The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What does BHO’s Election Mean for Race Relations

What I do know that as a heterosexual white male between 25-50 years of age, in a job interview with equally skilled other candidates, I'm at the bottom of the pool. All other races, women and homosexuals have affirmative action on their side. What I know is if I create a club that is "men" only, then I'm gender prejudice. Its ok for BET to create an all black tv station with entertainers, but if I create an all white station all holy hell would break loose. If I stand up for marriage among male/female relationships then I'm prejudiced against homosexuals. Its ok for a black man to call me honkey, redneck, cracker and other names, but I had better not say anything back. The sad thing to all this is one of my longest and dearest friends is a black man that I respect, cherish and would never think of hurting in any way with stupid racist remarks. So if you ask me if BO will resolve race issues int his country, I seriously doubt it. It takes people being willing to change thier prejudice to resolve it.

/Paul
    Last edited by Gun_Dog2002; 11-14-2008 at 11:50 PM.
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Senior Member RedHeadedHurricane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    What I do know that as a heterosexual white male between 25-50 years of age, in a job interview with equally skilled other candidates, I'm at the bottom of the pool. All other races, women and homosexuals have affirmative action on their side. What I know is if I create a club that is "men" only, then I'm gender prejudice. Its ok for BET to create an all black tv station with entertainers, but if I create an all white station all holy hell would break loose. If I stand up for marriage among male/female relationships then I'm prejudiced against homosexuals. Its ok for a black man to call me honkey, redneck, cracker and other names, but I had better not say anything back. The sad thing to all this is one of my longest and dearest friends is a black man that I respect, cherish and would never think of hurting in any way with stupid racist remarks. So if you ask me if BO will resolve race issues int his country, I seriously doubt it. It takes people being willing to change thier prejudice to resolve it.

/Paul

Amen to that brotha!
    That's right baby and I'm a CAT 5!

Quote Originally Posted by RedHeadedHurricane View Post
    When I figure out which race he apts to lean towards more I'll let you know what I think. By exclaiming that, I mean if he comes off as being a more white or black person then I'll have more of an understanding of how it will effect race relations.

I can identify a white or black person by looking at them, but I'm not sure how to identify when a person "comes off as being more white or black." I voted for him because I thought he'd "come off" as American.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post

/Paul
    Amen...birds of a feather brother.

Senior Member RedHeadedHurricane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M Remington View Post
    I can identify a white or black person by looking at them, but I'm not sure how to identify when a person "comes off as being more white or black." I voted for him because I thought he'd "come off" as American.
    Well if you can't tell that you are either being very niave or you live a very secluded life. I'm not saying that you don't get out and do anything, I'm quite simply saying that more than likely you don't get out into the middle of things. I'm very much in the middle of all of the races in a certain line of work and I can certainly tell you there is a difference and I don't mean something bad when I say that or racisist or condesending at all. Just the fact there is a difference. There is a very different way of looking at things, cultures and such. Goes for every race.

On another note how in the hell did he come off more American than McCain? Sheeezzzzussss!
    That's right baby and I'm a CAT 5!

Quote Originally Posted by RedHeadedHurricane View Post
    On another note how in the hell did he come off more American than McCain? Sheeezzzzussss!
    I thought about replying to that original statement but it was just too nonsensical to address....seriously.....

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

I am hoping they can now get rid of the racist practice of Afirmative Action. It is silly in big corporations to see someone at Director or VP level that can barely do algebra, and barely graduated HS, while there are very well qualified people with multiple college degrees being opressed at the peon level.
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.