The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49

Thread: For all the Palin bashers

  1. #21
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Johnson View Post
    Thanks Jeff. This is the type of discussion that is needed.
    Thanks for the comment. I might have preferred it without the quote which truncates what I said to look like everyone said the situation was all nice and clean. Personally, I suspect that she knew exactly what was going on and that as a matter of personal judgment she had no business allowing Todd to act in a semi-official capacity as he seems to have done regularly. However, I also believe, as a matter of due process, that she deserves the benefit of the doubt and that seems to have been the basis for the Personnel Board's decision.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Issaquah, WA
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Thanks for the comment. I might have preferred it without the quote which truncates what I said to look like everyone said the situation was all nice and clean. Personally, I suspect that she knew exactly what was going on and that as a matter of personal judgment she had no business allowing Todd to act in a semi-official capacity as he seems to have done regularly. However, I also believe, as a matter of due process, that she deserves the benefit of the doubt and that seems to have been the basis for the Personnel Board's decision.
    I apologize for truncating your quote. If the future, I will be more thoughtful.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    202

    Default

    You Republicans still don't get it! Palin is one of the reasons McCain lost. The fact that she's an imbecile scared a lot of Americans away. American also didn't want someone who was out of the mainstream. The majority of Americans are moderate and don't want right wing zealots running the nation. So, keep supporting Palin--I look forward to two Obama terms.

  4. #24
    Senior Member achiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Enid, OK
    Posts
    2,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M Remington View Post
    You Republicans still don't get it! Palin is one of the reasons McCain lost.
    Any poll I've seen say just the opposite but keep trying.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Remington View Post
    The fact that she's an imbecile scared a lot of Americans away.
    Fact? I guess you've met the woman? If not then you are going by what? I guess any moron can become a governor.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Remington View Post
    The majority of Americans are moderate and don't want right wing zealots running the nation. So, keep supporting Palin--I look forward to two Obama terms.
    And you are getting that she is a zealot from what source?

    Seriously, do you actually believe the crap that you post? Get an actual fact to back up your opinions and you might be taken seriously but for now, I am just going to sit back and laugh at you.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Achiro, I don't know what "non mainstream" polling organizations you are following, but about 40% (NYT and NBC/WSJ polls) of Americans feel that Palin is qualified to be President (isn't that ultimately what's important?).

    I don't think any moron can be governor. I think that any moron can win office in Alaska. What other state elects a convicted felon to the U.S. Senate, a congressman under federal investigation. Also, remember Lisa Murkowski. Appointed by her father who plead guilty to fraud in a recent federal investigation.

    I can think of no other word than "zealot" for a women who doesn't even permit abortion in instances of rape and incest.

    The great think is that the majority of Americans seem to agree with my point of view. My proof, PRESIDENT ELECT OBAMA.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,253

    Default

    By coincidence, I was thinking of putting together a letter to the Governor complimenting her on the class that she has shown under very difficult circumstances & encouraging her to continue putting forth her message. Though I disagree with her on the intrusion into others lives, I believe her to be the classiest of the nominees in the recent election.

    Should I do that, I have full expectation of receiving a personal reply as that is the kind of individual I believe her to be.

    Saw a great cartoon this AM - A moose running full speed, bullets whizzing by & the caption "she's back". Added a laugh to the day.

    But the interesting thing is, Why do the lefties on this forum continue to bash away, the election is over & their guy got the job, are they afraid of something?

    Now that your guy has the job - Are those of us who want nothing except what we earn going to be able to say 4 years from now that we are better off than we were when he was elected - no excuses - he wanted the job!!!
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  7. #27
    Senior Member Bud Bass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    wasilla alaska
    Posts
    960

    Default

    [QUOTE=achiro;357185]Any poll I've seen say just the opposite but keep trying.

    Fact? I guess you've met the woman? If not then you are going by what? I guess any moron can become a governor.

    You are almost right, Palin proves that any moron can be elected gov or senator in Alaska if they are on the right. Alaska is a red state, no doubt. Dem Mayer Mark Bagach is behind Stevens by 3000 votes or so, possibly will pull it out next week. Its primarly due to the dems not voting because Obama was ahead. Tony Knowles, a 2 term dem gov, ran again after a break, against Palin, and was not elected, Palin could not have done better if she were blonde, which is how she acts. There is a mystique to her that attracts voters and fools. I believe that she did not know Africa was a contenant and not a country. It fits right in with seeing Russia from her door. She has embarrased Alaska enough, I hope she stays home 4 years from now, and I really hope she does not run for Stevens senate seat after the Senate boots him. Both Knowles and Begich are extreamly intellegent, know the world as well as Alaska and would have been much more suitable for the roles they ran for. Bud

  8. #28
    Senior Member K G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    southeast us
    Posts
    5,354

    Default

    This election was about Bush 43's failed presidency. End of story.

    McCain could've picked anyone as his running mate and the outcome would have been no different; perhaps a bit closer race but no change in result. The recent economic downturn sealed his loss. Palin is an easy target; the Left would have attacked any Republican VP candidate with the same zeal, but probably would not have had such an easy time with it...but it wouldn't have mattered in the end.

    I truly hope he's the messiah that his supporters have built him up to be. The deck (Congress) is stacked in his favor; if he doesn't get it done in four years, he'll not get another four. He's made too many promises to the "have nots" that came out in record numbers and voted for him that if he doesn't lead them to "the promised land," he can retire with his pension-for-life and live longer as a former president that any one before him.

    The clock starts ticking on 1-20-09 regards,

    kg

    PS....and Bud, how do you justify BHO's remarks about the Ronald Reagan seance against Palin's (fill in the blank) comments???
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

  9. #29
    Senior Member K G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    southeast us
    Posts
    5,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    But the interesting thing is, Why do the lefties on this forum continue to bash away, the election is over & their guy got the job, are they afraid of something?

    Now that your guy has the job - Are those of us who want nothing except what we earn going to be able to say 4 years from now that we are better off than we were when he was elected - no excuses - he wanted the job!!!
    Ditto, Marv....

    kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Bud Bass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    wasilla alaska
    Posts
    960

    Default

    [QUOTE=K G;
    PS....and Bud, how do you justify BHO's remarks about the Ronald Reagan seance against Palin's (fill in the blank) comments??? [/QUOTE]

    Thats easy, In BHO's case, I think he was trying to make a joke and realized after he said it that it was not in the best of taste. BHO and Bidon and for that matter McCain, have given hundreds of interviews, speaches and spoken to thousands for media of all kinds. Could you do that without mis-speaking on occasion, getting your facts confused on occasion? I know I couldn't. Palin is a different matter, ever time she opened her mouth in the first 2/3rds of her campaign she stuck her foot in it. Clear difference here. She exhibited beyond all doubt that she is a Hillbilly from Wasilla. Bud

Similar Threads

  1. Gov Palin on Osamacare
    By Bob Gutermuth in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 08-17-2009, 05:03 PM
  2. For the Bush Bashers that are intent...
    By Uncle Bill in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 10:45 AM
  3. It's Sarah Palin - GDG
    By DSemple in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 248
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 10:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •