The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: For all the Palin bashers

Paul, if Sarah emails me with a complaint, I'll certainly take your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I hope Palin enjoyed her telephone chat with "the President of France" and, oh yea Africa is a continent not a country.
    Some people believe everything they hear....

http://www.comcast.net/articles/tv/20081113/Palin.Hoax/

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    Some people believe everything they hear....

http://www.comcast.net/articles/tv/20081113/Palin.Hoax/

kg

Good Lord, you guys aren't even talking about the same incidents.

This Martin Eisenstadt in the story you link claims responsibility for telling FOX that Palin didn't know that Africa was a continent. The guy is bogus.

However, Palin did have a phone conversation with a couple of radio jockeys who claimed to be the president of France. She did have that conversation - I heard the tape, and I saw an interview with McCains campaign manager who said that it was Palin's assistants who were at fault for her even being put on the phone.

Lets try to keep things straight regards...

PS: I for one hope that the Republicans continue their love affair with Palin and promote her heavily for 2012. It will be great entertainment.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Also note that the retraction only concerned MSNBC's identification of the source for the FOX News story about Palin's (lack of) knowledge about Africa. FOX has not retracted its original story and presumably believes it to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Good Lord, you guys aren't even talking about the same incidents.
    I'm "talking" about one story, not the radio hoax. Having worked in radio for a lot of my early years in the media business and knowing Palin's "rookiness," that situation doesn't bother me in the least. Those pesky Canadians, eh?

This Martin Eisenstadt in the story you link claims responsibility for telling FOX that Palin didn't know that Africa was a continent. The guy is bogus.
    No kidding. Thanks for the tip.

However, Palin did have a phone conversation with a couple of radio jockeys who claimed to be the president of France. She did have that conversation - I heard the tape, and I saw an interview with McCains campaign manager who said that it was Palin's assistants who were at fault for her even being put on the phone.
    Ditto on all points. Asked and answered.

Lets try to keep things straight regards...
    Thank God I have you to "keep things straight"......

PS: I for one hope that the Republicans continue their love affair with Palin and promote her heavily for 2012. It will be great entertainment.
    I don't much think that's gonna happen. Were it not for liberal democrats and malcontents inside the republican party, she wouldn't be "promoted" now....

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Also note that the retraction only concerned MSNBC's identification of the source for the FOX News story about Palin's (lack of) knowledge about Africa. FOX has not retracted its original story and presumably believes it to be true.
    Ahhh....."presumably"......reminds me a lot of "assume".....and we all know where that gets us.....though that doesn't seem to stop SOME folks.....

Would one (or several, doesn't matter) of you left-leaning guys tell me WHY Sarah Palin still interests you in particular and democrats in general? The stock market is down over 1000 points since BHO was elected, jobs are evaporating left and right, only Walmart is projecting good news, and you guys want to talk about Sarah Palin............reminds me of that part of the Wizard of Oz where the Wizard says "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"

We've got bigger problems that Sarah Palin NOT being the VP-elect regards,

kg

Would one (or several, doesn't matter) of you left-leaning guys tell me WHY Sarah Palin still interests you in particular and democrats in general? The stock market is down over 1000 points since BHO was elected, jobs are evaporating left and right, only Walmart is projecting good news, and you guys want to talk about Sarah Palin............reminds me of that part of the Wizard of Oz where the Wizard says "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"

We've got bigger problems that Sarah Palin NOT being the VP-elect regards,

kg
    Who has started these threads again?

A thousand points since the election? The market hit these lows before the election and we are testing them once again. Seems to me the market has dropped from 14,000 down to around 8200 in the last year, almost 6000 points. Here is where we might be heading:

Whitehead sees slump worse than Depression

http://www.reuters.com/article/Finan...4AB7HT20081112

The former head of Goldman Sachs sees the USA loosing it's AAA debt rating because of public demands for new programs while at the same time demanding tax cuts. It has been my observation for years that the US population is reckless with their personal finances, and they have put politicians into power who take the same approach to government that they do to their own finances. Personally I've always lived within my means and have a fair amount of cash on hand. I hope it'll be enough to keep a roof over my head and food on the family table.

I get such a kick out of hearing politicians makes speeches, telling their audience that the American People get it, they know how to manage their own finances, spending only what they take in. The government needs to start handling it's finances like you good folks do at at home. What a bad sick joke. It's time for everyone to cut up their credit cards...
    Last edited by Buzz; 11-13-2008 at 11:38 AM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Guess you didn't want to address the "Palin" part (the majority) of the question, huh, Buzz?

BTW, I agree with you on all the financial points. As a country, we have made the bed we now get to sleep in.

kg

Ahhh....."presumably"......reminds me a lot of "assume".....and we all know where that gets us.....though that doesn't seem to stop SOME folks.....

Keith,
    My "presumably" was based on the fact that the article referenced by the original poster -- who seems to have thought the article was saying that Palin knew Arica was a continent -- was from FOX News and made a point of the fact that the hoax disclosed by MSNBC did not affect the credibility of their original story stating that Palin didn't know Africa was a continent.

Personally I could care less about Palin although she is now campaigning hard for 2012. I hope the Republicans can do better since I would rather see strong candidates from both parties. A new thread was started by someone trying to show that "us Palin bashers" had been duped by a hoax and this thread was revived based on the same story. Too bad those reopening the issue didn't actually read the story and forgot that the original comments about Palin's ignorance came from "fair and balanced" FOX News, not MSNBC.

Guess you didn't want to address the "Palin" part (the majority) of the question, huh, Buzz?

kg
    I thought I addressed that when I asked who started the treads...

Also, seems that Palin has done more interviews in the last week then during the entire campaign. She is in the news more than McCain and at least as much as the new president elect.