The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So Long

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    I agree completely. Bush was hailed by both parties in Texas as a governor who was bi-partisan and worked with everyone. The notion that he arrived in DC with no intention to work with the Dems is absurd and short on facts. Hell, he let Teddy Kennedy write the education bill for cripes sake.

The only thing I'd add Kevin is that a big part of the reason he didn't get down in the swill of politics was the war and his desire to be a President to all Americans in a time of conflict and not act as a political hack while US servicemen and women were dying.
    Man I am glad there are others in this world that don't think Bush is just an ignorant evil hack.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Thatta boy.
    Hey... It's the least I could do for you. How well I know, as do you, that attempts at humor may be misconstrued. In the future I will endeavor to cite and cross-reference any post I make. As, I am sure, will any responsible RTF poster.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by AmiableLabs View Post
    That is true too.

Karl Rove defended Dubya tonight when O'Reilly brought up this same thing. Rove basically said Dubya acted in such a way he could live with himself and "look at himself in the mirror."

But there is more than staying true to yourself, there is staying true to the truth and what is right. What he practiced for eight years with "the new tone" was a form of pacifism. And look what it wrought.
    Pacifism? Pacifism, you say?

Explain that to the 4,200 families of dead American service members and the 35K + wounded. That is a result of pacifism?

Unbelievable Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post

Explain that to the 4,200 families of dead American service members and the 35K + wounded. That is a result of pacifism?

Unbelievable Regards,

Joe S.
    Joe, you need to get a new tune man. You know the history of Iraq, you know why we went in and you know why we are(and need to ) still be there. TO pretend that it was anything more than it was/is is playing politics.
    You also know good and well that is not what Amiable was talking about when he said pacifism but please let your hatred for Bush continue to blind you to any common sense on the subject.

Unbelievable Regards,

Joe S.
    Somebody hasn't had their coffee yet this morning.

Amiable Labs can speak for himself, but it seems pretty clear to me that a) you're taking what he wrote way out of context, and b) that you're implying a callousness by him to the death/injury of US servicemen when there's none there (doesn't he have a son in the USMC right now?).

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    Joe, you need to get a new tune man. You know the history of Iraq, you know why we went in and you know why we are(and need to ) still be there. TO pretend that it was anything more than it was/is is playing politics.
    You also know good and well that is not what Amiable was talking about when he said pacifism but please let your hatred for Bush continue to blind you to any common sense on the subject.
    You mean I know why we went in or why we were told we went in?

We are there because, like Secretary Powell said, we broke it, we bought it.

Actually, it is difficult to understand what Kevin is talking about. Please explain to mean what Kevin was getting at with his "pacifism" comment.

I don't hate the man, just many of his policies.

Good Morning, John -

No, I haven't had my coffee yet. Does it show that much? (Note To Self: Coffee first...)

Please, explain the context for me.

No, President Bush does not have a son in the USMC. Kevin's son did one tour in Intel up at 8th and I in D.C. and went back to school to become, I think, a teacher.

NOT Blinded By The Right Regards,

Joe S.
    Last edited by Joe S.; 11-06-2008 at 08:19 AM.

You mean I know why we went in or why we were told we went in?

Joe S.
    I mean that you can't just lay it square on the shoulders of Bush with any validity in the argument.
    On October 10, the House of Representatives voted 296-133 to authorize President Bush to use force against Iraq. Later that evening, the Senate joined the House in supporting the measure by a vote of 77-23.

No, President Bush does not have a son in the USMC. Kevin's son did one tour in Intel up at 8th and I in D.C. and went back to school to become, I think, a teacher.

NOT Blinded By The Right Regards,

Joe S.
    8th and I is no more than a large house and parade grounds with barracks for the Silent Drill team and Presidential Guard. There are no Intel analysts or otherwise there.

You're facts are always pretty cloudy so I'm not surprised.

3.5 years at Henderson Hall in USMC Intel Regards,

Dan C.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    8th and I is no more than a large house and parade grounds with barracks for the Silent Drill team and Presidential Guard. There are no Intel analysts or otherwise there.

You're facts are always pretty cloudy so I'm not surprised.

3.5 years at Henderson Hall in USMC Intel Regards,

Dan C.
    Of course, this was before you joined our board, Danny, but I seem to recall a post by Kevin saying his son was going to be stationed at 8th and I doing Intel for the USMC, but I could be mistaken. The nut of it is Kevin's son was in the USMC doing intel work in the D.C. area, that much is correct. Perhaps things have changed since you were in the Corps.

You were in intel, huh? Interesting.

I went to 8th & I for The Grand Tattoo once. Very, very impressive.

Kind Regards,

Joe S.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiableLabs View Post
    But there is more than staying true to yourself, there is staying true to the truth and what is right. What he practiced for eight years with "the new tone" was a form of pacifism. And look what it wrought.

Unbelievable Regards, Joe S.
    I will say this Joe, the election has brought out the side of you not apparent earlier. To twist Kevin's intent into what you say is disingenuous. It is also insulting to those who knew what they were volunteering for to suggest that their sacrifice was for nought & unappreciated by those of your ilk. Apparently you are neither as kind or as knowledgeable as you attempt to portray. Or is your interest in aiding & abetting the enemy?

TBS - President Bush has frustrated those of us who have supported him throughout his years in office by his unwillingness to engage his critics at home. We all recognize that weakness in his strategy & I believe it has led to his inability to get quality individuals into top posts willing to step up for the needs of our nation.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!