The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: What are you going to do? GDG

Quote Originally Posted by M Remington View Post
    I have no problem with them taking assault weapons. They have no purpose other than to kill people.
    1) For competitive target-shooting, the military design background of some "assault weapons" makes them the most preferred of all firearms. The apex of the world of target shooting is the national target matches held every year Camp Perry, Ohio, under the supervision of the federal government's Civilian Marksmanship Program. In fact, the Colt AR-15 Sporter and its ancestors, loaded with 20 or 30 round magazines, have long been required weapons in some Civilian Marksmanship competitions. Most of the other politically incorrect rifles outlawed by the gun bans are usable in other Civilian Marksmanship events, and are highly prized competition target guns.

It is also worth noting that the development of these competitive target shooters from young ages, that become our military and law enforcement snipers, saving lives every day.

But I suppose if target shooters said "Go ahead and ban shotguns, I don't hunt;" Or, "Go ahead and outlaw the use of live birds in field trials, they don't need them," such logic would work for you like it works for them?

2) Regardless of whether you agree with it or not; Regardless of whether you like it or not, the genuine meaning of the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution was intended for the people to be able to protect themselves from the U.S. government in case it became tyrannical and attempts to take away the peoples' rights. It was not intended to protect hunters from having hunting rifles. The people are better armed with military style semi-autos than they are with hunting rifles and shotguns.
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

Senior Member precisionlabradors's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    I haven't said 300%, but I'm sure it will be significant,and I'm sure enough that they will go after assault weapons (semi-auto) to bet on it.So lets do it. Four years starts when he's sworn in. By the way I didn't redefine anything. But you tacked on that 300% pork.
    i really am game for the bet. but i want to be sure what the terms are.

your original post was that there will be a ban on ALL semi-auto weapons, and that taxes will be MUCH higher. I tacked the 300% on from the NRA website.

In order to make the bet I want to know what percentage window we are talking on MUCH higher taxes on ammo. And the ban has to be on ALL semi-auto weapons.
    ________
    Prilosec lawsuites
    Last edited by precisionlabradors; 04-26-2011 at 04:16 PM.

My take:

As I said before, I do NOT believe that gun control is on the front burner for the Democrats!

If anything comes down, it will not be within the first two years of The Chosen One's reign. And what do the Democrats seek the most --

1. Reinstituting the AW ban.
    2. Micro-stamping ammo.
    3. Ballistic fingerprinting of handguns.

Because of Pittman-Robertson, an increase on the tax on ammo is complicated beyond belief and therefore VERY unattractive, and I don't think it has any chance whatsoever, no matter how much The Chose One wants it. That is a foolish bet.
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

Quote Originally Posted by bonbonjovi View Post
    what guns ? I dont own any guns, I am a bowhunter, and the camo was used for paintball.Now the guy down the street has some automatic weapons....when i throw a bumper I yell BANG real loud

Me neither. I had a few guns once but I got rid of them. I sold them at the flea market...I guess I should have kept reciepts...but then I never expected Mr. Obama and Mr. Biden to take them away...Oh well...perhaps if you go down to the flea market you might find that person...I'm not really sure as I remember what they look lie nor did I get a name..they were middle height, middle weight..they were kind of effeminate also so I'm not sure if they were a gay man or a lesbian woman...no distinguishable features...gosh I really don't remember.....
    The More I Learn About People ,The More I Love My Dog!

A good friend will bail you out of jail. A really good friend will be sitting in jail beside you saying "DAMN that was fun!!!"

"Watermarks Troublesome Bonnie MH QAA"
    "Luthenauer Troublesome Coon Creek Susie MH MNH1"
    "Coon Creeks Backwater Quack Head MH"
    "Luthenauer Sir Buster Brown SH"

Quote Originally Posted by AmiableLabs View Post
    My take:

As I said before, I do NOT believe that gun control is on the front burner for the Democrats!

If anything comes down, it will not be within the first two years of The Chosen One's reign. And what do the Democrats seek the most --

1. Reinstituting the AW ban.
    2. Micro-stamping ammo.
    3. Ballistic fingerprinting of handguns.

Because of Pittman-Robertson, an increase on the tax on ammo is complicated beyond belief and therefore VERY unattractive, and I don't think it has any chance whatsoever, no matter how much The Chose One wants it. That is a foolish bet.
    I'm not familiar with Pitman Robertson Act can you explain especially why it is so complicated?

A good friend will bail you out of jail. A really good friend will be sitting in jail beside you saying "DAMN that was fun!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by AmiableLabs View Post
    1) For competitive target-shooting, the military design background of some "assault weapons" makes them the most preferred of all firearms. The apex of the world of target shooting is the national target matches held every year Camp Perry, Ohio, under the supervision of the federal government's Civilian Marksmanship Program. In fact, the Colt AR-15 Sporter and its ancestors, loaded with 20 or 30 round magazines, have long been required weapons in some Civilian Marksmanship competitions. Most of the other politically incorrect rifles outlawed by the gun bans are usable in other Civilian Marksmanship events, and are highly prized competition target guns.

It is also worth noting that the development of these competitive target shooters from young ages, that become our military and law enforcement snipers, saving lives every day.

But I suppose if target shooters said "Go ahead and ban shotguns, I don't hunt;" Or, "Go ahead and outlaw the use of live birds in field trials, they don't need them," such logic would work for you like it works for them?

2) Regardless of whether you agree with it or not; Regardless of whether you like it or not, the genuine meaning of the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution was intended for the people to be able to protect themselves from the U.S. government in case it became tyrannical and attempts to take away the peoples' rights. It was not intended to protect hunters from having hunting rifles. The people are better armed with military style semi-autos than they are with hunting rifles and shotguns.
    Amiablelabs:

I think I agree with your logic..unless it was tongue in cheek.

Define assault weapon...I think there in lies the problem... wouldn't someone who has a ruger 10/22 semi auto .22 be an assault rifle...it's high capacity (10 shots and you can get 20 and 30 round clips), or how about a .22 with a tubular magazine, they hold up to 20 or more .22's...how a about a tubular mag Marlin 30-30...hmmm it holds more than 3 or 4 doesn't it....where do we stop...lets see...how about a semi-auto hand gun.....What about a semiauto shotgun....how about a Remington 870...hmmm....it holds 5 shots...is that an assault weapon....

I think this logic is not very well thought out. If you own guns you need to resist ANY ban on guns. Guns don't kill people. People kill people! I guarantee you if you take any gun that is functioning properly and load it place it on a table and if a person doesn't disturb it, the gun will not kill anyone by itself...come back a hundred years from now and the gun will still be sitting there. Perhaps we need to enforce the laws we have now and put stiffer penalties on crimes committed with any weapon...

I think a lot of folks want gun bans because they are not exposed to them and they are of the false thought that if you take everyones guns away gun crimes go away. They don't realize the fallicy in that logic. First off most crimes where a gun is used to committ a felony were obtained or used illegally. Do you think the 3rd time looser driveby gang member obtained that gun legally? Do you think that by making it illegal they would not obtain one anyway?

It's the second amendment to the constitution. Those guys who wrote it...I believe the really meant it...

Quote Originally Posted by precisionlabradors View Post
    i really am game for the bet. but i want to be sure what the terms are.

your original post was that there will be a ban on ALL semi-auto weapons, and that taxes will be MUCH higher. I tacked the 300% on from the NRA website.

In order to make the bet I want to know what percentage window we are talking on MUCH higher taxes on ammo. And the ban has to be on ALL semi-auto weapons.
    Read my original post if you see the word ALL in it I'll give you $1000 dollars right now. I don't think they will take all of em until his second term. I also gave you the 300% you came up with. Do we need to get lawyers involved to make a simple bet. Is it gonna be one of those " that depends on what the the meaning of the word is is" situations. I can see wanting actual % but come on you've been spouting off for a while how they are not gonna take our guns and when it comes time to put your money were your mouth is you want to it to take guns out of every gun cabinet in America be for you'll bet. What the hell is the difference between your semi-auto deer rifle and another guys assault rifle. they look different and it's somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    Read my original post if you see the word ALL in it I'll give you $1000 dollars right now. I don't think they will take all of em until his second term. I also gave you the 300% you came up with. Do we need to get lawyers involved to make a simple bet. Is it gonna be one of those " that depends on what the the meaning of the word is is" situations. I can see wanting actual % but come on you've been spouting off for a while how they are not gonna take our guns and when it comes time to put your money were your mouth is you want to it to take guns out of every gun cabinet in America be for you'll bet. What the hell is the difference between your semi-auto deer rifle and another guys assault rifle. they look different and it's somebody else.
    thats funny about putting your money where your mouth is. i see it the exact same way. you original post said: I'll bet you $1000 that in four years we will have much higher taxes on ammo and a ban on semi -auto weapons.

i interpret that to mean that you think ALL semi-auto's will be illegal within 4 yrs. Again you are the one that said much higher taxes, so I am wondering what that means. Again, I'm more than willing to make the bet, but want clear terms. I thought you were saying that it will be illegal to own a semi auto gun of any type within 4 yrs and were saying that there will be a HUGE increase in taxes on ammo. 300% is what I've seen, so I was going with that figure.

Clearly: I will take your bet of :I'll bet you $1000 that in four years we will have much higher taxes on ammo and a ban on semi -auto weapons. if that means that ALL semi autos will be banned and there is a SIGNIFICANT (doesn't have to be 300%) increase in taxes.

If you think it is only about losing semi auto assault weapons, just say so and the bet will be moot. It's just that I get tired of hearing about how we won't be able to hunt due to BHO legislation. It's not true in my opinion, and I'm willing to bet a grand on it.

So, if you're interested, let's do it.
    ________
    Volcano vaporizer

Quote Originally Posted by precisionlabradors View Post
    thats funny about putting your money where your mouth is. i see it the exact same way. you original post said: I'll bet you $1000 that in four years we will have much higher taxes on ammo and a ban on semi -auto weapons.

i interpret that to mean that you think ALL semi-auto's will be illegal within 4 yrs. Again you are the one that said much higher taxes, so I am wondering what that means. Again, I'm more than willing to make the bet, but want clear terms. I thought you were saying that it will be illegal to own a semi auto gun of any type within 4 yrs and were saying that there will be a HUGE increase in taxes on ammo. 300% is what I've seen, so I was going with that figure.

Clearly: I will take your bet of :I'll bet you $1000 that in four years we will have much higher taxes on ammo and a ban on semi -auto weapons. if that means that ALL semi autos will be banned and there is a SIGNIFICANT (doesn't have to be 300%) increase in taxes.

If you think it is only about losing semi auto assault weapons, just say so and the bet will be moot. It's just that I get tired of hearing about how we won't be able to hunt due to BHO legislation. It's not true in my opinion, and I'm willing to bet a grand on it.

So, if you're interested, let's do it.
    I can't imagine doing any type of business with you. I gave you the 300%now you want to put your own interpretation on the rest of what I said and expand it to the absolute maximum in your favor. Then if I don't go for that it's me being the hypocrite. YOU HAVE BEEN SAYING THEY WON'T TAKE YOUR GUNS WELL HERE'S YOUR CHANCE TO BET THEY WON'T TAKE MY GUNS.

Comrade Fields

then explain what you meant. if i feel like what you meant won't happen, i'll take your bet. it's not a matter of them "taking" my or your guns.

i'm betting on the legality.

come up with some terms for the bet and we'll make it. if not, let's drop it.
    ________
    Jailbroken