The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

View Poll Results: Would you take the president elect duck hunting?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

47 47.00%
  • No

53 53.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Would you take the president elect duck hunting?

I would like to talk to him first. I would make ity understood what we do and how it works. I would not allow it to be a publicity stunt. I dont believe that dogs really lie and that he would be invited back if he truely was trying to train. Those guys in the black coats and dark glasses look like they could really throw a duck. They might get hot all day. Sadley I dont think that guy has it in him or ever will nor does he get it. Besides the training grounds at his house are pretty boring
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

This reminds me of an incident when Clinton was in office. My brother in law was in upper management of Arkla Gas (now Reliant) and had worked directly for McLarty who was tapped to be Clinton's Chief of Staff. Rick was "invited" by McLarty to join the President for a dinner.

Rick's response: No thanks, I have plans.

His plans were riding bikes with his sister and brother and their spouses. It was a 100 mile and 100K race in Shreveport La. Rick did not dine with Clinton. We completed the race as planned.

fp
    www.BayouMagicRetrievers.com
    FC AFC Wing Magic's Louisiana Roux MH "Roux"
    Bayou Magic's Rouxster Bleu QAA "Bleu"
    Bayou Magic's Dave Robicheaux QAA "Burke"
    Bayou Magic's Cletus Purcell (Knucklehead Puppy)

"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." -- George Herman Ruth

somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia

Quote Originally Posted by Juli H View Post
    Nope - but I would take Gov. Palin! Girls day out!

Juli

Former gov Palin
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

The only way I could take him hunting is he would have to be blind folded. I wouldn't want him to spread the wealth and let everyone know were my honey hole is. I wouldn't mind his secret service guys taking care of the hole next to mine. The way the Feds and State wardens came into our hole the last couple of years, I thought is was the secret service. I wouldn't mind someone bringing my gear in for me and getting up to cook breakfast every morning. He also couldn't tell everyone about the Ivory Bill Wood Peckers that stay close to our hole.

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Former gov Palin
    well, not quite...I suppose when duck season rolls around she will be....unless I take her with me on a subsistence duck hunt...but I would be the only one that could shoot...LOL...

Juli
    God answers prayers all the time. Even the ones we don't know we asked. God is Good (always)

"There are only two ways to live your life.
    One is as though nothing is a miracle.
    The other is as though everything is a miracle."

- Albert Einstein

I would in a heart beat. To the first question.

Like others have said previously why wouldn't you want someone who knows little about the sport to learn about it and know what it truly is about. I know plenty of adults who have never shot a gun or handled one, that have been taken to a shooting range and love it or have a whole new respect for the game.

The only thing is I don't have a honey hole, I have to stay on Public access.

I would also say yes to the bump up. Like I said before why not show someone the ropes of something they'd inquired about.

This is where you could also have conversations with him, expressing your concerns and your beliefs. You could help him understand the hunt retriever game and he might be able to give you insight why he makes the decisions he makes. Now all of this more than likely wouldn't happen during the hunt or training but, afterwards during some down time.

Absolutely & unequivocally yes. I'd do it without it being about a bill for that matter. It's all about learning a new perspective on things. Even though I might disagree completely on a lot of his political views, I am certainly not naive that I can't enjoy the trip. When you've met as many people as I have, you realize everybody has a story to tell and you can learn from them. What better place to hear it than your favorite duck hole, over breakfast, and between big groups of ducks.

I would defer to Cheney as the guide.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

Only if I could shoot his limit...no, not even then