The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: And So It Begins

  1. #1
    Senior Member dback's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    arizona
    Posts
    956

    Default And So It Begins

    Arizona HB 2833 is a new bill introduced that requires all 'Handgun and Assault Weapon' bullets to have a seriel number ID on each round of Ammo. Penalty for tampering with the seriel number is a Class 3 Misdemeanor......bet that'll have the 'Armed Robbery and Murder' suspects shaking in their boots!

  2. #2
    Senior Member subroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dover, New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    We should be hearing about that “necessary first step” from the law makers any day now.

    http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/legtext/48leg/2r/bills/hb2833p.htm


  3. #3
    Senior Member dback's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    arizona
    Posts
    956

    Default

    In fairness....it probably will never make it to the Govs desk even with the new members of the Legislature, but our lesbo, anti, gov WOULD sign it if it did make it there. Guess that would make me a BG by reloading....wonder what manufacturer would make 'AZ specific' ammo.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    Arizona HB 2833 is a new bill introduced that requires all 'Handgun and Assault Weapon' bullets to have a seriel number ID on each round of Ammo. Penalty for tampering with the seriel number is a Class 3 Misdemeanor......bet that'll have the 'Armed Robbery and Murder' suspects shaking in their boots!
    What's the downside to this?

  5. #5
    Senior Member Gun_Dog2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Mohawk Valley
    Posts
    8,642

    Default

    Beginning january 1, 2009, a manufacturer shall code all handgun and ASSAULT weapon AMMUNITION that is manufactured or sold in this state. This section applies to all calibers.
    So what constitutes an Assault Weapon?

    /Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

    Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

    https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    202

    Default

    I'm sure everyone has a different definition for assault weapon. But, this deals with serial numbers on bullets. What's wrong with that?

  7. #7
    Senior Member subroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dover, New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M Remington View Post
    I'm sure everyone has a different definition for assault weapon. But, this deals with serial numbers on bullets. What's wrong with that?
    We generally make laws for a reason. What makes this law necessary? This will surely burden sportsmen and gun owners with additional costs for ammunition. Why is that even needed?

    Feel free to take up the gun control side of the argument.


  8. #8
    Senior Member dback's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    arizona
    Posts
    956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M Remington View Post
    I'm sure everyone has a different definition for assault weapon. But, this deals with serial numbers on bullets. What's wrong with that?
    T he seriel # will have no effect on CRIMINALS!!!!!!!!!

    R eloaders will not be able to practice their hobby!!!!!

    O nly the good guys will be effected!!!!!

    L ikely no one will manufacture Arizona Specific Ammo at a reasonable price!!!!!!

    L eaves almost all hunting ammo in play (even goose loads)!!!!!

  9. #9
    Senior Member Gun_Dog2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Mohawk Valley
    Posts
    8,642

    Default

    My question would be......How will it help track criminals any better? For the most part if a criminal drives to aother town, pays cash and walks out, the number won't help track him down. It will tell them when the bullet was made and where it was shipped, nothing more. Did you notice they are going to charge the ammo makers the cost for it on each bullet.. and the ammo makers will have to create new machines to even do that work. Seems to me its all about putting cost on the manufacturers...


    /Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

    Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

    https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

  10. #10
    Senior Member dback's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    arizona
    Posts
    956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    My question would be......How will it help track criminals any better? For the most part if a criminal drives to aother town, pays cash and walks out, the number won't help track him down. It will tell them when the bullet was made and where it was shipped, nothing more. Did you notice they are going to charge the ammo makers the cost for it on each bullet.. and the ammo makers will have to create new machines to even do that work. Seems to me its all about putting cost on the manufacturers...


    /Paul
    Actually...in the full text of the bill it says that there must be a matching seriel # on the casing/brass. Therefore, machines would have too be reworked for the brass also. I can see it now.... a Police Officer would need to dissassemble a round to see if the seriel # on the brass and projectile base match. Gonna get pretty hard to read those numbers on the base of a .224 projectile after very many of them have been produced

Similar Threads

  1. Obama Begins His Own Legacy of Rendition (and torture?)
    By AmiableLabs in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-28-2009, 08:59 AM
  2. And so it begins
    By kona's mom in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-10-2009, 04:48 PM
  3. So now the shinola begins eh?
    By Uncle Bill in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 09:42 AM
  4. The adventure begins!!!
    By Tim Thomas in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-29-2008, 07:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •