The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So Long

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
    Actually, it is difficult to understand what Kevin is talking about. Please explain to mean what Kevin was getting at with his "pacifism" comment.
    Difficult to understand? Everyone else got it. Follow the thread -- When I was talking about "pacifism" I was clearly addressing Bush's unwillingness to engage his critics here at home.

Kevin's son did one tour in Intel up at 8th and I in D.C. and went back to school to become, I think, a teacher.
    Actually, he started at USMC HQ, which is a part of the Pentagon (adjacent to it) and completely separate from "8th and I."

He was then transferred to US CENTCOM in Pensacola, FL. While stationed there he did a six-month tour in the Middle East -- Qatar, Bahrain, and a handful of other countries. He did do classified work dealing with both Iraq and Afghanistan, but nothing in the line of fire.

He now works as a civilian contractor in Intelligence at Bolling AFB in D.C., while attending the University of Maryland at night. He intends to go into the FBI upon graduation.
    Last edited by AmiableLabs; 11-06-2008 at 02:30 PM.
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    We all recognize that weakness in his strategy & I believe it has led to his inability to get quality individuals into top posts willing to step up for the needs of our nation.
    EXCELLENT point! So true. If you are not going to defend yourself or your policies, who the heck would want to work for you?! Especially witnessing the bruising you are taking in the process?!

Great point.
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

Quote Originally Posted by AmiableLabs View Post
    Difficult to understand? Everyone else got it. Follow the thread -- When I was talking about "pacifism" I was clearly addressing Bush's unwillingness to engage his critics here at home.
    After further review, I was wrong. It is now clear to me that is what you were getting at and I missed it. Sorry.

Actually, he started at USMC HQ, which is a part of the Pentagon (adjacent to it) and completely separate from "8th and I."

He was then transferred to US CENTCOM in Pensacola, FL. While stationed there he did a six-month tour in the Middle East -- Qatar, Bahrain, and a handful of other countries. He did do classified work dealing with both Iraq and Afghanistan, but nothing in the line of fire.

He now works as a civilian contractor in Intelligence at Bolling AFB in D.C., while attending the University of Maryland at night. He intends to go into the FBI upon graduation.
    Thanks for clearing it up.

Humbled Regards,

Joe S
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin