The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Name a Good Looking Republican for 2012

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I beleive we were looking for good looking Republicans.

RK
    Has he been pushed out from under the republican umbrella of tolerance?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Has he been pushed out from under the republican umbrella of tolerance?
    Kinda, we don't need any more "progressives" in the tent.

He is on your side, remember??

RK
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Kinda, we don't need any more "progressives" in the tent.

He is on your side, remember??

RK
    I don't know about that. He was just very critical of Obama, saying he's "lost focus" during his first term.

To me, he sounds like a guy who looks at the current situation, and makes an informed decision about what he thinks is best. I have almost forgiven him for allowing himself to be led astray by the manipulative administrators of the Bush years (Rummy, Cheney) and given his military record, will cut him a little slack.

I am under the independent tent, but think either side would be foolish to kick Gen. Powell out of theirs. So far, only the republicans have done so.

All may be moot discussion, as he seems to have no desire to drag himself and his family through the gauntlet of presidential campaigns. THAT, to me, is most telling of his wisdom!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Anyone mention Colin Powell?

(not that I think he's cute, but he is Presidential appearing and carries himself well)

And he's battle tested.
    Not a chance. He failed to stand up and say the truth when he had the chance. He's a supporter, not a leader.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Jindal said he is not currently interested and plans on running for reelection as Gov.
    but in retrospect franco, how many people have declared they are running 2 yrs out?

they all say theyarent interested. then the schmoozing and the vetting comes and who knows what can happen.

i wouldnt make him a favorite to declare interest, but i dang sure wouldnt write it off niether.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I think many would be concerned with him being a southern Christian and his ties with Evangelicals.

He is very smart but his FOX TV show is very boring, hence his poor TV ratings. I doubt he would appeal to younger voters, most men and woman outside of the deep south.
    he's a nice guy and has a good presence, and i like him to an extent, but not enough crossover appeal as you say. not only is his show boring, but i think he demeans himself a little when he joins the band. cool i guess, but not take-charge leader presidential.

How 'bout the Politico rumor of Bloomberg/Scarbrough?? As Independents?

I would imagine most self-proclaimed republicans here would rather see Joe with bus tracks across his head than offer him a spot on a ticket??

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    Not a chance. He failed to stand up and say the truth when he had the chance. He's a supporter, not a leader.
    I'd have to see the official briefings he was given prior to his UN speech. It hurts to think he would knowingly go along with the lies that were propogated by the administration..

Quote Originally Posted by depittydawg View Post
    Former Commander of the US Army Forces command and Chairman of the Joint Chief of Staffs, not a leader

Colin Powell will never be welcomed by the Republican Party again since he committed the cardinal sin by his endorsement of BHO

Failing to stand up and say the truth as you put it comes from the fact as a true military man he would always support the President...kind of the difference between him and a General Wesley Clark
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Former Commander of the US Army Forces command and Chairman of the Joint Chief of Staffs, not a leader

Colin Powell will never be welcomed by the Republican Party again since he committed the cardinal sin by his endorsement of BHO

Failing to stand up and say the truth as you put it comes from the fact as a true military man he would always support the President...kind of the difference between him and a General Wesley Clark
    Exactly my point. A man who follows orders when they are wrong, is not the man you want in charge. I was a big Powell supporter prior to his failure as Secretary of state. Your His first obligation was to his country; not to the man who hired him.