The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you going to do? GDG

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Better increase your arsenals now, before the new laws are on the floor of the congress.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

The folks that really want to take your guns away have figured out different ways to do so. What will happen is just like they are trying to do to other sporting venues like off road vehicles and boating. They have figured out if they can take the fun out of it and make it as unpleasant and expensive that eventually it will become such a small group of enthusiasts left doing it than they end up getting their way. Boating just missed getting a huge fee (sin tax) just this year which to reach compliance would have all but done in boating as a recreation. Believe it or not Pelosi actually fought it when she found out what would happen to her state. Then they have added sound, emission and other safety stuff. Thus increasing Horsepower, speed and other evil things.

The problem is while I might not need or want a 120 MPH boat or a 50 cal semi auto some day I may and my chance might be gone or so expensive, restrictive and limited that its no longer attractive.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by lcrannell View Post
    The medicare and social security funds have just lost 20-35% of the value because of the issues from the issues that we are facing now.
    Actually, the Medicare and Social Security trust fund moneys are not invested in the stock market. They are loaned, read Treasury Bonds, to the federal government. Since there is not any money in the trust fund, the government must borrow from other sources, read increase the deficit and debt, just to pay for the current retiree's. Just what do you think will happen when the baby boomers, like me, become eligible for Social Security and Medicare.

To make matters worse, money borrowed from the trust fund does not appear as part of the deficit or debt. This is the smoke and mirrors accounting that the federal government is allowed to engage in. If businesses used this practice, they would be guilty of fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by precisionlabradors View Post
    so nobody is a taker for the dollar for dollar thing? haha. i'll triple it.
    I'll bet you $1000 that in four years we will have much higher taxes on ammo and a ban on semi -auto weapons.

chirp, chirp, chirp

Senior Member precisionlabradors's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    I'll bet you $1000 that in four years we will have much higher taxes on ammo and a ban on semi -auto weapons.
    okay. let's get specific. i might actually make this bet. don't know if this breaks forum rules, but i'll do it.

is any increase in tax a win for you? is any regulation of semi-auto weapons a win for you?

or if there is not a ban on completely ALL semi auto weapons, is that a win for me?
    ________
    Pre-Paid Legal Services Dicussion
    Last edited by precisionlabradors; 04-26-2011 at 03:15 PM.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Heller was decided by a 5-4 court. If the new admin gets to appoint any justices to SCOTUS it will not take much to revisit this decision on some future case and overturn it. BHO voted against all of the justices who came before the Senate during his term. Biden voted no on all 5.

Brady Bunch Gloats Over Obama Victory: The strong Election Day showing for Democrats signals stronger support for “sensible gun laws” in this country and a “significant setback” for the National Rifle Association, a gun control group said Tuesday night. The Brady Campaign issued a statement even before Sen. Barack Obama was declared the winner, saying the political environment is better than it’s been in years for “progress on gun violence prevention.” …Brady Campaign officials said it appears that the June Supreme Court decision in D.C. v. Heller may be starting to have an impact on political races - “with the gun lobby failing to convince law-abiding gun owners that an Obama-Biden Administration would infringe on anyone's basic Constitutional rights…”

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=38807
    http://www.ohioccw.org/content/view/4106/53/
    ---
    Last edited by Bob Gutermuth; 11-06-2008 at 11:03 AM.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by precisionlabradors View Post
    okay. let's get specific. i might actually make this bet. don't know if this breaks forum rules, but i'll do it.

is any increase in tax a win for you? is any regulation of semi-auto weapons a win for you?

or if there is not a ban on completely ALL semi auto weapons, is that a win for me?
    Well I would say my friends semi-auto rifle that he takes to the range or another friends 1911 pistol that they keep for home protection are just as important to them as my Banelli is to me so all semi auto weapons would be included. As far as the tax on ammo more then a 10% increase. I think that ultamatly the court he appoints will disarm us, but not sure he can get that done in 4 years. He will however whittle away at our gun rights in a signifagent way. If he is elected to a 2nd term we are shit outta luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    Heller was decided by a 5-4 court. If the new admin gets to appoint any justices to SCOTUS it will not take much to revisit this decision on some future case and overturn it.
    [/FONT]http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=38807
    http://www.ohioccw.org/content/view/4106/53/
    ---
    From the reports I've seen, the conservative justices are expected to remain in place for at least the next 4 years. The ones expected to resign (3 are considered probable) are the ones on the left. Obama appointees would only retain the current balance.

So for at least the next 4 years I would not expect much change in course regarding the S.C.

Brian