The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 59

Thread: Interesting ..the Islamic way of war.

  1. #41
    Senior Member Joe S.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K.Bullock View Post
    it would seem to be clear, that is because you were raised with the doctrine. Developed by the First Council of Nicea in 325 in response to another teaching that taught that Jesus was created by God not God himself. Trinity is the doctrine that declares Jesus God not created by God.

    BTW: the council was all Catholic big c not little c. (giggle)
    The concept of the trinity is that Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are one in three forms. The passage from John supports that. The Gospel of John is the Word of God. So, you believe the bible is the word of God or you do not, which is it?

    In For A Penny In For A Pound Regards,

    Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

  2. #42
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
    The concept of the trinity is that Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are one in three forms. The passage from John supports that. The Gospel of John is the Word of God. So, you believe the bible is the word of God or you do not, which is it?

    In For A Penny In For A Pound Regards,

    Joe S.
    And that's why I bail when the conversation moves to the "correctness" of any particular belief. The essence of faith is belief without reason. Far be it from me to question anyone else's faith given that mine rests on the same unreasoned foundation. The fact that our faiths differ is reason enough, in my mind, to preserve the secular independence of our government.

  3. #43
    Senior Member Joe S.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Posts
    941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    And that's why I bail when the conversation moves to the "correctness" of any particular belief. The essence of faith is belief without reason. Far be it from me to question anyone else's faith given that mine rests on the same unreasoned foundation. The fact that our faiths differ is reason enough, in my mind, to preserve the secular independence of our government.
    Absolutely.

    My concern is when folks say "Well, the Bible says..." and it is a literal interpretation that works for the issue at hand. Then when a question is asked about another subject and a literal interpretation proves inconvienent, the response is more often than not "Well, what that passage really means is..."

    Believe what you want to belive and be happy with it. I will believe what I want to belive and be happy with it. Don't let yours pass laws that are based on YOUR religious view when yours are in power and I won't let mine pass laws based on our religion when we are in power. It's that old "Do unto others thing" I read about some place...

    Interesting Discussion Regards,

    Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

  4. #44
    Senior Member K G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    southeast us
    Posts
    5,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    And that's why I bail when the conversation moves to the "correctness" of any particular belief. The essence of faith is belief without reason. Far be it from me to question anyone else's faith given that mine rests on the same unreasoned foundation. The fact that our faiths differ is reason enough, in my mind, to preserve the secular independence of our government.
    The essence of faith is belief without PROOF.

    http://rationalchristianity.org/?p=23

    BIG difference regards,

    kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

  5. #45
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    The essence of faith is belief without PROOF.

    http://rationalchristianity.org/?p=23

    BIG difference regards,

    kg
    Keith,

    I accept the correction although I suspect we are saying the same thing.

  6. #46
    Senior Member K.Bullock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Coshocton, OH
    Posts
    545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
    The concept of the trinity is that Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are one in three forms. The passage from John supports that. The Gospel of John is the Word of God. So, you believe the bible is the word of God or you do not, which is it?

    In For A Penny In For A Pound Regards,

    Joe S.
    I guess I am missing your point. Trinity isn't a concept it is a doctrine.

    So, you believe the bible is the word of God or you do not, which is it?


    Why? Just because you say so?

    I am waiting for you to surprise me Joe ..don't let me down man.
    Last edited by K.Bullock; 11-08-2008 at 09:30 PM.
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

  7. #47
    Senior Member K.Bullock's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Coshocton, OH
    Posts
    545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
    The concept of the trinity is that Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are one in three forms. The passage from John supports that. The Gospel of John is the Word of God. So, you believe the bible is the word of God or you do not, which is it?

    In For A Penny In For A Pound Regards,

    Joe S.
    Holy cow Joe ..read the Nicene creed then come back. sheesh. I just got what you were saying.
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

  8. #48

    Angry

    Well hell.
    I don't see the big deal. They have been broadcasting their call to, 5X day, for 3 - 4 years now, I worked in and around Dearborn before moving to Texas 2.5 years ago.

    First time I heard it WAS MAD!!!

    but you know what they say freedom of religion, for everyone EXCEPT the Citizens!

    http://jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch/archives/001658.php

    Check out the Date Lower Right hand corner
    Treat the earth well,
    It was not given to you by your parents,
    It was loaned to you by your children.

    Indian Proverb

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,788

    Default

    Hummm...while the word may be absent, the concept seems to be clear:

    For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one." (1 John 5:7)

    No Surprises Regards,


    When my wife and I got married we became one flesh so it says.,,,,really I see 2

    The book is a literal book, a figureative book,,, a book of customs and mannors,,,, a book with hundred of figures of speech we no longer use, a book filled with hebrew idiums

    And some people think they can quote a verse and let it mean what they want.

    IIPeter 1 :20 No proficy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.


    Maby people should put the same effort in studying it ,,,as they put into reading blogs and zooming cyberspace.
    Pete

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,788

    Default

    So I guess you libs are all 4 the KKK being able to march in parades ,preach and send their beliefs over a loud speaker. And you would run in their defense if someone complained about it.

    Yea I know I see the liberal media doing that all the time.

    Its pretty ovious to tell when someone wants to quietly practice what they believe and obvious when people want to cause friction and divide.

    Pete

Similar Threads

  1. The War on Faux
    By Buzz in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-30-2009, 11:19 PM
  2. Tug of War
    By CBeaty in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-25-2009, 02:52 PM
  3. War on Terror over
    By Steve Amrein in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 03:26 PM
  4. The new Obama war...
    By Keith Farmer in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 01:33 PM
  5. Gas War....what do you think?
    By ramblinmaxx in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 03-15-2008, 07:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •