RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

eic results

5K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  YardleyLabs 
#1 ·
Is there a list of EIC clear/affected dogs somewhere. Trying to find out if Watermarks Texas Welcome has been tested and if he is clear/affected.

#7 ·
It is possible that the OFA has a backlog of EIC clearances yet to enter. I sent mine in 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't come up with my dog's other clearances.

The Lab Quarterly ran an article in their last issue (Fall 2008) arriving in mailboxes this week, urging owners to test their dogs. I think that we will see more than 149 - we just have to be patient.

#8 ·
149-isn't that sad that the U of MN has tested so many more than that!
I think it was stated it would take several weeks for OFA to get them up. I'm holding on to mine to send them in all together and get the price break, but just ask someone if you want to know their results or look on their website.

#10 ·
The paperwork that I received with my EIC results said something about having to pay $15 for OFA to list the EIC results. Many folks may not be willing to pay that just to have it listed.

Am I correct in this recollection about the fee? If so, why would OFA list CERF without a fee but not EIC... or is the fee included in the CERF exam?

#12 ·
When you paid your fee to CERF, that was a listing fee; you paid the ophthalmologist directly for the exam and paperwork. Optigen routinely charges almost $200 for DNA tests and you still have to pay OFA to have them listed on the OFA database. Personally, I am happy that we have a lab that is doing the test and continuing to do the research. If your dog is affected, OFA does the listing for free; otherwise it's $15. At $80, the cost of the test and the listing is still reasonable. I only wish that the cost of having blood drawn and shipped were cheaper. We have been spoiled by Alfort with the CNM test. However, it's my understanding that the website is actually programmed and operated by the vet in charge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.