The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Your 401K...or theirs?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Joe,

Please post the names of conservative House & Senate members defeated for the rest of us to peruse. Methinks you will struggle to find one name who is truly conservative. Maybe conservative by a lefties standards, but not by those who believe in sound fiscal policy.

I have a list & their voting records, Regards!!!
    Senator Dole, (R-NC), was considered the #10 most conservative Senator by the American Conservative Union.

Now, that might or might not measure up to the your standards of being a conservative, Marvin, but it is at least one as judged by a conservative organization.

Kind Regards,

Joe S.
    Last edited by Joe S.; 11-10-2008 at 11:32 AM.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    I would be interested in seeing how actual tax payers voted. I think that would say a lot if we had access to that info. If you don't pay taxes you don't have a vested interest.
    Really?

I would venture a guess that over the course of our nation's history at least one person who has died in it's defense came from a family that, for whatever reason, did not pay taxes. I don't know about you, but I'd call that a vested interest.

What's next? You have to be a land owner to vote?

Been There Done That Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
    Senator Dole, (R-NC), was considered the #10 most conservative Senator by the American Conservative Union.

Now, that might or might not measure up to the your standards of being a conservative, Marvin, but it is at least one as judged by a conservative organization.

Kind Regards,

Joe S.
    Please-----Senator Dole is married to former Senator Robert Dole, miserably failed Repub candidate for POTUS, who as a Senator never met a tax increase he didn't like. He championed the special deal for a winery in CA to allow them to avoid inheritance taxes on approx $600 million in potential gains. Her final campaign ad was tacky & showed desperation on her part.

Anyone can call themselves conservative, I could name several names, but that doesn't mean they are. Their performance is where they show they are truly conservative.

You are not conservative if you can only talk about it, you must show through deed that in fact your are a true believer in limited government & fiscal responsibility.

BTW, her name does not appear on my list, but these do with their rating immediately following:

------------------------Defenders of Economic Freedom

-----Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC)-----------------------100%
    -----Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK)-----------------------97%
    -----Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC)-----------------------97%
    -----Sen. Jon Kyl (R-AZ)----------------------------92%
    -----Sen. James Imhofe (R-OK)----------------------91%
    -----Sen. John Ensign (R-NV) -----------------------90%

Pretty short list, isn't it? & that's something the Repubs have to turn around or we will continue as a minority party for some time. Patrick's state did themselves proud.

AUH2O principles Rule

Now, how about those House members.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
    Really?

I would venture a guess that over the course of our nation's history at least one person who has died in it's defense came from a family that, for whatever reason, did not pay taxes. I don't know about you, but I'd call that a vested interest.

What's next? You have to be a land owner to vote?

Been There Done That Regards,

Joe S.
    I personally come from a family that has a lot of non-tax payers in it. I really don't think I want people with that mentality determining the direction of the country. I think most of the people who would put that power in their hands hasn't been around much of it. My perspective comes from growing up in it and working my way out.