The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Obama Cat guy

Default Obama Cat guy

Yesterday afternoon I swung by to check on one of my crews that was finishing up a re-roof on a large residential home. Im coming down the ladder, after inspecting the roof, when the neighbor walks over and says he sees that we have extra materials left over and explains that he has built an outside house for his 3 cats and wonders if he could pay me to shingle his cat house.

Well the guy still has his Obama sign in his yard, but never one to turn away money, I shingle in his little 3 x 4 cat house roof. It only takes me about 15 minutes, but the whole time Im working the guy is going on and on and on about the election. Im ignoring the guy but getting mad under the collar and he says to me, I gather you are not an Obama fan. Well we get into it and argue heatedly for about 5 minutes about what we have to look forward to the next 4 years before he finally asks exasperated, well what do I owe you. I tell him $150 will cover it.

As he is counting out his money for the work, trying to get one last zinger in, he says rather pointedly I want you to know I would have paid $200". I immediately grabbed his money saying thats alright I would have done it for $90, and walked off.

...Don
    Just for the record I have very fine dogs. Some of the best in the whole country....or at least on my own block anyhow.

thats alright I would have done it for $90

Classic

you should have added ----
    ' but since my taxes are going up, I've decided to raise my rates.'

Juli

Quote Originally Posted by DSemple View Post
    Yesterday afternoon I swung by to check on one of my crews that was finishing up a re-roof on a large residential home. Im coming down the ladder, after inspecting the roof, when the neighbor walks over and says he sees that we have extra materials left over and explains that he has built an outside house for his 3 cats and wonders if he could pay me to shingle his cat house.

Well the guy still has his Obama sign in his yard, but never one to turn away money, I shingle in his little 3 x 4 cat house roof. It only takes me about 15 minutes, but the whole time Im working the guy is going on and on and on about the election. Im ignoring the guy but getting mad under the collar and he says to me, I gather you are not an Obama fan. Well we get into it and argue heatedly for about 5 minutes about what we have to look forward to the next 4 years before he finally asks exasperated, well what do I owe you. I tell him $150 will cover it.

As he is counting out his money for the work, trying to get one last zinger in, he says rather pointedly I want you to know I would have paid $200". I immediately grabbed his money saying thats alright I would have done it for $90, and walked off.

...Don
    You should have told him you would have done it for $90.00 but in the spirit of Obama Patriotism you wanted to spread the wealth...
    The More I Learn About People ,The More I Love My Dog!

A good friend will bail you out of jail. A really good friend will be sitting in jail beside you saying "DAMN that was fun!!!"

"Watermarks Troublesome Bonnie MH QAA"
    "Luthenauer Troublesome Coon Creek Susie MH MNH1"
    "Coon Creeks Backwater Quack Head MH"
    "Luthenauer Sir Buster Brown SH"

the neighbor walks over and wonders if he could pay me to shingle his cat house. ...Don
    most folk take that out in trade
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Originally Posted by DSemple
    the neighbor walks over and wonders if he could pay me to shingle his cat house. ...Don

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    most folk take that out in trade
    Quite a number of years ago I re-roofed a small titty bar. Still on the books waiting to get paid on that one.

...Don
    Just for the record I have very fine dogs. Some of the best in the whole country....or at least on my own block anyhow.

Quite a number of years ago I re-roofed a small titty bar. Still on the books waiting to get paid on that one.

...Don

well that the problem right there. by limiting themselves to performers with small titties they are excluding the customers who would prefer large titties. but as a nation we need to get past this and reach out to titties of all sizes. it is time for us to come together and end stripper discrimination now.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Currently middle of the "Great" Plains- Ord NE

OMG Ken! Now that is funny!!!
    Raina Anderson WWW.FIREHOUSELABS.COM

According to this BMI chart, I am too short !!!