The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly etc

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    I guess cotts135 doesn't get either.
    I guess in your world it is ok to threaten with elimination a group of people who simply don't see things as you do. I am not concerned if it is a joke or not, it is just not appropriate on so many levels. Just don't see it as funny when you joke about killing people.
    Just imagine if Keith Olberman had said the same thing, I am sure that the likes of Hannity, Limbaugh, O'Reilly and the others would have stayed on the sidelines and not said anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    I guess in your world it is ok to threaten with elimination a group of people who simply don't see things as you do. I am not concerned if it is a joke or not, it is just not appropriate on so many levels. Just don't see it as funny when you joke about killing people.
    Just imagine if Keith Olberman had said the same thing, I am sure that the likes of Hannity, Limbaugh, O'Reilly and the others would have stayed on the sidelines and not said anything about it.
    Group hug anyone?

cotts135

In that clip what group did he threaten with elimination?

You know, you can thin out the herd without sending them to the slaughter house. If you really think this on national tv is a threat to anyone, I understand why we now have obama.

cotts135

Musta been watching a rap video
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    ..... It's obviously a humorous jab at who voted Obama into office. Don't bother telling me how you don't think it's funny as you are obviously not their targeted listener. Is humor now against the PC police, or only allowed for Democrats?
    Interesting, a conservative media person makes a statement that obviously suggests the majority of voters were "stupid" to vote for Obama and he is defended for what is "obviously a humorous jab". If Olberman had said something similar to what Beck said you all would have had a good back and forth "discussion" here for multiple pages about how "liberals" think conservatives are "stupid" and hold this up as proof. Interesting, indeed. Several other posts on various threads have directly made this generalization against "liberals". Shall I post quotes?

Anyway, glad to see the discussions here are still mostly about Ayers, Palin, Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly, gun control, religion, the pledge of allegiance, etc. Are any of the right wingers here still wondering why the majority of voters moved away from your party this last election? Hmmmm, I wonder.

cotts135

Here is the quote.

"O'Reilly: So here's my question. I know I made a big deal out of it, I know you talked about it on your radio program, got a lot of calls on it, people were angry. But when I go out on the street and I say, "William Ayers, does that bother you?" Just as many Americans say, "No, I don't care." What is that mentality when they don't care about a guy like this? What does that tell you?

Beck: Cakes and circuses and too many dumb people. I mean, we should thin out the herd, you know what I mean?

Um -- I can't -- I can't get my arms around the country that can listen to that and say, 'Oh, well he's saying it's not violent.' And he's on GMA promoting a book about non-violent acts, and comparing what we're going through now with the Vietnam War. He is pushing a book that is not only promoting this 'non-violent act' [air quotes] of blowing things up if you disagree with the government, and on top of that, the man is a university professor, he is a teacher! He is organizing people and telling them what we should teach our kids!"

It seems to me he is talking about people who are either indifferent to Ayers, or believe he is saying what he did is non violent.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    Here is the quote.

"O'Reilly: So here's my question. I know I made a big deal out of it, I know you talked about it on your radio program, got a lot of calls on it, people were angry. But when I go out on the street and I say, "William Ayers, does that bother you?" Just as many Americans say, "No, I don't care." What is that mentality when they don't care about a guy like this? What does that tell you?

Beck: Cakes and circuses and too many dumb people. I mean, we should thin out the herd, you know what I mean?

Um -- I can't -- I can't get my arms around the country that can listen to that and say, 'Oh, well he's saying it's not violent.' And he's on GMA promoting a book about non-violent acts, and comparing what we're going through now with the Vietnam War. He is pushing a book that is not only promoting this 'non-violent act' [air quotes] of blowing things up if you disagree with the government, and on top of that, the man is a university professor, he is a teacher! He is organizing people and telling them what we should teach our kids!"

It seems to me he is talking about people who are either indifferent to Ayers, or believe he is saying what he did is non violent.

The entire segment was about non-violent protest and how much of a hypocrite Ayers is and how he was a violent protestor, actually a terrorist. It highlighted how many don’t care.

You trying to turn the table on the message instead of the messenger is laughable.

What is your position on Ayers? You know the guy that actually bombed sites in the United States and is unrepentant. You would rather twist Becks words to the nth degree to see a non-existing threat?

I think you are a little…ahhhh never mind.

Interesting, a conservative media person makes a statement that obviously suggests the majority of voters were "stupid" to vote for Obama and he is defended for what is "obviously a humorous jab". If Olberman had said something similar to what Beck said you all would have had a good back and forth "discussion" here for multiple pages about how "liberals" think conservatives are "stupid" and hold this up as proof.
    Pssssst....Beck is an entertainer. Olberman considers himself a journalist. Beck has a one hour TV gig as a pundit. Olberman is an MSNBC anchor. Beck is quirky in a Gracie Allen sorta way. Olberman is quirky in a John Wayne Gacy/Ted Bundy sorta way. Beck is funny. Olberman is a humorless douche who is detested by nearly everyone he comes in contact with; including his own co-workers. Just holler if you need more help with the distinctions between the two.

Anyway, glad to see the discussions here are still mostly about Ayers, Palin, Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly, gun control, religion, the pledge of allegiance, etc. Are any of the right wingers here still wondering why the majority of voters moved away from your party this last election? Hmmmm, I wonder.
    Interesting take. The GOP offers up the least Republican candidate ever(?), Republican voter turnout drops, and your prescription is that the GOP needs to move further to the left? Thanks for the advice, Dr. Kovorkian, but I think we'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Pssssst....Beck is an entertainer. Olberman considers himself a journalist. Beck has a one hour TV gig as a pundit. Olberman is an MSNBC anchor. Beck is quirky in a Gracie Allen sorta way. Olberman is quirky in a John Wayne Gacy/Ted Bundy sorta way. Beck is funny. Olberman is a humorless douche who is detested by nearly everyone he comes in contact with; including his own co-workers. Just holler if you need more help with the distinctions between the two.

Interesting take. The GOP offers up the least Republican candidate ever(?), Republican voter turnout drops, and your prescription is that the GOP needs to move further to the left? Thanks for the advice, Dr. Kovorkian, but I think we'll pass.
    Is anyone on the right NOT and entertainer? Limbaugh is an entertainer, Coulter is an entertainer, now Beck is an entertainer. I guess all you need to do in the political commentary business is claim to be an entertainer and you can say anything.

Olberman considers himself an anchor, but NBC took care of that for him. He is just as nauseating as his counterparts on the right, at least in my opinion.

You guys keep on pushing to the right. That approach will certainly pay handsome dividends down the road.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)