The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly etc

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    OK, so by this definition, who among today's politicians fits this definition and where does McCain stray the farthest?
    McCain is history - he's spending too much time trying to be liked rather than providing leadership. His wife would probably be better than him.

None of the crop that ran this time are overwhelming - Guiliani is OK, My problem with both Pawlenty & Romney is their ability to win the governorship in really liberal states, What do they stand for? Palin had her moment in the sun & should stick to speaking engagements, maybe Senator &/or a cabinet position in a R administration. I do like her willingness to challenge the GOB's but believe her social positions (which I respect her for, but disagree) to be unelectable. The Gov of LA, Bobby Jindal is probably the best person on the horizon, also Haley Barbour & as many say, JC Watts.

What are your thoughts on the classes of conservatives/republicans presented here. Is he way off in his assessment?
    Who knows, I know after running a campaign for the WA State Legislature & doorbelling the district, I told my wife never again, I could not in all truth tell 2/3rd's of those people I was the person for them. They get what they deserve, the unfortunate thing is those who don't deserve it also get it.

I'm no pundit, don't desire to be in that group, all I know is that the government is intruding too much in our life & it should not be that way. The best government is that which is not visible but effective.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Booty View Post
    Like I've said earlier in this thread, Limbaugh, Hannity and others have tried to redefine Conservative. In doing so, they have helped us lose the White House, the Senate and Congress.

I for one do not consider either one of them to be true Conservatives! For that matter neither is McCain.
    How did those 2 lose the White House for the GOP, neither even supported McCain prior to the Palin nomination. He wasn't there guy so it is pretty dis-ingenuous to lay the blame at their feet for that loss. If anything they kept it from being a true landslide.

What opinions do you feel that Rush expresses that are NOT conservative? I'm not a Hannity fan either, I prefer Beck to Rush as well but listen to both. But if you are going to say they are not truely conservative requires at least a modicum of proof or examples where they have not been so. Tell us where they are wrong policy wise?

Skywatcher Salem Orchard Hard "Cider"

Could it be possible that the majority of Americans simply do not agree with GOP goals and priorities?

Could it possibly be that the majority of Americans are actually as well informed as people who post on this board, and yet see things differently?

I don’t like to use the simple pigeonhole terms, “liberal” or “conservative”. No one person or no one issue is that black and white. But, I think I circulate in a pretty eclectic environment. I associate with people with a broad cross section of views. I listen to news and commentary from a wide variety of sources. I have a broad, diverse background and my political persuasion has changed over time from what I once believed.

I have good friends with whom I disagree on many things. I can’t bring to mind ANYONE with whom I agree on everything. I believe we all agree on more things than we disagree.

From where I sit ..... speaking in general now ..... the views I read expressed BY MOST here do not line up anywhere close to center. Opinions expressed here are, to “conservative”, what Moveon.org is to “liberal”. Michael Moore does not represent the Democratic party no matter how much you wish it were so. He is an extremist. I think a good share of the “conservative” posters here are his counterpart.

That is fine. Everyone has a right to their opinion, That’s what makes America great. But, while you’re wringing your hands over why the GOP lost, and wondering how the rest of the country got duped, you might step outside your cubicle and look around. Maybe you’re an extremist and don’t realize it.

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    Could it be possible that the majority of Americans simply do not agree with GOP goals and priorities?
    What are these GOP goals & priorities, I would like to know?

I associate with people with a broad cross section of views. I listen to news and commentary from a wide variety of sources. I have a broad, diverse background and my political persuasion has changed over time from what I once believed
    News & commentary have been discredited as an unbiased source. You might try reading some of the more moderate political animals such as Michael Barone, Thomas Sowell, etc., reaching your own conclusion & then making a more informed statement.

We all have life experiences which teach us how to look for nuggets of useful information, so that's not unique. How we use the nuggets is what makes each of us unique.

From where I sit ..... speaking in general now ..... the views I read expressed BY MOST here do not line up anywhere close to center. Opinions expressed here are, to “conservative”, what Moveon.org is to “liberal”. Michael Moore does not represent the Democratic party no matter how much you wish it were so. He is an extremist. I think a good share of the “conservative” posters here are his counterpart.
    You failed to use to show you were joking. But if you actually believe what you have posted your point of reference is seriously askew. Those as you call them conservative posters are in general those who actually work & have seen life's lessons in the school of hard knocks.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post

You failed to use to show you were joking. But if you actually believe what you have posted your point of reference is seriously askew. Those as you call them conservative posters are in general those who actually work & have seen life's lessons in the school of hard knocks.

Marvin, I'm not joking in the least and my point of reference is probably just as "fair and balanced" as yours.

Furthermore, I could probably tell you all you want to know and more, about the school of hard knocks. But, after reading your posts over the last few years, I'm fairly certain you would tell me I'm not very well informed about my past, either.

Maybe in your next life, someone will appoint you to some position of authority where you can impose your will on the rest of us. Until then, you'll just have to live with the choice of the majority.

Seriously askew indeed,

JKS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Ok, could someone please clarify what "conservative" means for purposes of this discussion?
    Henry, the broad stroke of any conservative, to me, is adherence to supply side economics facilitated by a fiscal policy that incentivizes a desired public policy. I think this is key to all who claim to be conservative. They should believe that individuals can create opportunity better than the government.
    GY

The word "Politics," is derived from "Poly," meaning Many and from "Ticks," meaning Blood Sucking Parasites-Kinky Freidman.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    How did those 2 lose the White House for the GOP, neither even supported McCain prior to the Palin nomination. He wasn't there guy so it is pretty dis-ingenuous to lay the blame at their feet for that loss. If anything they kept it from being a true landslide.

What opinions do you feel that Rush expresses that are NOT conservative? I'm not a Hannity fan either, I prefer Beck to Rush as well but listen to both. But if you are going to say they are not truely conservative requires at least a modicum of proof or examples where they have not been so. Tell us where they are wrong policy wise?
    I said the two HELPED lose the White House. In the early primary outings they bashed McCain, and then jumped on board after he received the nomination. Like I said before, they have redefined what real Conservatism is and it is not for the betterment of the party but, to fit their narrow views. And, it is those narrow views that alienate those undecided who may have vote Republican. However, maybe I am giving them too much credit since their audience is white males over the age of 55 with just a sprinkling of women and under 55’s.

What opinions do I feel that Rush expressed that is not Conservative?

Their support of staying in Iraq after we did NOT find any WMD’s. Experimental nation building is not a Conservative principle.

Their entire social issues from Gay Marriage to Abortion. Those topics as well a religion are something Big Brother or Big Government deal in, not a Conservative government.

And, I’m tired of hearing about what a great Conservative President Ronald Reagan was. Yes, he was our most effective President over the last 35 years but, a Conservative he wasn’t. No Conservative President would have traded military arms for hostages nor granted amnesty for over 10 million illegals. Which in turn has led to another 20 million plus illegals.

We need less government, not more and the mess we have now is from too much gooberment interference!
    Last edited by Franco; 11-21-2008 at 03:46 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post

JS
    Could it be possible that the majority of Americans' intelligence level has now fallen to the point that they don't know any better?
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    How did those 2 lose the White House for the GOP, neither even supported McCain prior to the Palin nomination.
    Hummm...perhaps by NOT supporting McCain prior to the Palin nomination.

Just Sayin' Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Booty View Post
    Could it be possible that the majority of Americans' intelligence level has now fallen to the point that they don't know any better?
    Sooo, Bootay, are you saying that anyone who did not vote for John McCain is stupid? And do you think they became stupid overnight.....maybe some kind of a virus or something, eh?...

One could make make the counter argument as well.....