The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: So much for governing from the center

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Johnson View Post
    I hope the "right" use their filibuster to protect my second amendment rights and to force the "left" to nominate and approve moderate (rather then liberal) Supreme Court Justices.
    I guess then the Dems could borrow all the old Republican speeches while threatening to revive the "nuclear option" to force an up or down vote. Personally, I think that the Dems should pursue judicial appointments with the same single minded zeal shown by conservatives over the last eight years. They will not be able to balance out what GWB has done, but they need to make an effort.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Looks like Rep Emanuel was a director at Fannie Mae during scandal.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=6201900&page=1
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by AmiableLabs View Post
    He wrote an article about global warming causing Hurricane Katrina.... Neither have any basis in fact.
    Many scientists hold the belief the warmer climate/warmer ocean waters have a direct impact on the number and severity of hurricanes.
    Last edited by Losthwy; 11-07-2008 at 06:32 PM.
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

Quote Originally Posted by Losthwy View Post
    Many scientists hold the belief the warmer climate/warmer ocean waters have a direct impact on the number and severity of hurricanes.
    There was a discussion on this subject some time back. It seems that those who profess the theory of "global warming" are directly dependent on that pimping for their livelihood.

I have read nothing or know of no credible individuals who subscribe to the theory of "global warming" as fact. But why is it that you don't hold the head pimps to the same standard they want the rest of us to live to? Oh, they buy ficticious "carbon credits".

It's a normal climate cycle.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Losthwy View Post
    How many of those scientists say as RFK, Jr. that global warming did cause Katrina in fact and not theory?

None? Thought so.
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    Gonzalles was an improvement on Ashcroft
    Not according to the people who worked at the Department of Justice.

AG Gonzales was shown to be pretty much a clueless political hack who did for the DOJ exactly what Brown did for FEMA. He was largely seen as incapable of managing urine out of a cowboy boot with the instructions written in plain english on the heel.

His legal mind was considered sub-par with the sole reason for his "success" being traced back to his loyalty to the President.

Despite general thoughts, I think that AG Ashcroft, in the end, had the courage to stand up for the American people and that is what lead to his departure.

Just A Couple Of Thoughts Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by AmiableLabs View Post
    How many of those scientists say as RFK, Jr. that global warming did cause Katrina in fact and not theory?

None? Thought so.
    Sure would like to read that article if you have a link. I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks In Advance Regards,

Joe S.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
    Not according to the people who worked at the Department of Justice.

AG Gonzales was shown to be pretty much a clueless political hack who did for the DOJ exactly what Brown did for FEMA. He was largely seen as incapable of managing urine out of a cowboy boot with the instructions written in plain english on the heel.

His legal mind was considered sub-par with the sole reason for his "success" being traced back to his loyalty to the President.

Despite general thoughts, I think that AG Ashcroft, in the end, had the courage to stand up for the American people and that is what lead to his departure.

Just A Couple Of Thoughts Regards,

Joe S.

Wow, if a conservative said something like that about a minority in a Dem administration he'd probably get called a racist. Good thing Clinton hardly had any so we didn't have to worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    Wow, if a conservative said something like that about a minority in a Dem administration he'd probably get called a racist. Good thing Clinton hardly had any so we didn't have to worry about it.
    You are suggesting that President Clinton hardly had any minorities in his administration? Is that correct?

I think you have a man-crush on me, Danny. I can send you a signed 8x10 glossy if you would like.

Take A Deep Breath Regards,

Joe S.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
    You are suggesting that President Clinton hardly had any minorities in his administration? Is that correct?

I think you have a man-crush on me, Danny. I can send you a signed 8x10 glossy if you would like.

Take A Deep Breath Regards,

Joe S.

Wow, Racism and Homophobia all on one page of posts.

Ain't Liberal Tolerance Grand Regards.