The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: What is wrong with this situation??

Default What is wrong with this situation??

I just opened out of curiosity "THE JUDGES CHAIR" forum. I don't open this often due to being in Alaska, and we get very few outside judges from the lower 48 unless we pay $1500-2000 for their expenses, which we do each summer. I am shocked to see the last post was from August. Is there not any interest in announcing that you are a qualified judge willing to accept judging assignments, or are judges so pleantyful in the lower 48 that assignments are easily filled without searching for new blood? I'm just kinda surprised at the lack of activity on this forum. Bud
    Last edited by Bud Bass; 11-16-2008 at 03:47 PM.

Its easier to just use the same old judges.

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Good or bad.
    HOME OF:
    Waterspook Sables Dark Secret, MH (Sable)
    Trumarcs Bankshot Bandit, MH ( Fats)
    Waterspook Tomfoolery, SH ( Tommie)
    IN MEMORY OF::
    Waterspook Bankshot Whiz Bang,JH (Jesse)
    Waterspooks Girl Named Bill, SH ( Billie- my princess.....)
    Waterspook Kickin' Gunshot, SH ( Boom)
    Waterspook Kickin' Good Time MH(Kick)
    Waterspooks Partner In Crime, SH ( Bouncer)
    Brush Creek Waterspook, JH, WC- my first girl.(Spooky)

If you need me I would love to come to Alaska and judge for you!!!! Just drop me a line.
    ________
    Anime Video
    Last edited by Eddie Sullivan; 03-20-2011 at 06:36 PM.

Roy has run under just about as many judges as anybody. People call him from all times zones seeking advice. I would trust any of his recommendations. I ran in Alaska under Boyd Woodward, Boyd Woodward, Bill Davis, Mary Knapp RFTN. If you can get Jack V once a year, you are doing better then the lower 48. You have enjoyed some great judges, but any would get tired of long days and many stakes. Anyone that wants some great trial experience should brake open piggy bank , and offer services ( Mark P I expect would not expense).

I don't want the meaning of my post to be misinterperted. I just used Alaska as an example. What really concerns me is that this could be a vauable resource for all clubs in getting judges for their events and it does not seem to be used to any where near its full potential. I was very surprised to see that the last post on it was way back in August. Bud

Have book will travel……
    I think a lot of people just don’t want to “blow” their own horn so to speak. Others are just filled up with assignments. I think a lot of things changed with the gas prices going sky high and people were using the “same old judges” for cost concerns. Some time back it was pretty active and then it just kind of died off. Maybe a better idea would be a sticky at the top where judges could make a one time post so people would know who was out there and how to contact them. I have not seen a club place a post on there looking for judges in some time either. Now that gas is down below the $2 mark some clubs might take advantage and get some new faces in the chair. Even with gas prices, flying in a judge, at least here in the lower 48 (or 50 if your BHO), is still affordable when compared to gas prices. We are flying in Chris A for our HRC test and the airfare is going to be about the same as gas for those driving in (unless gas continues to fall).
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by akblackdawg View Post
    I just opened out of curiosity "THE JUDGES CHAIR" forum. I don't open this often due to being in Alaska, and we get very few outside judges from the lower 48 unless we pay $1500-2000 for their expenses, which we do each summer.
    If you followed ftretrieverjudge.net you would notice that AK is not posted as I believe you have a unique set of circumstances because of transport.

I am shocked to see the last post was from August. Is there not any interest in announcing that you are a qualified judge willing to accept judging assignments,
    The qualified are not in the business of "tooting their own horn", so to speak. It's not hard to find good judges in the lower 48 if one practices a little due diligence & therein lies the rub.

or are judges so pleantyful in the lower 48 that assignments are easily filled without searching for new blood? I'm just kinda surprised at the lack of activity on this forum. Bud
    It's not hard to find someone with the prerequisite book, pencil & camouflage rain gear. It becomes much harder if you expect them to have a modicum of experience with dogs in the field & a measurable level of success in applying same.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!