The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Hey Remington....

Hi everyone, I've read this entire thread. I don't want to particularly comment on the religious aspect but the leaning of the conversation about race and such. I was wondering how you all felt about a question I had. This past presidential election voters by percentage were whites 55% for McCain, whites 45% for Obama. Blacks 95% for Obama %5 for McCain. Without getting into the fact that Blacks are predominately registered as Democrats lets present a different scenario. Lets say this election involved the last Democraticlly popular Bill Clinton versus Obama. My contention is that the vote would be virtual identical as far as the black vote. Thus leading to ask who is more racist. My belief is that this country will never be considered unracist when/if the black vote under those cicumstances were split equally as the white vote was for McCain. Just curiuos how you all felt.
    Not looking for a fight just possible viewpoints.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire N Ice View Post
    Hi everyone, I've read this entire thread. I don't want to particularly comment on the religious aspect but the leaning of the conversation about race and such. I was wondering how you all felt about a question I had. This past presidential election voters by percentage were whites 55% for McCain, whites 45% for Obama. Blacks 95% for Obama %5 for McCain. Without getting into the fact that Blacks are predominately registered as Democrats lets present a different scenario. Lets say this election involved the last Democraticlly popular Bill Clinton versus Obama. My contention is that the vote would be virtual identical as far as the black vote. Thus leading to ask who is more racist. My belief is that this country will never be considered unracist when/if the black vote under those cicumstances were split equally as the white vote was for McCain. Just curiuos how you all felt.
    Your observation is correct.
    SEMPER FI . FROM MY COLD , DEAD HANDS .

www.bashakilllabradors.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fire N Ice View Post

I wouldn't know I don't see color. I see everyone as clear, odorless, and tasteless. I live in the new America

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    I wouldn't know I don't see color. I see everyone as clear, odorless, and tasteless. I live in the new America
    Get stuck in line at Wal-Mart and you will know that ;

1- there is an odor
    2 -there is tasteless
    3- color don't apply to 1 & 2
    SEMPER FI . FROM MY COLD , DEAD HANDS .

www.bashakilllabradors.com

Is the new America you live in without racial predudice be it people of non color predudice of people of color or people of color predudice of people of non color. My question is hypothetical. If Bill Clinton were to have been allowed to run after 8 years for re-election ( no such thing as party affiliation) and with voters having the full knowledge that he is a two term president, would the black vote in your opinion have been the same.

Which bubble is that?
    Mimi Cary Drake
    Zipmarc Retrievers
    Just Train Your Dog ~ Rex Carr

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedog View Post
    Actually, there was a very lengthy Newsweek article about this exact topic in 2005. I don't have the time to look it up because I am at work right now, and even if I did, I don't care enough about this topic to waste my time. Just providing a source that everyone who is curious about this subject can reference if they are so inclined.

Under "works cited," I would put Newsweek under "magazines"
    To put this in perspective. My post was in response to another turrets like post that made a statistical claim about a large group of people. All I said was that the underlying factors for those numbers did not support what was claimed .

Anyway to illustrate what I was saying:

http://sitemaker.umich.edu/salas.356..._better_grades

Notice as the percentage of poverty goes up the scores go down. Strongly suggesting that environment is a factor.

If you believe that and take these numbers into consideration:

What are some of the characteristics of officially poor children in America?
    Poverty is especially prevalent among black, Latino, and American Indian children.
    Child poverty nationwide, by race, 2005
    Enlarge

Figure 2: Child poverty nationwide, by race, 2005

* 35% of black children live in poor families. In the 10 most populated states, rates of child poverty among black children range from 20% in New Jersey to 43% in Ohio.
    * 28% of Latino children live in poor families. In the 10 most populated states, rates of child poverty among Latino children range from 20% in New Jersey, Florida, and Illinois to 35% in Texas.
    * 29% of American Indian and 11% of Asian children live in poor families (comparable state comparisons are not possible due to small sample sizes).
    * 10% of white children live in poor families. In the 10 most populated states, rates of child poverty among white children range from 4% in New Jersey to 12% in Georgia.
    http://www.nccp.org/publications/pub_684.html

This could explain and seems to suggest why blacks would score lower on proficiency tests than whites. Economics.

To suggest that genetics or racial inferiority plays a role ( as has been suggested) based on a conversation with a friend or a Newsweek article. Reveals more about the intelligence of the person making the statement rather than the kids.
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

The research
    http://www.indiana.edu/~intell/jensen.shtml

My point about not being able to discuss without being jumped on
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...46/ai_15988903

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    "The American Psychological Association's report Intelligence: Knowns and Unknowns[15]
    Jeff - I don't have a lot of faith in those whose results are hard to measure. Though they may be very intelligent, they remind me of economists, only citing those areas where their conclusions fit the result.

By virtue of the luck of my birth, my schooling, and my employment,
    All my fellow 4th graders in Jacobus School, Sanborn County, SD also received engineering degrees, 1 attaining a Doctorate in Geological Engineering. We were taught by a lady who had graduated from HS that spring & spent 12 weeks in Normal School that summer. Is that something that is a quotable statistic - I don't think so,

We were all dirt poor, the only thing that was common is our parents (in my case - grandparents) were as responsible as you could be in the early '40s.

The chance of a person of higher IQ rising above their environment is greater than it is for those not endowed with that tool. In reverse, the chance of a person attaining a higher station because of their environmental circumstance is higher because they are learning from a stable atmosphere. JMO

with his IQ of about 115,
    That IQ will get you a teaching position in many K-12 programs. It is a fairly standard IQ of the K-12 establishment.

Now, we could discuss MENSA, the brightest 1% who in general do not use the gift they were given, why's that?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

There is no doubt that scholastic tests scores are socio-economic. Regardless of color. No grand statement of fact being revealed here.
    I chose to pose my question on this thread rather than start a new one because discussion dealt with subject matter of race. My question has nothing to do with IQ, test scores or the like. If Presidential elections were held like a high school election, everyone same pot primary, top two to general, and term limits nonexistent would the black vote have fallen out the same Obama versus any president of your choosing (after allready having served) Washington, Lincoln, Roosevelt, Reagan, Clinton whomever. I contend IMO that it would. Thoughts?