The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Are Fox News viewers LESS informed?

Quote Originally Posted by greg ye View Post
    Serious?!???!! Fair!!??! OMG
    Read what Subron wrote, then read what I wrote, then find a definition for ironic humor, it's a killer.

Ironically Humorous Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
    Nicely done, Patrick!

I would only add that most on the right loathe the left. The news the right prefers must be void of any idea that doesn’t agree with their narrow, right wing ideological viewpoint. The fact that MSNBC just doesn’t hate the left and gives them a fair hearing is the reason the right hates MSNBC.

Thanks For Letting Me Clear That Up Regards,

Joe S.
    I would only add that most on the left loathe the right. The news the left prefers must be void of any idea that doesn’t agree with their narrow, left wing ideological viewpoint. The fact that FOX just doesn’t hate the right and gives them a fair hearing is the reason the left hates FOX.

Fair And Balanced Regards

The question is, does MSNBC actually give the right a fair hearing?

Does Fox give the left a fair hearing?

Ummm...have you read ANY of the posts by Bob G.? I mean, any at all? Even just one?

Regards,

Joe S.
    Hmm! I must have missed the post by Bob G. in this thread that used any disparaging remarks to describe liberals. Must have been posted using invisible text.

Read what Subron wrote, then read what I wrote, then find a definition for ironic humor, it's a killer.

Ironically Humorous Regards,

Joe S.
    Who's Subron? Your accuracy is suffering, Joe.

Ummm...have you read ANY of the posts by Bob G.? I mean, any at all? Even just one?

Regards,

Joe S.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Johnson View Post
    Hmm! I must have missed the post by Bob G. in this thread that used any disparaging remarks to describe liberals. Must have been posted using invisible text.
    Nice Shot, Paul - We'll give you a 3 (as in BB) on that.

Invisible text regards!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Johnson View Post
    You haven't been around here long, have you?

All It Takes Is Research Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

Last edited by subroc; 11-19-2008 at 05:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Let's go through this survey a little closer.

1.57.4% could NOT correctly say which party controls congress (50/50 shot just by guessing) That would happen no matter what group you were polling

2.81.8% could NOT correctly say Joe Biden quit a previous campaign because of plagiarism (25% chance by guessing) Biden was later cleared of those charges.

3.82.6% could NOT correctly say that Barack Obama won his first election by getting opponents kicked off the ballot (25% chance by guessing) Simply false
    http://mediamatters.org/items/200806020007

4.88.4% could NOT correctly say that Obama said his policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry and make energy rates skyrocket (25% chance by guessing)Not true http://dotearth.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-coal-and-co2/

5.56.1% could NOT correctly say Obama started his political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground (25% chance by guessing).Again not true. .http://blogs.usatoday.com/oped/2008/...ions-di-1.html

For the questions concerning Sarah Palin

1.And 86.9 % thought that Palin said that she could see Russia from her "house," even though that was Tina Fey who said that!!
    She did say though that you could see Russia from Alaska. http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2...5782924&page=2

The rest of the questions are facts.

So if I am reading this correctly it seams that the right is complaining that the media didn't broadcast these falsehoods about Obama/Biden loud enough.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    Let's go through this survey a little closer.

1.57.4% could NOT correctly say which party controls congress (50/50 shot just by guessing) That would happen no matter what group you were polling

2.81.8% could NOT correctly say Joe Biden quit a previous campaign because of plagiarism (25% chance by guessing) Biden was later cleared of those charges.

3.82.6% could NOT correctly say that Barack Obama won his first election by getting opponents kicked off the ballot (25% chance by guessing) Simply false
    http://mediamatters.org/items/200806020007

4.88.4% could NOT correctly say that Obama said his policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry and make energy rates skyrocket (25% chance by guessing)Not true http://dotearth.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-coal-and-co2/

5.56.1% could NOT correctly say Obama started his political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground (25% chance by guessing).Again not true. .http://blogs.usatoday.com/oped/2008/...ions-di-1.html

For the questions concerning Sarah Palin

1.And 86.9 % thought that Palin said that she could see Russia from her "house," even though that was Tina Fey who said that!!
    She did say though that you could see Russia from Alaska. http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2...5782924&page=2

The rest of the questions are facts.

So if I am reading this correctly it seams that the right is complaining that the media didn't broadcast these falsehoods about Obama/Biden loud enough.

The point was about being informed.

Are they informed?

Or are you suggesting scattershot is the way an informed populace is measured?

I will say you have a penchant for missing the point.

Here is a counter to your assertion about the coal industry. this youtube clip is a 4 min segment of your posted clip.

He wants to install a cap and trade system that in and of itself will bankrupt the coal industry (his words) by making it impossible with current technology.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMwBbl6RoIs
    Last edited by subroc; 11-19-2008 at 06:48 AM. Reason: added quote and additional comment

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    The point was about being informed.

Are they informed?
    Your right, I agree with you a 100%, is the electorate informed was the point of the article. My point is why should you know about things that are not true. If you are going to ask people about something I think it is important that whatever you ask them about is fact.
    I think the Right will now promote this poll as showing that the left didn't know all the facts. The problem is these are not facts and that was what I was trying to show.