The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin story a scam GDG

Default Sarah Palin story a scam GDG

Looks like MSNBC was duped about the story that McCain campaign insiders stated that Palin didn't know that Africa was a continent, etc. Of course I checked cnn.com and msnbc.com and neither were running this story. It's only worth reporting if you can try to make a conservative out to be an idiot. Oh well.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/11...n-story-duped/
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    Looks like MSNBC was duped about the story that McCain campaign insiders stated that Palin didn't know that Africa was a continent, etc. http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/11...n-story-duped/
    Who's the dummy now

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Johndrow View Post
    Who's the dummy now
    Read the story that was cited. The retraction only concerned MSNBC's identification of the source for the FOX News story about Palin's (lack of) knowledge about Africa. FOX has not retracted its original story and presumably believes it to be true as emphasized in the story referenced.

Actually it was FOX that broke the story that McCain aids said that Palin didn't know that Africa was a continent. Then Palin did some interviews and stated how wrong she thought it was that she had to defend herself against accusations from folks who wouldn't even identify themselves. Then comes this Martin Eisenstadt out of the woodwork taking credit for the story about Africa, claiming to be part of the debate prep team. MSNBC ran with the story, and it turned out to be bogus.

So it hasn't exactly been proven that the Africa story is bogus, a story that FOX broke, not MSNBC. But it has been shown that this guy that came out after Palin complained about un-named sources was a hoax, MSNBC's mess.

Trying to help in the worst way...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Actually it was FOX that broke the story that McCain aids said that Palin didn't know that Africa was a continent. Then Palin did some interviews and stated how wrong she thought it was that she had to defend herself against accusations from folks who wouldn't even identify themselves. Then comes this Martin Eisenstadt out of the woodwork taking credit for the story about Africa, claiming to be part of the debate prep team. MSNBC ran with the story, and it turned out to be bogus.

So it hasn't exactly been proven that the Africa story is bogus, a story that FOX broke, not MSNBC. But it has been shown that this guy that came out after Palin complained about un-named sources was a hoax, MSNBC's mess.

Also, the "un-named sources" were fired as advisors 1 to 2 weeks before the election. Sounds like they either had dis-guntled employees or a mole.
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Evidently you have no idea how pathetic you sound, clinging desperately to what is just a bunch of political garbage designed to make someone on the other side look bad. It is rampant on both sides of the aisle and shouldn't be supported or condoned by any of us, regardless of our politics. It's no different than the "Obama's a muslim" rubbish that was floating around a while back.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

I just hope and pray that Palin becomes a prominent face and voice for the Republican Party going forward. I will enjoy every second of it.

If stating the fact as they stand make me look pathetic to some, then I couldn't give a $H!.. less.
    Last edited by Buzz; 11-13-2008 at 09:41 AM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

I just hope and pray that Palin becomes a prominent face and voice for the Republican Party going forward. I will enjoy every second of it.

If stating the fact as they stand make me look pathetic to some, then I couldn't give a $H!.. less.
    80% approval rating from Repubs
    46% approval rating from indies
    and thats this close to an election in which she was on the losing team and all this other CRAP has been floating around about her. Those are damn good numbers for her at this point. If she can get out there a bit more and let people see her, those numbers could easily go up(or down lol) . I am not sure at this point she would be my choice for pres but I sure would support the next person picking her as the vp running mate again.

Banned

Wink

Palin For President In 2012!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Bama needs to try to get Palin on his advisory committee so he can ask her about things he doesn't know about. She has a lot more experience then him. Maybe he will be more qualified than her in 4 years. Maybe not!
    Quote = "Maybe the "nice and helpful" don't know enough to know the original poster is an idiot." Achiro_Jan. 09

I don't own a dog. I'm a cat person. I'm only here for the GDG!
    Formerly known as WAH, W, Dubya & Dubaya