The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone notice that both campaigns...

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    They were both running against George Bush, whose own position they agree with & which is in direct conflict with what most US citizens think & want enforced.

I think this is a correct answer. While McCain changed his position for the campaign, he has always favored immigration reform that would provide current illegals with a path the citizenship. Obama's position is pretty similar. I also think the opinion of most citizens is a little more complicated than cuff 'em and throw them out.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Actually I'm responding with my wallet more than anything. Why in heck should the taxpayers be holding the bag for school, medical, social security and such funds for those who are here illegally? We have enough citizens to support as it is. Hospitals in the southwest are spending a fortune caring for illegals, and they are a substantial burden on the law enforcement establishemnt and prison system as well. Again we have enough costs involved in our own committing crimes so that we don't need to be spending money on folks who shouldn't even be here.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    Come here legally thru the front door or don't come. For my money every illegal needs to be cuffed, stuffed and deported!

I agree 100%!!!!!!

Senior Member RedHeadedHurricane's Avatar

Amen and double ditto!
    That's right baby and I'm a CAT 5!

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    Would you apply that same standard Warrantless wiretapping and waterboarding?
    okay ill play along please point out the law where its illegal

I like the idea of the FairTax that has been promoted by Mike Huckabee, the plan can captue revevue from those that don't pay taxes. Examples of those that w6uld be taxed:

illegal aliens
    drug dealers
    prostitution
    The tax is based on personal consumption.
    cave canem...beware of the dog
    Richard Halstead (halst001 at yahoo.com)

http://www.browndogmafia.com/finalists.html

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post
    I've always thought this was pretty clear and never noticed an exception that said except when the President thought it was important.

U.S. Constitution 4th Amendment:
    "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Geneva Convention, Article 13 (Note: Adopted by 2/3 vote of Congress, signed by President and having the full effect of law):

"Prisoners of war must at all times be humanely treated. Any unlawful act or omission by the Detaining Power causing death or seriously endangering the health of a prisoner of war in its custody is prohibited, and will be regarded as a serious breach of the present Convention. In particular, no prisoner of war may be subjected to physical mutilation or to medical or scientific experiments of any kind which are not justified by the medical, dental or hospital treatment of the prisoner concerned and carried out in his interest.
    Likewise, prisoners of war must at all times be protected, particularly against acts of violence or intimidation and against insults and public curiosity.
    Measures of reprisal against prisoners of war are prohibited."

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    Little off subject don't you think.
    No, Marvin brought up the whole basic "What part of illegal don't you understand?" point so the linkage was good...

...but I'm in general agreement with Bob. I don't think they should all be cuffed and stuffed, I do think the majority of them need to leave and re-enter legally.

Were it up me, I'd take the 4ID along with the federalized National Guard on the border states and deploy them to protect the southern border...we are at war, right? Please don't give me the posse comitatus issue because if we can find a way to do domestic spying and "inhanced" interrogation, posse comitatus is a walk in the park.

In Prince William Country, VA, right after the county passed an law allowing police to check the resident status of those involved in crimes, the average number of children in public school classes fell. I don't have the exact number. To suggest illegals aren't an impact on schools and other social services is to deny reality.

Look, I'm all for people wanting to come to America and make a better life but it should start with following the laws. I'm pretty sure I could make a better life for myself and my family if I walked into a bank and took all the cash they had available but the law says if I do that I end in a 6X10 cell with another guy who keeps wanting to call me Sweetness.

Kind Of Conservative In This Area Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

Senior Member RedHeadedHurricane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Halstead View Post
    I like the idea of the FairTax that has been promoted by Mike Huckabee, the plan can captue revevue from those that don't pay taxes. Examples of those that w6uld be taxed:

illegal aliens
    drug dealers
    prostitution
    The tax is based on personal consumption.
    This is by far one of the best ideas out there. It would definitely keep people from righting off personal items as work related as well as tax those that use the most and want toys. Even though I really like this idea I completely understand that I would be one of those being taxed hard. I have alot of toys. Huckabee was a pretty darn good governor for Arkansas. Actually I think he was quite a bit better than Clinton.
    That's right baby and I'm a CAT 5!

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post
    Ok first the Administration has admitted that they have spied on Americans. Condolezza Rice on Meet the Press Dec 18, 2005:

MR. RUSSERT: The law is very clear that a person is guilty of an offense unless they get a court order before seeking to wiretap an American citizen. Why did the president not get a court order? . . .

SEC'Y RICE: The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, exactly. FISA, which came out of 1978 at a time when the principal concern was, frankly, the activities of people on behalf of foreign governments, rather stable targets, very different from the kind of urgency of detection and thereby protection of a country that is needed today. And so the president has drawn on additional authorities that he has under the Constitution and under other statutes.
    General Michael Hayden also spoke out about this same issue. In an appearance at the National press club he said the following

"If FISA worked just as well, why wouldn't I use FISA? To save typing? No. There is an operational impact here, and I have two paths in front of me, both of them lawful, one FISA, one the presidential -- the president's authorization. And we go down this path because our operational judgment is it is much more effective. So we do it for that reason."
    Now if you read the statue it is clear how illegal this second path is. The Fisa laws at that time read Section 1809 of FISA, which expressly provides that "[a] person is guilty of an offense if he intentionally - (1) engages in electronic surveillance under color of law except as authorized by statute. . . ." And Section 2511(2)(f) provides that FISA "shall be the exclusive means by which electronic surveillance . . . may be conducted."

Simply put the law says there is no second path for eavesdropping and people using that defense which the Administration clearly did are breaking the law.

There is no authority anywhere that says the President can willfully violate a criminal Law that was passed by Congress. NONE

Waterboarding has been outlawed by the Geneva convention now for years that one I suggest you look up yourself
    Last edited by cotts135; 11-11-2008 at 07:23 AM.