The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Hey conservatives ..this is a good one to bookmark

Default Hey conservatives ..this is a good one to bookmark

This is well worth the time it takes to read.

Reconciliation

I wish President-elect Obama well, and hope that even his critics can concede that he waged a successful and often brilliant (if not shrewdly stealthy) campaign.

It seems to me that conservatives have a golden opportunity to offer criticism and advice in a manner that many liberals did not during the last eight years. By that I mean I hope there are no conservative versions of the Nicholson Baker Knopf-published ‘novel’ Checkpoint, the creepy documentary by Gerald Range, the attempt to name a sewer plant after an American President, or the celebrity outbursts that we have witnessed with the tired refrain of Hitler/Nazi Bush—that all have cheapened political discourse. When I hear a partisan insider like Paul Begala urging at the 11th hour that we now rally around lame-duck Bush in his last few days, I detect a sense of apprehension that no Democrats would wish conservatives to treat Obama as they did Bush for eight years.

In the future, criticism should be offered in unified pro-American tones, rather than anti-Obama screeds. When disagreements arise, they should be couched in a sense of regret rather than ebullition. There should be no conservative counterparts of Bill Maher, Michael Moore, or Al Franken.

That said, read on.
    You've come this far you may as well go here >>http://pajamasmedia.com/victordavish...e-day-after-2/
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Thank You - well worth the read & how true.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Conservatives show you are above petty partisanship, liberals continue to act like, well, liberals.

I get it.

I will never consider treating a liberal President with anything other than the same level of disdain that the left treated President George W. Bush. But, it didn’t start there. Look at how the left treated virtually all court selections, the most obvious of which were the Supreme Court selections of John Roberts and Samuel Alito. He!!, they all but called Alito a racist during the conformation process!

They blamed President George w. Bush for everything from rainy days to hurricanes.

But give consideration to their guy. Show you are above it. They didn’t, ever. But c’mon conservative show you are bigger. The left are a bunch of phonies.

Left wing politicians, the media, and their operatives have set the level of discourse. They believe no consideration is to be given to the other party. They would rather side with the enemy of our nation than with the other party.

The left has no manners.

If he gets any consideration at all, that consideration level should be small.

BTW, what level of consideration would be enough? I expect the only level they would consider enough would be to agree with everything the man proposes. I expect anyone that disagrees with him will be tarred as a racist, divisive, not trying to help the nation heal, etc.

Interesting times, indeed.

Interested Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

I'd have to agree with one of the comments on that site that one has respect for the office, but not necessarily the office-holder. I never was able to bring myself to respect Clinton. Still can't.

Based on the tactics of the campaign, I can't say that I hold out much hope for a strategy of "roll over and be nice."

This election was infused with more passion than any previous one that I can recall. And it seems the passions did not cool with the election results.

Evidently, it ain't quite over yet. There is a run-off election in December for Georgia Senator. Dems supposedly pumping a lot of money into the state for the Dem challenger so that Dem majority in the Senate will be increased.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Evidently, it ain't quite over yet. There is a run-off election in December for Georgia Senator. Dems supposedly pumping a lot of money into the state for the Dem challenger so that Dem majority in the Senate will be increased.
    And the Republicans aren't?

This guy is #2 or #3 on Magnificent Marv's list of Conservative Senators and he's locked in a run-off. While he may very well win, he clearly has his hands full towing the conservative line.

Money Flows From Both Sides Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
    This guy is #2 or #3 on Magnificent Marv's list of Conservative Senators and he's locked in a run-off. While he may very well win, he clearly has his hands full towing the conservative line. Joe S.
    Come again, Joe. There are No senators from GA on that list. The guy voted for the Farm Bill & favors the Fair Tax, both of which any fiscally minded individual would find Not Acceptable.

Now I don't think you to be dyslexic, so you don't have that excuse. But Saxby Chambliss is not on that list, in fact, no one who voted for the Farm Bill is on that list.

Did you feel it would be a clever post bite, which to an unprincipled lefty would be OK, but you are dead wrong on this post.

Now, when people start posting bad info does that make all their posts suspect?

Just Asking. Regards.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!