the private sector during the tax season. I project an increased demand for these services in the near future as many people will be hoping an accountant can find items in the tax code that the person is unaware of that will reduce their tax burden.

Gonna start brushing up on LLC's, Sub chapter S's, and all those other "middle class" tax cuts that have never applied to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I don't know of a single person who had any enthusiasm for McCain.
    The elitist Republicans did and so did the Rockefeller Republicans, what is left of them.

Their argument was that in a bad year for Republicans like 2008, the party needed someone who was a maverick to draw in the independents. They were wrong, the independents broke 2:1 for Obama.

But your point is well taken, the Republican base is conservative, and conservatives have no enthusiasm for McCain.

That was one of the reasons he picked Palin -- to shore up the base. The result? Palin was attracting such huge crowds to her stump speeches they had to move to larger venues. McCain was attracting so few people to his speeches they had to hang black curtains to disguise the empty seats.
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

Quote Originally Posted by John Kelder View Post
    From BHO book -"Audacity of Hope"

"I shall stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction" BHO

The Koran says it is every Muslims obligation to convert the infidel to muslim .If you refuse to convert ,you must be killed .
    This is the guy you voted into office ,and will have access to ALL of our nations secrets .
    Didn't Confucious say something about hoping you don't live in interesting times ?
    Wait till inaugaration when he takes the oath of office on the Koran , it will start to hit home for some of you then .
    The cavedwellers (terrorists)are proud of us . The trojan horse is being wheeled to the gate .
    And I pray I'm wrong.No need to post replies . Gone Hunting
    Way too scary of a thought and the reason there will never be peace between the US and much of the middle east. The only part I doubt is the inauguration on the Koran but the thought has and continues to cross my mind.

Gun Dog2002said: So I'm curious? What exactly am "I" suppose to do to unify this country?
    Share your ammo with the rest of us and we'll be unified. See how easy that is?
    Curt

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!----Benjamin Franklin

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Peace between the US and the Middle East? When has there been peace between states in the Middle East itself? before or after the Crusades, never mind between the middle east and the rest of the world?
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Correct Bob, but they hate us worse than they hate each other. We are the Infidels. It's just that is easier to fight your neighbor than someone across the ocean.
    Curt

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!----Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    The Republicans failed because they acted like Democrats. They abandoned fiscally conservative principles. They allowed the democrats to define them as the "extreme right wing" and place the blame for the economy on lack of regulation.

It is the principles of social engineering, in which Obama has championed, which are the primary responsibility for the financial crisis. It was government putting pressure on lenders to make loans to people who wouldn't otherwise qualify that initiated the whole thing. That McCain failed to highlight this in his campaign was just one more indication to me that he was an extremely weak candidate. I don't know of a single person who had any enthusiasm for McCain. Those who voted for him did so to oppose Obama.
    I totally agree with you.

The fiscally responsible Republican party is why I have always been a Republican. I personally like McCain a great deal, but I just couldn't get behind him because of the shift in the party. I will vote Republican again, without a doubt because the country will shift if things don't turnaround. If McCain could have campaigned like his concession speech, he would have won my vote and in particular, the country.

For the economy, the blame is squarely on Alan Greenspan who created the catalyst for the borrowing.

Loren
    Last edited by Loren Crannell; 11-05-2008 at 11:04 PM. Reason: took out any reference to W.

so instead of voting for someone you barely disagree with, you vote for someone that is completely against what you just said

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post
    so instead of voting for someone you barely disagree with, you vote for someone that is completely against what you just said
    I voted for a change because I never heard from McCain how he would do anything different. Obama represents many values that are important to my young daughter and her rights as a girl and a woman.

Plus, I live in California where McCain didn't have a chance nor were any of the Senators up for re-election. The states that created the most change were Ohio, Virginia, and Pennsylvania. I am still in disbelief that McCain didn't win any of those states.

If I am to vote for somebody, I need to feel motivated to vote for him or her. I didn't agree with his VP choice and he never communicated well enough what his plans were. I think Palin will be back. She will be better prepared and will do quite well, but it wasn't now.

I would've been more comfortable had the Republican party kept more seats in the House and Senate, but again, I didn't have any Senators up for reelection.

Quote Originally Posted by labdoc View Post
    Way too scary of a thought and the reason there will never be peace between the US and much of the middle east. The only part I doubt is the inauguration on the Koran but the thought has and continues to cross my mind.

Share your ammo with the rest of us and we'll be unified. See how easy that is?
    I have tried to find "official confirmation" ,but Al Gore's internet says BHO took Senate oath on the Koran . Batten down the hatches , there be a fine storm brewing .
    Would one of you folks on my side of the fence , and someone from the other side , start a little research/timeline/background piece on BHO rise to infamy and 9/11 ? Might make you famous .College ,kids ,gone from public view , etc . ??Just planting a seed here .This is truly a great orchestration/manipulation of public policy/ideals. Kinda like how rap became mainstream .You know all those little suckers (skin color irrelevant)15 years ago with the sideways ball caps and underwear sticking out .They all voted Tuesday .Who planted that seed ????And you thought letting the kids express themselves was harmless!!!!!!!!!!!
    Note to Labdoc - just the first 2 lines are a response to you , sir .Too tired to start a new thread
    SEMPER FI . FROM MY COLD , DEAD HANDS .

www.bashakilllabradors.com

Quote Originally Posted by John Kelder View Post
    I have tried to find "official confirmation" ,but Al Gore's internet says BHO took Senate oath on the Koran. . . .Would one of you folks on my side of the fence , and someone from the other side , start a little research/timeline/background piece on BHO rise to infamy and 9/11 ? Might make you famous .College ,kids ,gone from public view , etc . ??Just planting a seed here .This is truly a great orchestration/manipulation of public policy/ideals. Kinda like how rap became mainstream .You know all those little suckers (skin color irrelevant)15 years ago with the sideways ball caps and underwear sticking out .They all voted Tuesday .Who planted that seed ????And you thought letting the kids express themselves was harmless!!!!!!!!!!!
    Give it up.
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!