The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly etc

Default Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly etc

It is my feeling that the three of them do more harm to the REAL Conservative movement than they do good.First, they have redefined Conservative to fit their agendas. Real Conservatism borders on Libertarism. That the fucnction of the government is to protect the Constitution and the people of the USA. And, that government should be small, with low taxes and not be involved in social issues. That is unless those social issues threaten our liberties.Seems that the three I've mentioned above as well as some Republican poloticians have hijacked tha party.Republicans are now mostly leaderless and Pres Bush's policies may have done in the GOP for good. I would expect a strong third party to emerge over the next few years. One that does represent Conservative politics and not the misinformation we get from the three talking heads in my headline.P S Just so I am clear, Pres. R Reagan was not a Conservative. But, three above have claimed him to be so as they have redinfined Conservative.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

They may not be perfect but thay are far far better than Air America. I don't consider O'Rielly a conservative, but I do believe he is an honest analyst.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Air America went bankrupt a while back. No listeners equal no advertising revenue. That is what the proponets of the "Fairness Doctrine" don't understand. It is NOT that broadcast ownership is right winged because if liberal talk shows attracted listeners, broadcasters would be all over it to make a dollar.Liberals do NOT listen to talk or information. They act on emotions and not facts. They had Air America but they didn't want the information delivered to them as they would have to think. Case in point would be Fox News vs MSNBC. MSNBC's ratings are barely a blimp on the ratings charts. Liberals would rather watch Paris Hilton goofs than the news!
    Last edited by Franco; 11-05-2008 at 12:11 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member precisionlabradors's Avatar

or maybe they do think and don't buy into all the fear and conspiracies the republicans eat up like a soap opera.
    ________
    Vaporizer affiliates
    Last edited by precisionlabradors; 04-26-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by precisionlabradors View Post
    or maybe they do think and don't buy into all the fear and conspiracies the republicans eat up like a soap opera.
    So, that is why Liberals don't listen to Liberal talk radio?Try coming up with something that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Booty View Post
    It is my feeling that the three of them do more harm to the REAL Conservative movement than they do good.First, they have redefined Conservative to fit their agendas. Real Conservatism borders on Libertarism. That the fucnction of the government is to protect the Constitution and the people of the USA. And, that government should be small, with low taxes and not be involved in social issues. That is unless those social issues threaten our liberties.Seems that the three I've mentioned above as well as some Republican poloticians have hijacked tha party.Republicans are now mostly leaderless and Pres Bush's policies may have done in the GOP for good. I would expect a strong third party to emerge over the next few years. One that does represent Conservative politics and not the misinformation we get from the three talking heads in my headline.P S Just so I am clear, Pres. R Reagan was not a Conservative. But, three above have claimed him to be so as they have redinfined Conservative.
    Have you watched Mike Huckabee's show on Fox? Didn't vote for him in the primary, but based on his presentation and views on his show I would vote for him in the next POTUS race. Non-confrontational and a great communicator that doesn't back down on his views, yet listens to other viewpoints.

Not saying he will start a third party, but he is a good bet (if he's willing to leave his show) for the GOP in 2012.

The Dems will not split their party and most right winger's wouldn't leave the GOP for a third party unless it became a viable third party majority that dwarfed the GOP.
    Last edited by Lisa S.; 11-05-2008 at 12:53 PM.
    I reside on the left coast, but my ideals are right wing.
    LQP CN Double Hunter, SH (09/12/1996-12/22/2010)
    Waterstrike's Dynamic Amazon, MH (10/18/2000-09/08/2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Booty View Post
    Liberals do NOT listen to talk or information. They act on emotions and not facts.
    Are you saying that Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly, and Air Americal all provide/provided their listeners with facts?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Never/wouldn't listen to AA. The stuff I hear on Rush, Bill O and Sean is factual enough, though sometimes hard to document thru the mainstream media.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

I think advocates of the fairness doctrine understand fully that leftist, liberal radio doesn't work and can't compete. That's why they want to squash conservative radio. There's nothing fair about it...they simply want to destroy conservative talk because liberals can't compete and it will be one of the first things Obama-Reid-Pelosi will go after with a vengeance.

It is like public radio and tv. Not much of a market, can't make it on their own so we taxpayers have to foot the bill.