The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: global warming

Good point. With all the study being done do these experts know what optimum level of CO2 or greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere would be needed to maintain some constant temperature or to prevent exceeding the desired temperature highs and lows?

It is a good thing this guy didn’t get this patent approved and the screen deployed.

http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20080203328

I wonder how much human resource or effort it would take to manufacture something like this? What would man do without to produce it?

If this item got deployed at some time in the future and it was determined that this was actually causing more harm than good, would there be a way to remove it?

If you would trully like to be currently informed from the internet, on the facts and fancy of global climate change, that you simply google the words 'global climate change' , and indulge yourself in the 49 and 1/2 million sites speaking to that issue. You're sure to find something to quote that will substantiate your own personnal beliefs. Then you too, can link them to a retriever site in the hopes that you may persuade others to your point of view.

Waste of bandwidth regards,

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Hugh, my friend!

I have found a subscription to Science Magazine, the premier scientific journal in the United States, published by the American Association for the Advancement of Science, is a far better place to learn about anything scientific - including global warming - than most other sources. Escpecially press reports.

Did you get much rain? We are in a mud hole up here. It worked for ducks yesterday but ruined a perfectly good outing up to SW Colorado for pheasants tomorrow.
    Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by dr_dog_guy View Post
    Hugh, my friend!

I have found a subscription to Science Magazine, the premier scientific journal in the United States, published by the American Association for the Advancement of Science, is a far better place to learn about anything scientific - including global warming - than most other sources. Escpecially press reports.

Did you get much rain? We are in a mud hole up here. It worked for ducks yesterday but ruined a perfectly good outing up to SW Colorado for pheasants tomorrow.
    OMG Chuck, you just posted to a political thread on RTF. Just how much rain did you get?

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    OMG Chuck, you just posted to a political thread on RTF. Just how much rain did you get?

JD
    I know! I don't know what I was thinking, and I'm sure I'll regret it

Total rain, I don't know, but it was a pretty steady drizzle mixed with periods more like a summer thunderstorm. Enough to turn the backyard into a swamp, and even the field at Cheryl's, which is mostly sand, is still mud. Darn strange way to run a desert!
    Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    If you would trully like to be currently informed from the internet, on the facts and fancy of global climate change, that you simply google the words 'global climate change' , and indulge yourself in the 49 and 1/2 million sites speaking to that issue...

Waste of bandwidth regards,

JD
    Thanks for the tip!

I generally when I am actually searching for such things, I use the search parameters global warming and hoax.

Using climate change with the additional parameter hoax should give me a slightly different result.

These were just links from drudge that I thought would be of interest.

Read them or not, at your pleasure.

BTW, a waste of bandwidth? Really? I haven't heard a complaint from anyone or read an article about bandwidth being in jeopardy of being exceeded in ohhhh 6 or 8 years.

Even the UN, that last bastion of hope for a perfect world for those of you on the left, has addmitted that climate change may be influenced more by nature than human activity. Heartining news for those of us that don't believe that a sceintific theory is reached merely by concensus.
    That being said, who wouldn't be for green technology IF it proves to be practicle, reliable and cost efficiant. The problem, for some of us, comes when global warming is used like a sledge hammer to force a change in behaviour regardless of the price or science behind it.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_dog_guy View Post
    I have found a subscription to Science Magazine, the premier scientific journal in the United States, published by the American Association for the Advancement of Science, is a far better place to learn about anything scientific - including global warming - than most other sources. Especially press reports.
    I subscribe to Scientific American, who did a very good article on volcanic activity about a year ago. It's not hard to pick out the agenda driven articles as they show in the footnotes as authored by someone who is grant dependent. They also are generally heavy on hyperbole & short on factual substantiation for same.

Quote Originally Posted by saltmarsh View Post
    Even the UN, that last bastion of hope for a perfect world for those of you on the left, has admitted that climate change may be influenced more by nature than human activity. Heartening news for those of us that don't believe that a scientific theory is reached merely by consensus.
    That being said, who wouldn't be for green technology IF it proves to be practicle, reliable and cost efficient. The problem, for some of us, comes when global warming is used like a sledge hammer to force a change in behavior regardless of the price or science behind it.
    The goal of the political class is to create an issue, talk a lot about it, extract funds from the program created & then allow the issue to solve itself, as it would have had the political class not become involved. They will then take full credit for seeing the issue & creating the solutions that would have happened without their help(?).

The free market through Science & Technology have come a long way in my time. I often marvel at the contribution of the Scientists & Engineers to the better life we enjoy today. If global warming were to prove to be caused by human activity, I am sure the aforementioned groups (not politicians) of individuals can present solutions to the issue.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Thanks for the tip!
    BTW, a waste of bandwidth? Really? I haven't heard a complaint from anyone or read an article about bandwidth being in jeopardy of being exceeded in ohhhh 6 or 8 years.
    Actually, the upgrades that seemed to cure the '509 bandwidth exceeded'
    message occured a little over a year ago.
    Links to drudge, however, while not exceeding bandwidth, are as I stated, a waste of bandwidth.

In my opinion of course,
    JD