The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Hey Remington....

Quote Originally Posted by Fire N Ice View Post
    Marvin it is true that teachers unions are in the bag for the Dems. So your saying that teachers unions protect bad teachers, and vouchers are unavailable for removal of those students by parents whom although unlearned scholasticlly have the good common sense to deire their child better than they had, but are unafforded the opportunity because of the system?
    I say the entire system is bad, just not the teachers, though some may be. Leadership is all important. They've done the experiment several places & really helped those children, but are then shot down by the Teachers Union leaders. Polly Williams in Milwaukee, the Quakers in the Southern states are limited examples.

If you have an interest in race, read some of the books by Thomas Sowell, an economist who happens to be Black, Conservative & very intelligent. The books are a good read. He talks of Dunbar HS, Washington, DC prior to the welfare mentality & how a 1st class institution was driven into mediocrity by the system.

I for one believe there to be no race based lack of mental capacity. I see to many intelligent individuals of all races. Though I do believe initiative to better oneself may be because of ingrained perceptions.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
    Of course you would, Marv. The question that should be asked is "What is wrong with the Republican Party that it can only attract 5% of a given demographic?" Joe S.
    Lib Speak - Why don't you make your party like ours & then we can compete on the give aways? We are there & it's not working. There has not been an acceptable Republican running since Goldwater. We only vote for the Elephants because the Donkeys are much woooooorse.

Now I'm speaking of the children, our future leaders, should'nt we try to make them productive? I will stick by my original statement which I have taken the liberty of including.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    What I would ask is "Why would a demographic vote En Masse for a party that does not want to see their children get a fair shake?"
    Last edited by Marvin S; 11-20-2008 at 11:12 PM.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
    Of course you would, Marv. The question that should be asked is "What is wrong with the Republican Party that it can only attract 5% of a given demographic?"

It is easy to blame the color of the skin of the voters. It is much more difficult for the Party Leadership to take the good long look in the mirror and see real problem...and then have the courage to take their party back.

Ray Charles Can See The Problem And He Is Blind And Dead Regards,

Joe S.
    Joe my observation has nothing to do with party politics, thats my point. My observation is limited to the fact that when racism is spoken of in this country that a most typical response to racism is that is people of non-color being racist of people of color. This election serves to me to say that the people of non-color chose a person of color by a margin of 45% to 55% a colorless vote. Whereas the black vote was not colorless. So I proposed the hypothetical. IMO if Ray himself would have run those numbers would have been the same. Racism would only seem to me to be unpresent if the day comes that the identical election were to occur and the black vote were to be equally colorless.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire N Ice View Post
    Joe my observation has nothing to do with party politics, thats my point. My observation is limited to the fact that when racism is spoken of in this country that a most typical response to racism is that is people of non-color being racist of people of color. This election serves to me to say that the people of non-color chose a person of color by a margin of 45% to 55% a colorless vote. Whereas the black vote was not colorless. So I proposed the hypothetical. IMO if Ray himself would have run those numbers would have been the same. Racism would only seem to me to be unpresent if the day comes that the identical election were to occur and the black vote were to be equally colorless.
    I agree totally