The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly etc

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Does that mean you don't believe EVERYBODY, and I mean EVERYBODY, under the provisions of the 2nd amendment, should have access to AR's and AK's for whatever personal use they deem neccesary?
    I have no issue with properly vetting someone who wants to own a firearm.

BTW - necessary is spelled with 1 c, 2 s's.

I'll try to make this really clear, since it has been pointed out to me recently that I may make my arguments somewhat obliquely.

Who gets to say what firearms I may or may not possess as an individual...and what weapons a country may or may not possess in their perceived national interest?
    You have 2 subjects - but I believe it to be in our national interest & the interest of those who are peaceful to track & encourage peaceful use of weapons grade uranium. & the proper safeguards against unlawful use practiced by those in possession of same.

Is the right to keep and bear arms strictly an American right? JD
    Were it a right in many country's for the populace to be allowed weapons there would be much less cruelty in the world today. IMO

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    Don't know exactly what you mean by "on board".

IMO, when the material was discovered is irrelevant.

Bush said we would find weapons of mass destruction. Per the FOX NEWS article, "yellowcake alone is not considered potent enough for a so-called dirty bomb". It is not a weapon and I think the president agrees or he would have been saying, "see! I told you so! I told you so!".

The people were told the threat was imminent. It was not and the president has acknowledged that, saying the intelligence he got was faulty. He then began to justify the war on other points.

He's not using WMDs to justify the war. Why are you guys still doing it?

JS
    Yeah...not so much. Here's what Bush said in his State of the Union right before the war:

Some have said we must not act until the threat is imminent. Since when have terrorists and tyrants announced their intentions, politely putting us on notice before they strike? If this threat is permitted to fully and suddenly emerge, all actions, all words, and all recriminations would come too late.
    Does Iraq now have WMDs or the capacity, ability, or desire to make them, buy them or sell them? No. Wasn't that the desired end game with respect to Iraq and WMDs?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I have no issue with properly vetting someone who wants to own a firearm.

BTW - necessary is spelled with 1 c, 2 s's.

You have 2 subjects - but I believe it to be in our national interest & the interest of those who are peaceful to track & encourage peaceful use of weapons grade uranium. & the proper safeguards against unlawful use practiced by those in possession of same.

Were it a right in many country's for the populace to be allowed weapons there would be much less cruelty in the world today. IMO
    Forgive my spelling Marvin. Forgive me also for forgetting that 'Marvin Knows Best'. For individuals and countries alike.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Forgive me also for forgetting that 'Marvin Knows Best'. For individuals and countries alike. JD
    You guys make me laugh . Can't admit you lost the war of posts so now have to make an attempt at being personal. Did you miss IMO (means in my opinion)? But it's nice to know you are out there unable to combat a little bit of logic with your teleprompter responses. Please, keep it coming!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

You guys make me laugh . Can't admit you lost the war of posts so now have to make an attempt at being personal. Did you miss IMO (means in my opinion)? But it's nice to know you are out there unable to combat a little bit of logic with your teleprompter responses. Please, keep it coming!!
    Oh Marvin, Bapu, worshipper of smilies and winner of War of posts...

Don't you know?... I was just pokin' at you a little.

Where's that high-brow, psuedo-intellectual sense of humor hiding? Behind a little bit of logic?

Where's my 'Lighten up Francis' smilie when I need it?

JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 11-24-2008 at 09:27 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Did you by chance watch "60 Minutes" this evening? I'll let you draw your own conclusion, I have already drawn mine about allowing really bad people to have access to anything potentially dangerous.

Marv:

1. Define who the "really bad people" are and how you reached that decision.

2. Identify who decides another nation-state is "really bad" and how and why they get to decide another nation-state is "really bad."

3. If Venezuela starts building nuclear power plants with the help of Russia, are the "really bad people" gaining access to "anything potentially dangerous?" If so, how would you stop that specific nation-state from building a nuclear power plant?

It's Always Easier On Paper Regards,

Joe S.
    Last edited by Joe S.; 11-26-2008 at 06:53 AM.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
    Marv:

1. Define who the "really bad people" are and how you reached that decision.

2. Identify who decides another nation-state is "really bad" and how and why they get to decide another nation-state is "really bad."

3. If Venezuela starts building nuclear power plants with the help of Russia, are the "really bad people" gaining access to "anything potentially dangerous?" If so, how would you stop that specific nation-state from building a nuclear power plant?

It's Always Easier On Paper Regards,

Joe S.

1) If they are backed by radical muslims they are prolly bad.

2) Korea and Iran...they nations that have the most to lose or suffer damage.

3) Yep