The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: GDG Question for the Dems GDG

  1. #21
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    I suppose I should have addressed the question directly to Joe S. or Jeff Goodwin. They are the only Dems I have seen here who can objectively, constructively and rationally make an argument about thier positions and opinions. I looked forward to a healthy and civil discussion, but all I got was "Bush sucks because Bush sucks". Oh well. I guess that's how we get a country led by Obama, Pelosi and Ried. I'm done now.

    Jeff must have posted while I was writing. Thanks, Jeff. I knew you would come through for me.
    How can you be done when I finally responded????

    Every now and then I actually have to take a break from posting to work and play with my dogs.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Jim Scarborough's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Southeast Texas
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler View Post
    Bruce,

    those polls are great, but they DO NOT show how he has had FAILED policies.


    Show me a poll of people who feel his POLICIES failed....and then you got something.


    NCA
    Polls indicate that only 9% of Americans feel the country is headed in the right direction. This should certainly serve as a "poll of people who feel his POLICIES failed..."

    I think we got something.
    Blind Lake Labradors

  3. #23
    Senior Member Matt McKenzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    How can you be done when I finally responded????

    Every now and then I actually have to take a break from posting to work and play with my dogs.
    Your post was well thought out and you expressed your opinions well. Some of your points I disagree with completely, a couple were a little vague, but most gave me food for thought. I'll respond when I have had time to digest it. Perhaps some of our peers can learn from your approach.
    Matt McKenzie

    "Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Green Mountain, Co
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    It took me back when I read in an earlier post, "the war...I don't see it as failed policy". The war was a HUGE foreign policy blunder on many levels. Took valuable resources away from Afghanistan and the real war on terrorism, gave Al Qaeda a new cause and life, destabilized the region, increased distrusted of the U.S. not only in that part of the world, but across the globe. Not to mention the economic consequences the war has had on our economy. And no I don't feel any safer because of it, and that line from the administration "fight them there so we don't have to fight them here" is hogwash in regard to Iraq.
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jscarborough View Post
    Polls indicate that only 9% of Americans feel the country is headed in the right direction. This should certainly serve as a "poll of people who feel his POLICIES failed..."
    If I were polled 6 months ago I would have said we were moving in the wrong direction. I felt the country was leaning left and I do not approve.

    The dems are now in full control, let's see if they can fix it or make it worse. I noticed the 9% is just slightly below congress approval rating.

    It's all in the way you look at it.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    202

    Default

    This is so easy, Sarah Palin could pass this test!

    Not in any particular order. . .

    1. Tax cuts when we had a budget surplus. You can't cut taxes and spend. So Clinton's surplus became Bush's deficit.
    2. Going to war for reasons he didn't know (it took him several tries before he could find a reason that was true).
    3. Brownie's response to Katrina.
    4. Signing statements.
    5. Tapping people's phones.
    6. Never vetoing a bill until the Democrats took over the house and senate.
    7. Spending every weekend at Crawford (the President was never in town when a crisis hit).
    8. Faith-based initiatives.
    9. Letting Karl Rove slander good Americans who differed with Bush's policies.
    10. Commuting the sentence of Scooter Libby.
    11. Allowing his people to go to the bed of an ailing Attorney General to get his signature to commit crimes.
    12. Torturing prisoners of war at Abu G.
    13. Taking his eye off of Osama Bin Ladin.
    14. Hiring Justice Department employees who made one's political ideology a major qualification for employment and continued employment.
    15. Giving the German Prime Minister a back rub during a state meeting.
    16. Going socialist when the banking industry began experiencing problems.
    17. Making Dick Cheyney his VP.

    I'm sure there are many others, but these are the first that came to mind.
    Last edited by M Remington; 11-09-2008 at 08:18 PM.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Chris Meyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jackson, WI
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Those sound a lot better than some of Nobama's plans. I'd take things like phone tapping over gun loss. I've got nothing to hide.
    Dogs have many friends because they wag their tails, not their tongues.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    202

    Default

    I've followed this election closely, and have never heard Obama mention taking guns away. Can you enlighten me on this one?

    In the priorities area, I'd rather lose my guns than my right to privacy (I don't have anything to hide either).

  9. #29
    Senior Member subroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dover, New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    After 9-11 I don’t believe the nation was attacked by terrorists.

    He freed 2 nations, one from a dictator the other from an oppressive government.

    After hurricane Katrina when the democrat mayor and governor failed to protect their citizens, his efforts evacuated a major city in approximately 7 days. He took the blame to give cover to the democrats. He provided so much cover for the failed mayor that he was re-elected. Amazing.

    He attempted to fix Social Security but was stymied by left wing ideologues in congress that chose to put party over the nation.

    He appointed two fine justices to the Supreme Court.

    He worked with democrats to create no child left behind.

    He created a prescription drug program.

    He funded aids programs in Africa at the highest rates ever by an American president in an attempt to eradicate and treat the disease.

    History will look kindly on President George W. Bush, in much the same way it looks kindly on President Harry Truman.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M Remington View Post
    I've followed this election closely, and have never heard Obama mention taking guns away. Can you enlighten me on this one?

    In the priorities area, I'd rather lose my guns than my right to privacy (I don't have anything to hide either).
    Do you really think that you are being tapped while talking to your mom about thanksgiving dinner? To think so is ignorant and a bit conceded if you think you are that important If he takes away your right to a gun you can be sure that your gun will be taken away whether you are a terrorist, criminal or law abiding citizen.

    EDIT: Obama supports "gun control" which will take away a lot of our guns and he hasn't made a big deal about it because he knows how most of the country feels about taking away our guns. Doesn't mean that he hasn't mentioned it. Hell it was on his transition website for a while before he took it down
    Last edited by Cody Covey; 11-09-2008 at 09:00 PM. Reason: add more

Similar Threads

  1. American Idol question GDG...GDG
    By Debbie C in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-27-2009, 11:42 AM
  2. GDG - question for comp techies - GDG
    By JS in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-25-2008, 10:40 AM
  3. GDG online video question GDG
    By Leddyman in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-18-2008, 07:15 PM
  4. GDG Non-Partisian Political Question GDG
    By bmontang in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 08:32 PM
  5. GDG A Question about John McCain GDG Political
    By Larkin in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-08-2008, 01:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •