The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: So much for governing from the center

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
    Sure would like to read that article if you have a link. I haven't been able to find it.
    You really expect me to believe you looked? Bull. His Wikipedia entry links to it! CLICK here. Google "Kennedy 'global warming' katrina" and hundreds of articles come up that link to it. CLICK here. You looked for it without looking in Wikipedia or Google? Yeah right.

There are also YouTube videos where he says it on camera as well.
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

Quote Originally Posted by AmiableLabs View Post
    You really expect me to believe you looked? Bull. His Wikipedia entry links to it! CLICK here. Google "Kennedy 'global warming' katrina" and hundreds of articles come up that link to it. CLICK here. You looked for it without looking in Wikipedia or Google? Yeah right.

There are also YouTube videos where he says it on camera as well.
    Thanks for the help.

If I understand you correctly, you are saying RFK said Katrina was caused by global warming. I didn't read that. I read this:

"Well, the science is clear. This month, a study published in the journal Nature by a renowned MIT climatologist linked the increasing prevalence of destructive hurricanes to human-induced global warming."

And I read this:

"Now we are all learning what itís like to reap the whirlwind of fossil fuel dependence which Barbour and his cronies have encouraged. Our destructive addiction has given us a catastrophic war in the Middle East and--now--Katrina is giving our nation a glimpse of the climate chaos we are bequeathing our children."

Where does he say Katrina was caused by global warming? Or did I miss something else?

Thanks In Advance Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by Losthwy View Post
    Many scientists hold the belief the warmer climate/warmer ocean waters have a direct impact on the number and severity of hurricanes.
    Judging by the number and severity of hurricanes over the last two years (relative to the last two decades), does that mean we are experiencing global cooling?

Or is it just possible that many variables influence hurricane frequency and severity and some just like to point out one factor (global temperature) that could be involved and use it as a scare tactic to advance their agenda?
    I believe that there is evidence that the overall global temperature has increased over the last 150 years. I believe that there is evidence that the earth has experienced significant cyclical changes in temperature throughout the course of geological history.

I believe that there is conjecture that "greenhouse gasses" produced by humans have an influence on global temperature. The "evidence" I have seen is circumstantial, incomplete and conflicting. I cannot say that our actions don't influence global temperature. On the other hand, based on the research I've seen, I cannot say that we have any significant influence at all. This is supposed to be science, not religion, so I'm not going to just take it on faith that man-made global warming is real. Because the issue has become a blunt instrument of political power, I'm not sure we will ever know the real truth.
    Matt McKenzie

It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes longer.

"It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA

Aside from the incompendent Gonzalas, the Bush administration also hired over 150 lawyers from Regent, Pat Robertson's "tier four" school. A "tier four" is the lowest rating that school can receive.
    What its prominence suggest, and what all science confirms is that the dog is a creature of the nose- A. Horowitz.

Quote Originally Posted by Losthwy View Post
    Aside from the incompendent Gonzalas, the Bush administration also hired over 150 lawyers from Regent, Pat Robertson's "tier four" school. A "tier four" is the lowest rating that school can receive.
    It will be gratifying to see them get their walking papers.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    Because the issue has become a blunt instrument of political power, I'm not sure we will ever know the real truth.
    I think there is some truth to this statement as well.

Cat 6 Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin