The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 62

Thread: What are you going to do? GDG

  1. #21
    Senior Member Loren Crannell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Mountain View, CA
    Posts
    271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Johnson View Post
    Do not forget the Social Security reform and the Medicare reform the Reid, Pelosi and company have continously blocked. Oh! I forgot, they are liberal Democrats!

    PS If you think the debt is bad know you may want to educate yourself on what will happen when the Social Security and Medicare trust fund runs out of money. Oh! I forgot, these are things that the liberal democrats do not want you to know about. The fact is, it will take half the income of every working America just to pay the Social Security and Medicare obligations.
    The medicare and social security funds have just lost 20-35% of the value because of the issues from the issues that we are facing now.

    I am not a liberal, and I agree that far left has made medicare reform difficult. BUT, the Republican stance has always been to go private and that isn't the answer either.

    There are always two sides of the argument, and when the country can look at it from a moderate point of view both parties will be better.

    I fully understand your point about medicare and social security, but those are CURRENT problems and not an Obama created issue. Maybe you don't agree with his proposed solution, and I am not crazy about it either, but it took a bipartisan government to get us to this point.

  2. #22
    Senior Member cotts135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Watertown NY
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harvey8542 View Post
    This day I can honestly say I am disappointed with the country I love.I pray it works out but will not at all be surprised when this idiot runs this country into the dirt. Add to that now for the next couple years I have to listen to aassholes like Rev Jackson and Sharpton gloat makes me want to puke!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will not call him my president.
    Disappointed in Democracy Harvey?
    Speaking of running us into the dirt, I think the current president has done a great job at that.In fact it is because of where this country is today that the Republicans are now on the sidelines licking their wounds.
    Last edited by cotts135; 11-05-2008 at 05:21 AM.

  3. #23
    Senior Member K.Bullock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Coshocton, OH
    Posts
    545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    Disappointed in Democracy Harvey?
    Speaking of running us into the dirt, I think the current president has done a great job at that.In fact it is because of where this country is today that the Republicans are now on the sidelines licking their wounds.
    Not necessarily. If you recall McCain was in the lead until wall street fell 5000 points. It is surprising he was doing that well considering Bush's approval ratings. McCain is basically just one really unlucky duck.

    For Obama it was a perfect storm of opportunity and the media did not hurt him much either.I am interested as all get as to what the republican strategy is going to be in 2010.

    At any rate congrats to the Dems on your victory.Forgive me if I do not share in your enthusiasm.

    The one neat thing to come out of this is that we lived to see an African American(partly anyway) elected President. I hope this helps to heal the racial divisions in this country.
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

  4. #24
    Senior Member cotts135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Watertown NY
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K.Bullock View Post
    Not necessarily. If you recall McCain was in the lead until wall street fell 5000 points. It is surprising he was doing that well considering Bush's approval ratings. McCain is basically just one really unlucky duck.
    That's true but alot of that was from bounce he received from the Republican Convention. Gauging by the width and breadth of Obama's victory, my belief is that McCain still would have lost. If the Republicans had stood by their core beliefs of small government, being fiscally conservative, and the belief in the rule of law and not men then I think they would be alot happier today.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Ghent, Ky
    Posts
    2,547

    Default

    Just for the record.........everyone blames Bush for everything wrong with this country. How come no one hs brought up tht our Dem Congress has an approval rating 10 points LOWER than Bush but they re Great now......I call BS on that. Everyone talks about Stephens being investigated. One question WHY spend so much money to get elected for a job that pays what a Senator or Representative makes? How come any of them come out of Congress as multimillionaires without taking bribes? The whole dang bunch are CROOKS... If you just pick one of our congressmen and run an HONEST NON Partisan investigation and try them in a honest court.....Big Bubba would have a bunch of new roommates.. I am glad I am old becuse I probably will never see the destruction complete of the Country that is very close in the offing.....Dang shame.
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

    Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com

  6. #26
    Senior Member K.Bullock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Coshocton, OH
    Posts
    545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    That's true but alot of that was from bounce he received from the Republican Convention. Gauging by the width and breadth of Obama's victory, my belief is that McCain still would have lost. If the Republicans had stood by their core beliefs of small government, being fiscally conservative, and the belief in the rule of law and not men then I think they would be alot happier today.
    Honestly I hope that is hat we return to. Playing to the middle left just isn't cutting it. I look for a resurgence of true conservatism in the coming years. Neo-cons be damned.
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

  7. #27
    Senior Member Bob Gutermuth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    They come for my guns I send them bullets.

    I wonder if they have field trials in Argentina?
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

  8. #28
    Senior Member Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    620

    Default

    [quote=lcrannell;355077]
    There are always two sides of the argument, and when the country can look at it from a moderate point of view both parties will be better./quote]

    There are two sides, right and wrong. There are two kinds of moderates, ones who have strong principles, but fall to the left or right depending on the issue. The other type of moderate has no principles and just goes with the flow.
    Kelly, Weis, Willingham, & Davies

  9. #29
    Senior Member precisionlabradors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    st anthony idaho
    Posts
    584

    Default

    so nobody is a taker for the dollar for dollar thing? haha. i'll triple it.
    ________
    Lolite vaporizer review
    Last edited by precisionlabradors; 04-26-2011 at 03:14 PM.

  10. #30
    Senior Member achiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Enid, OK
    Posts
    2,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by precisionlabradors View Post
    so nobody is a taker for the dollar for dollar thing? haha. i'll triple it.
    No because as I said before, it's not the point. Amiable had a pretty good post on it, it won't be an all or none ban. It will start by increasing the price of ammo through taxes and legislation against the ammo manufacturers.
    The only saving grace it seems is that the Repubs kept a filibuster proof number in the Senate. That will keep the dims a bit more to the center.

Similar Threads

  1. Spanking your kids, go to jail. - GDG GDG GDG GDG GDG GDG
    By Gun_Dog2002 in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 12-25-2007, 01:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •