RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

November 11/12 1940 40 duck hunters died

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Kevin WI 
#1 ·
http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/200011/10_steilm_blizzard-m/

I found this on the other forum, and since we are having an earthquake drill today which messes up my essay test, we will be talking about this.
It is so sad.

I personally have become very slack-I depend way too much on my cell phone (actually crackberry) and realized as I read this that I needed to be more careful.
It takes very little space to put a keep a survival blanket, it is the size of a card, and everyone needs to make sure they have a flashlight that works in their cars and houses. I know I will be checking mine this weekend. We are often off the beaten path with our dogs.
My first aid kit needs to be replaced, and I need to put wool socks in my car. Why? first place to lose heat.
Oh well, just a reminder!

G
#2 ·
I'm always amazed with as much history and natl geographic channel I watch... That there are still things like this I've never heard of... Thanks for sharing. What a horrible tragedy. I can't imagine... ...good dogs...

#3 ·
Oh man...the Armistice Day blizzard is a huge story around here for all serious duckhunters...Duckhunters can't get enough to read about it...the ducks were thick ahead of the storm, which made the guys stay out just a little too long and many lost their lives. With today's weather reports, PFD's and faster motors, this probably wouldn't have happened...back then all they had was rowboats.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.