The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GDG Question for the Dems GDG

Default GDG Question for the Dems GDG

Well, it's over. Congrats to those who voted for Obama. It is a historic milestone and a testament to the idea that there is opportunity for anyone in this country, for sure. Something I've been wondering for some time and would like answered. We've been hearing for what seems like forever that "8 years of failed Bush policies" are what we need to change. Can someone please list those policies for me so that I understand exactly what I can expect to change over the next 4 years? There have been many decisions by the Bush administration that I haven't agreed with, but I suspect that they are not the same decisions that the liberals speak of. Please avoid regurgitating the campaign talking points and just explain to me which policies are the bad ones.
    Thanks,
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Doling out monies to faith base coorperations is one.
    Lady Hunter

That was a pretty short list. Specifically, to which faith-based corporations did he dole out monies and what was the disastrous result?
    Thanks,
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Senior Member precisionlabradors's Avatar

are you really open to hearing or will an answer get your scoff? if the latter, i won't waste my time.
    ________
    Teen italian
    Last edited by precisionlabradors; 04-26-2011 at 04:13 PM.

I think he was being serious...and should you choose to reply...

you have to be prepaired for a retort...

most any answer will be debatable(ed) depending which side of the fence you are on...

unless you or anyone else can come up with absolute examples that are undisputable then be prepaired.

I would suggest that by your response: ..."an anwser..will get your scoff"..you can not provide undisputed areas of failure..and you should choose to not anwser. It's only gonna get everyones goat.

But hey sometimes thats the fun in a question!!

NCA

Two issues (policies) brought down the Republican Party. First is the War in Iraq. Iraq is not the central front against Islamic terrorist. With no WMD to be found we should have gotten the hell out. Bush took his eye off the real terrorist and went after a personal vendetta. Second, the collaspe of the brokerage houses was because of all the Deregulation pushed through by Republican lawmakers. The collaspe of Fannie and Freddie was due to the Democrats. However, the Dems were able to convince many that it was all the Republicans fault. And lets face it, the Republicans ran a weak candidate. In today's media age, no one can win without great camera appeal.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

AHHHHHH

but Booty..this is the slippery slope I was talking about..

1) the war as you put it...I dont see it as a failed policy (matter of fact I dont think a War can be seen as Policy)..those men and women that went to war and are still at war have made me feel SAFE...I would rather fight 1000 there than 1 here..so to that end the war is a success in my eyes.

2) the collapse....different view points...deregulation happend Before Bushes watch...it goes back further than that. some say as far as Carter I dont know about that but I do know about Clintion (more to my era). Problem is Bush and his administration didnt do anything to curb it and the Dems poured gas on the bon fire...but is that a Policy..no it is not. Because his admin did nothing is not the same as creating a policy.

Everyone is gonna see it different, regards

NCA

It sure is interesting to hear the crickets chirping when I ask for finite examples of failed Bush policies. There are quite a few folks that frequent this board that have echoed the old "Bush is a terrible President", "Bush got us into this terrible mess", "eight years of failed Bush policies" rhetoric, but I am seriously trying to learn exactly what those policies are. The propaganda worked. It was an excellent and well-executed strategy. Most people in this country believe that Bush is a bad President and that he has put the country in a worse position than when he took over. But if you ask them, they can't tell you why. They start with the war in Iraq, but usually know almost nothing about it. Then they go to the economy, but can't explain the President's role in it. Then they say he supports torture, but can't explain his position or policy there, either. Then (if they are on the left) they get angry and start attacking his inability to inunciate properly or just go straight to name-calling. Someone please explain to me what "eight years of failed Bush policies" means.
    Matt McKenzie

How about his numerous policy decisions concerning global warming/climate change. The Bush Clean Air Act actually produced dirtier air than was allowed under Clinton. The Bush Clean Water Act meant dirtier water. The first campaign promise he broke in 2001 was his promise to lower CO2 emissions. He spent seven years deriding climate change as voodoo science, only admitting the severity of the problem on his way out the door. Under his leadership, the U.S. went from a world leader on this front to a poster child for bad climate policy.

His most famous policy decision, now called the Bush Doctrine, was one to start a preemptive war. This was a first in U.S. history, and a decision that most in this country have come to regret. From this Bush Doctrine has come policy decisions to allow torture, to hold prisoners in Guantanamo without trial or due process, to allow the federal government to wiretap citizens' phone conversations without oversight or constraint.

Bush policies, pushed by Dick Cheney, have also undermined the separation of powers delineated in the U.S. Constitution, with the executive branch of government usurping the constitutional responsibilities of the Congress.

There are many, many more examples of policies, both foreign and domestic, that the next president will have to deal with in trying to correct the mess Bush and Cheney are leaving behind. Most Americans, both Democratic and Republican, are glad to see an end to the Bush Administration and the misguided policies they spawned.
    Last edited by Jim Scarborough; 11-06-2008 at 09:04 AM.
    Blind Lake Labradors

Google failed Bush policies and start reading. Perhaps you would like to cite some of his shining sucess's?

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift