Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: global warming

Default global warming

Is the global warming crisis over?

http://www.dailytech.com/Sea+Ice+Gro...ticle13385.htm

When it quits being fun...we retire!

Nancy Neipert with
    Skeeter, my avatar (Deepwoods Off and Fly'n High, MH, MNH, MN09,10, 11.
    Gypsy (Windigo Deja Voodoo Gypsy Pearl, D List, QAA, MH) MN10 & to MD11
    Mary (Stellars Proud Mary) first Lean Mac dog
    Ted (Deepwoods Spirit of the Wild), now the baby & Suzie's grandson...
    Suzie (Watermarks Slough Foot Sue, MH, 2000-2011 - Farewell dear companion)

While the N. hemesphere has warmed a degree or so ,,,the southern hemesphere has cooled ,,I personally believe it is the farting creel with that anti freeze type fluid in them causing all the problems.
    Either that or we are about to wobble off our axis and some say I already have

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post

Nice I think this paragraph sums it up

A GISS spokesman lamely explained that the reason for the error in the Russian figures was that they were obtained from another body, and that GISS did not have resources to exercise proper quality control over the data it was supplied with. This is an astonishing admission: the figures published by Dr Hansen's institute are not only one of the four data sets that the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) relies on to promote its case for global warming, but they are the most widely quoted, since they consistently show higher temperatures than the others.

Money, money, money.....money!!! Folow the money and you will fine this BS as I have said from day one. Scince w/o proper quality control is trash and would be tossed into the trash can by peer review....unless they are in on the $$$$$

This aint over yet. It is going to cost you and I $$$$$$$$$ in "green" BS before it is said and done.....cap and trade anyone????
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Got this sent to me today.

UB

Nov 18, 2008

Alaskan Glaciers Grow for First Time in 250 Years

By Michael Asher, Daily Tech

A bitterly cold Alaskan summer has had surprising results. For the first time in the area’s recorded history, area glaciers have begun to expand, rather than shrink. Summer temperatures, which were some 3 degrees below average, allowed record levels of winter snow to remain much longer, leading to the increase in glacial mass.

“In mid-June, I was surprised to see snow still at sea level in Prince William Sound”, said glaciologist Bruce Molnia. “In general, the weather this summer was the worst I have seen in at least 20 years”. “On the Juneau Icefield, there was still 20 feet of new snow on the surface [in] late July. At Bering Glacier, a landslide I am studying [did] not become snow free until early August.”

Molnia, who works for the US Geological Survey, said it’s been a “long time” since area glaciers have seen a positive mass balance­an increase in the total amount of ice they contain. Since 1946, the USGS has maintained a research project measuring the state of Alaskan glaciers. This year saw records broken for most snow buildup. It was also the first time since any records began being that the glaciers did not shrink during the summer months.

Those records date from the mid 1700s, when the region was first visited by Russian explorers. Molnia estimates that Alaskan glaciers have lost about 15% of their total area since that time­an area the size of Connecticut. One of the largest areas of shrinkage has been at the national park of Glacier Bay. When Alexei Ilich Chirikof first arrived in 1741, the bay didn’t exist at all­only a solid wall of ice. From that time until the early 1900s, the ice retreated some 50 miles, to form the bay and surrounding area.

Accordingly to Molnia, a difference of just 3 or 4 degrees is enough to shift the mass balance of glaciers from rapid shrinkage to rapid growth. From the 1600s to the 1900s, that s just the amount of warming that was seen, as the planet exited the Little Ice Age.

Molnia says one cold summer doesn’t mean the start of a new climatic trend. At least years like this, however, might mark the beginning of another Little Ice Age. As DailyTech reported earlier, Arctic sea ice this year has also increased substantially from its low in 2007. Read more.

Alaska is cooling due to the cooling Pacific (negative PDO) and likely low solar activity which produced a cold and snowy winter and spring and cloudy cold summer. This is the inverse of the step warming that took place in 1979 when the PDO went positive and the sun neared the Grand Maximum.
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

NBC gets rid of their global warming (environmental unit) staff at the Weather Channel.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/capitalweathergang/2008/11/nbc_fires_twc_environmental_un.html

Isn’t NBC the channel that turns the lights out during football games?

It appears advocacy isn’t relevant during times of economic crisis.

I can honestly say, I stopped watching the Weather Channel some time back when it seemed like there was a barrage of the most extreme global warming related information with the blame constantly directed at man being the cause. Maybe there will be a move in direction toward saner programming? I actually doubt it though. I expect NBC already has an advocacy group or department in place covering the global warming issue and we will see the NBC “experts” instead of the Weather Channels.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Biggest snow job since the WCTU sole America on Prohibition.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

A GISS spokesman lamely explained that the reason for the error in the Russian figures was that they were obtained from another body, and that GISS did not have resources to exercise proper quality control over the data it was supplied with. This is an astonishing admission: the figures published by Dr Hansen's institute are not only one of the four data sets that the UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) relies on to promote its case for global warming, but they are the most widely quoted, since they consistently show higher temperatures than the others.
    It is not "new" news, i.e. that there have always been at least as many scientists who did not subscribe to the theory of global warming as there were those who got the media coverage.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Simple solution
    Lets pump more hydocarbons into the atmoshpere

Pete