The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly etc

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    You asked, I gave you the info, and it is apparently unimportant to you.

Issue dismissed!

No longer relevent...
    Seriously, I'm not sure what you're getting at.

I asked if President Bush had ever declared that we did in fact find WMDs in Iraq. Serious question ... I may have missed it.

You replied with a link to a Fox News story. I have read it twice and see no mention of such a declaration by the president.

What info did you give me that "is apparently unimportant"?

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

I posted about WMD

You asked a question about it

I posted a link

You highlighted that it had been discussed before.

I asked if you had dismissed the issue and identified that chemical weapons had been found.

You appear to want to kick the dead dog.

I'm out.....
    Last edited by subroc; 11-23-2008 at 08:49 PM.

The stockpiles of yellow cake were fully known and under active supervision by UN teams. They were never part of the justification for the invasion and would never have warranted an invasion. It is quite apparent that the administration wanted a war for its own political purposes and viewed every event leading up to the war only in terms of its value in convincing the American public to go along. You now what they say, you can put lipstick on a pig but....

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    ...It is quite apparent that the administration wanted a war for its own political purposes and viewed every event leading up to the war only in terms of its value in convincing the American public to go along...
    Keep believing that.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Keep believing that.
    I will, thank you.

Last edited by subroc; 11-23-2008 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    The stockpiles of yellow cake were fully known and under active supervision by UN teams. They were never part of the justification for the invasion and would never have warranted an invasion. It is quite apparent that the administration wanted a war for its own political purposes and viewed every event leading up to the war only in terms of its value in convincing the American public to go along. You now what they say, you can put lipstick on a pig but....
    Did you by chance watch "60 Minutes" this evening? I'll let you draw your own conclusion, I have already drawn mine about allowing really bad people to have access to anything potentially dangerous.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I'll let you draw your own conclusion, I have already drawn mine about allowing really bad people to have access to anything potentially dangerous.
    Gee Marvin, since this thread has already wandered.

Does that mean you don't believe EVERYBODY, and I mean EVERYBODY, under the provisions of the 2nd amendment, should have access to AR's and AK's for whatever personal use they deem neccesary?

Or... is it just us, who believe we know what we're doing, who's need is more neccesary, that should be allowed to possess such weapons?

I'll try to make this really clear, since it has been pointed out to me recently that I may make my arguments somewhat obliquely.

Who gets to say what firearms I may or may not possess as an individual...and what weapons a country may or may not possess in their perceived national interest?

Can we really have it both ways?

Is the right to keep and bear arms strictly an American right?

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

Dang you Booty. I sure hope you're not getting that information from Limbaugh, Hannity, or O'Reilly! You've gone and made me post this article that I read in the Economist, against my better judgement. I declined starting a thread about it earlier today - I thought it would be too controversial in a place like RTF, but the persistent knocking of Obama supporter's mental capacity requires a correcting of the record. Here is a quote from the article:

ENJOY!
    I don't need a poll to justify my instincts. If all the voters were required to pass a Civics test before they voted, McCain would have won. Yes, Obama received votes from many with formal eductions. However, formal eductions doesn't mean a passing grade in common sense nor does a formal eduction mean one can see through all the media hype.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Booty View Post
    I don't need a poll to justify my instincts. If all the voters were required to pass a Civics test before they voted, McCain would have won. Yes, Obama received votes from many with formal eductions. However, formal eductions doesn't mean a passing grade in common sense nor does a formal eduction mean one can see through all the media hype.
    If that test were to include spelling and grammar ... (proper use of the English language we all hold so dear) ... I would guess the majority on this board would not have been allowed to vote and Obama's margin would have been even larger.

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON