The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Security Force?

Default New Security Force?

I would like some serious discussion from the right and left, with out some of "fear, smear mentality."

Obama gave a speech where he said "We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set," Obama said in July. "We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

What type of force is he speaking of? New Black panthers, or just another type of law enforcement? If it is just law enforcement why do we need something else. Who would control it? Why would it need to be just as powerful as the military and as well funded?

He has been criticized for this statement and it has been said that the Germans had the same type of force. (Fear tactic)

I would like one reason why we need this force.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/11...-dictatorship/

A GOP member of congress says Obama wants a "Nazi like" security force.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Could Barney Frank be the next Ernst Roehm?
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Don't we already have National Security forces in Border Patrol, NSA, CIA, FBI, National Guard, DEA, and so forth?

So Obama wants to create another redundent agency to sink tax dollars into?
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    I would like some serious discussion from the right and left, with out some of "fear, smear mentality."

Obama gave a speech where he said "We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set," Obama said in July. "We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

What type of force is he speaking of? New Black panthers, or just another type of law enforcement? If it is just law enforcement why do we need something else. Who would control it? Why would it need to be just as powerful as the military and as well funded?

He has been criticized for this statement and it has been said that the Germans had the same type of force. (Fear tactic)

I would like one reason why we need this force.
    I have several friends and family in U.S. armed forces. They would not go along with an Obama dictatorship ..neither would the millions of armed citizens of the U.S. I think they would be smart enough to realize that. Even if that really was what Obama was talking about.
    I totally agree , there may be some truth to this that we should be wary of, but I fear the truth will get lost in hysteria and wild accusations that can easily be shot down.The right lost a lot of credibility this past election what with all of the false accusations and e-mails floating around.

There is enough there for Americans to be concerned with that is verifiable and truthful without resorting to manufacture.

"We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set," Obama said in July. "We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

That is a disturbing statement in itself.
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Okay, I don't like the sound of it either, and I don't know exactly what he is suggesting or intending, so I will be Googling again today, I guess... Best-case scenario, in my mind, would be that the FBI, state, and local law enforcement actually operate on the same page to deal with potential national security and crisis issues.

Given that the current president and Pentagon have decided that a standing combat brigade is appropriate (see http://www.armytimes.com/news/2008/0...eland_090708w/ ), which I find very frightening and apalling and all sorts of other adjectives, it's clear Obama isn't the only figure to see some need for a well-armed response team being in place. I'd rather not see our armed forces placed in that position on a standing basis. Unconstitutional, one would think; and unfair to ask of ourselves and our servicemen, I think.

That said, I don't want some new homeland troop scenario either. Sheez.

I see a lot of letter-writing that will put me (back?) on some secret watch list in my future...
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

I feel like Captain Von Trapp in 'The Sound of Music'.

Obama wants a bunch of youngsters like Rolfe Gruber marching around the neighborhoods making sure we're all in compliance.

Here is a direct quote from Obama's speech. The comment was in the context of expanding Americorps, foreign service, and volunteerism. Why doesn't it surprise me that these comments get taken out of context and made out to be some scary scary thing. Black Panther security forces? Sounds like paranoia.

I think the Jon Stewart quote at the bottom of my posting applies here...

From Obama's July 2 speech in Colorado Springs, Colo.:

Today, AmeriCorps -- our nation's network of local, state, and national service programs -- has 75,000 slots. And I know firsthand the quality of these programs. My wife, Michelle, once left her job at a law firm and at City Hall to be a founding director of an AmeriCorps program in Chicago that trains young people for careers in public service. And these programs invest Americans in their communities and their country. They tap America's greatest resource -- our citizens.

And that's why as president, I will expand AmeriCorps to 250,000 slots and make that increased service a vehicle to meet national goals like providing health care and education, saving our planet and restoring our standing in the world, so that citizens see their efforts connected to a common purpose. People of all ages, stations, and skills will be asked to serve. Because when it comes to the challenges we face, the American people are not the problem -- they are the answer.

So we are going to send -- we're going to send more college graduates to teach and mentor our young people. We'll call on Americans to join an Energy Corps to conduct renewable energy and environmental cleanup projects in their neighborhoods all across the country. We will enlist our veterans to find jobs and support for other vets, to be there for our military families. And we're going to grow our Foreign Service, open consulates that have been shuttered, and double the size of the Peace Corps by 2011 to renew our diplomacy.

We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.

We need to use technology to connect people to service. We'll expand USA Freedom Corps to create online networks where Americans can browse opportunities to volunteer. You'll be able to search by category, time commitment, and skill sets; you'll be able to rate service opportunities, build service networks, and create your own service pages to track your hours and activities. This will empower more Americans to craft their own service agenda, and make their own change from the bottom up.
    Last edited by Buzz; 11-11-2008 at 09:54 AM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by K.Bullock View Post
    The right lost a lot of credibility this past election what with all of the false accusations and e-mails floating around.

There is enough there for Americans to be concerned with that is verifiable and truthful without resorting to manufacture.

"
    I don't think I agree with our statement. The left has been putting out its own falsehoods for the past 8 years as well. Most of the statements are either unverifiable or have a kernel of truth with the exception of the 911 conspiracies. The left even has had Hollywood helping with the commercial production of movies and tv shows that were playing loose with the facts.

With the advent of the internet it is just too easy to put out false information. Which is why you would hope the "journalists" would actually due their jobs and investigate the candidates instead of being advocates for one side or the other.