The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: My take on this Election Cycle

Default My take on this Election Cycle

It's been a very interesting run. I have a newly found respect for this country's ability to survive a calamity. & that is what I expect during the next 2 years.

It is nice to know there are many kindred spirits out there who think somewhat the same as I do. Some are very eloquent in expressing themselves & serve as effective spokesman for what is good about America.

I do hope there is effective leadership among those who play the political game & that they do not take this aberration of the elective cycle as an omen of what the citizens want. We have seen daily for 8 years what an coordinated denigrating of a president's effort can lead to in public perception. I believe it also led to some bad decisions in the interest of political expediency.

There is a newly found respect for some of those who post for their ability to present their views in a forthright manner. I look forward to meeting many of you in the future. There is also a level of disrespect for those whose only ability seems to be similar to the name calling & political discourse we have seen the last 8 years. But, please continue, you are your own worst enemy.

I feel a level of sympathy for those who are unprepared &/or unable to scale their life style down as that will become a necessity should you be one who participates in the commerce of society, productively. We will all see where it progresses from here.
    Last edited by Marvin S; 11-05-2008 at 01:37 PM.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    It's been a very interesting run. I have a newly found respect for this country's ability to survive a calamity. & that is what I expect during the next 2 years.

It is nice to know there are many kindred spirits out there who think somewhat the same as I do. Some are very eloquent in expressing themselves & serve as effective spokesman for what is good about America.

I do hope there is effective leadership among those who play the political game & that they do not take this aberration of the elective cycle as an omen of what the citizens want. We have seen daily for 8 years what an coordinated denigrating of a president's effort can lead to in public perception. I believe it also led to some bad decisions in the interest of political expediency.

There is a newly found respect for some of those who post for their ability to present their views in a forthright manner. I look forward to meeting many of you in the future. There is also a level of disrespect for those whose only ability seems to be similar to the name calling & political discourse we have seen the last 8 years. But, please continue, you are your own worst enemy.

I feel a level of sympathy for those who are unprepared &/or unable to scale their life style down as that will become a necessity should you be one who paricipates in the commerce of society, productively. We will all see where it progresses from here.
    I'm not planning on scaling my lifestyle down, and I'm pretty "productive." We went through an unprecedented period of financial growth, surplus and job creation during Clinton's tenure. Taxes at that time were higher than what Barack Obama is proposing. What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Charles C. View Post
    ........ What am I missing?
    You are missing the internet boom. You remember, that thing Al Gore invented. Anything that fell in poop came out smelling like a rose during those times. Not that you fell in any poop on anything like that ................
    Quote = "Maybe the "nice and helpful" don't know enough to know the original poster is an idiot." Achiro_Jan. 09

I don't own a dog. I'm a cat person. I'm only here for the GDG!
    Formerly known as WAH, W, Dubya & Dubaya

Quote Originally Posted by Arturo View Post
    You are missing the internet boom. You remember, that thing Al Gore invented. Anything that fell in poop came out smelling like a rose during those times. Not that you fell in any poop on anything like that ................
    The internet boom really hit towards the end of his 8 years. It's disingenuous to say that the success of the economy during his 8 years was primarily based on the internet. It's a talking point and a copout.

and its disingunious to suggest that the first 4 years of Clintons success was anything more than a piggyback of GB Sr.

So, Clinton...8yrs minus the first 4 and the last two (for the internet, and really the internet boom was more than the "end" of his term.1996 is when it started)..leaves him with 2 good years...

Bush..8 years...minus the last 6 (personally the last 4, but I'll give you 2) and it leaves you with 2 good years....

NCA

Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler View Post
    and its disingunious to suggest that the first 4 years of Clintons success was anything more than a piggyback of GB Sr.

So, Clinton...8yrs minus the first 4 and the last two (for the internet, and really the internet boom was more than the "end" of his term.1996 is when it started)..leaves him with 2 good years...

Bush..8 years...minus the last 6 (personally the last 4, but I'll give you 2) and it leaves you with 2 good years....

NCA
    I agree with you, but Clinton committed a crime and was impeached while in office, Bush did not.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson