The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Seems McCain was none too pleased with Palin. Off Topic

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Fox is to conservatives what MSNBC is to liberals
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Johnson View Post
    If you do a little objective research you will note that even FOX News leans a little to the left.
    Buzz - The only thing objective is the market (CNBC &/orBloomberg), numbers don't lie. You will note Paul's answer in case you missed same.

But if you believe Fox is conservative, you are really out there in LaLa land.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Buzz - The only thing objective is the market (CNBC &/orBloomberg), numbers don't lie. You will note Paul's answer in case you missed same.

But if you believe Fox is conservative, you are really out there in LaLa land.
    I forgot to mention CNBC. That's what I put on the TV in my office.

I maybe shouldn't have said that FOX is conservative. I meant to say that FOX is Republican. I do not believe that Republicans are necessarily conservative. Democrats tax and spend, and Republicans borrow and spend. A conservative would probably do neither.

Anyone who would say that FOX isn't Republican is out there in LaLa land. It wouldn't be a question outside the demographic that frequents field dog training type websites.

Finally, I don't know about numbers not lying. I have seen plenty of engineers calculate their way down the road to perdition. Some of the best decisions I've made were when I concluded that I didn't have faith in the numbers I was seeing.
    Last edited by Buzz; 11-06-2008 at 10:23 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha........
    Maybe you missed the Pugh research poll that showed where the bias really was and it wasn't with Fox. Facts are stubborn things
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

Juli, I hear you are pretty critical of a certain ap reporter also that at one time was a friend of yours. Bud

told she could buy three suits by the McCain campaign, instead purchased clothes for herself, her husband, and kids totaling over $150,000
    That right there should tell you something isn't right. I can just see if she appeared in the same three suits what people would say. Tens of millions were spent by both campaigns in just jet fuel and ads and this is what people are going to dwell on? The whole spending process is pathetic.
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

Quote Originally Posted by saltmarsh View Post
    Maybe you missed the Pugh research poll that showed where the bias really was and it wasn't with Fox. Facts are stubborn things
    In case you did miss it Buzz, here it is. It was really tough to find so I don't blame you for being uninformed.

http://pewresearch.org/pubs/1011/color-of-news-coverage

20 Seconds on Google Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Losthwy View Post
    Do a Google on "Wasilla Hillbillies".
    Is that how you found out that your original claim (before you edited it half a day later) that it was McCain who said "Wasilla Hillbillies" was wrong? You should probably vet your Air America sources with a little googlin' of your own before rushing breathlessly to the keyboard to repeat them.

And not even a little mea culpa for the original disinformation? Just a quick edit and you're back on your way, eh?

Finally, I don't know about numbers not lying. I have seen plenty of engineers calculate their way down the road to perdition. Some of the best decisions I've made were when I concluded that I didn't have faith in the numbers I was seeing.
    Numbers derived from faulty assumptions are just that, faulty. But we aren't talking about rocket science when we deal with a budget - the last time I checked 2 + 2 still equalled 4. But when people start saying things are different is when the faulty predictions start. The problems all begin when people buy into something they do not understand.

When you don't have faith in the numbers that means your experience is kicking in. I do that a lot but I'm not working anymore just do the simple things: Add, Subtract, Multiply & Divide. So don't need to worry about load paths, fitup & accumulation of tolerances. Even those I was able to explain to the mechanics in terms they could understand.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

This an interesting read. Those who primarily watch Fox News are significantly more likely to have misperceptions, while those who primarily listen to NPR or watch PBS are significantly less likely.
    http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pi...d=&id=&pnt=102
    Last edited by Losthwy; 11-07-2008 at 11:03 AM.
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

Very Interesting.

Also is related to "confirmation bias"
    It sure does. A very liberal .org supported financially by a who's who of liberal special interest groups and foundations (including the infamous Tides Foundation) comes out with a study surprisingly () showing that Fox is biased and the people who watch it are ignorant, and you boys gobble it up as if it's the gospel. Confirmation bias indeed.