The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: GDG.. The Boss

  1. #1
    Senior Member Paul Kartes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Harvard, IL
    Posts
    197

    Default GDG.. The Boss

    I found this in the comment section of a local article talking about
    how CA unemployment is 8.3%... Third highest in the nation..
    As the CEO of this business that employees 140 people, I have resigned
    myself to the fact that Barrack Obama is our next President, and that
    our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way. To
    compensate for these increases, I figure that the Clients would have
    to see an increase in our fees to them of about 8% but since we cannot
    increase our fees right now due to the dismal state of our economy, we
    will have to lay off eight of our employees instead. This has really
    been eating at me for a while, as we believe we are family here and I
    didn't know how to choose who will have to go. So, this is what I did.

    I strolled through our parking lot and found 8 Obama bumper stickers
    on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the first
    to be laid off.
    I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem. These folks
    wanted change; I gave it to them. If you have a better idea, let me
    know.

    Sincerely, The Boss!
    Paul Kartes
    Lakota Retrievers

  2. #2
    Senior Member backpasture's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The Green Mountain State
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Wow! This sounds just like the Bush Administration! Use ideology to determine who you hire and fire, and don't worry about job performance or competency.

    "Brownie, you're doing a heckuva job."

    Great parable.
    The United States Imports 70% of Our Oil.
    What's the Plan?

  3. #3
    Senior Member Legacy 6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Minnesota!!
    Posts
    425

    Default

    BP, are you always so cheerful or do you put that burr under your saddle yourself when you wake up in the morning... jeez.

    And people around here think I have a bad sense of humor.

    When you hit your "Funny Bone" do you laugh or cry, or just blame it on Bush?

    Good grief regards
    Richard
    Legacy 6

    Legacy's Lady Jade "Jade" (d. 23JUNE08)
    Legacy's Tallgrass of Natoma "Natti"

  4. #4
    Senior Member Bruce MacPherson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jewell, Ore
    Posts
    1,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy 6 View Post
    BP, are you always so cheerful or do you put that burr under your saddle yourself when you wake up in the morning... jeez.

    And people around here think I have a bad sense of humor.

    When you hit your "Funny Bone" do you laugh or cry, or just blame it on Bush?

    Good grief regards
    And he's a real hoot at parties too.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

  5. #5
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Kartes View Post
    I found this in the comment section of a local article talking about
    how CA unemployment is 8.3%... Third highest in the nation..
    As the CEO of this business that employees 140 people, I have resigned
    myself to the fact that Barrack Obama is our next President, and that
    our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way. To
    compensate for these increases, I figure that the Clients would have
    to see an increase in our fees to them of about 8% but since we cannot
    increase our fees right now due to the dismal state of our economy, we
    will have to lay off eight of our employees instead. This has really
    been eating at me for a while, as we believe we are family here and I
    didn't know how to choose who will have to go. So, this is what I did.

    I strolled through our parking lot and found 8 Obama bumper stickers
    on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the first
    to be laid off.
    I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem. These folks
    wanted change; I gave it to them. If you have a better idea, let me
    know.

    Sincerely, The Boss!
    Yes, I have a better idea. If due to economic restraints, I were forced to lay off part of my work force, it would be based on performance assesments and not on my employee's politics. The ability to produce results, increased sales for instance, would be more important to me and my bottom line, than what bumper sticker they displayed on their car.
    Are you really in business?... or just a nattering na-bob? (Thx, S. Agnew)

    JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 12-04-2008 at 11:59 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  6. #6
    Senior Member Matt McKenzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,683

    Default

    You can always spot the liberal by the big hole where the sense of humor is supposed to be.
    Matt McKenzie

    "Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

  7. #7
    Senior Member subroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dover, New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    You can always spot the liberal by the big hole where the sense of humor is supposed to be.
    chuckling

  8. #8
    Senior Member SMITTYSSGTUSMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    OCEANSIDE CA
    Posts
    497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    You can always spot the liberal by the big hole where the sense of humor is supposed to be.
    yup, yup, yup LMAO
    WTF WAS WE THINKING I.E American Voters

  9. #9
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,568

    Default

    It was funny the first time,

    http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...228#post354228

    Is it supposed to be funny everytime it gets reposted?

    In all fairness, I guess it could be. I know I get a chuckle from the list of Bush-ism's every time it gets reposted.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  10. #10
    Senior Member Legacy 6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Minnesota!!
    Posts
    425

    Default

    JDogger, are you always so cheerful or do you put that burr under your saddle yourself when you wake up in the morning... jeez.

    And people around here think I have a bad sense of humor...?

    When you hit your "Funny Bone" do you laugh or cry, or just blame it on Bush?

    Good grief regards
    Richard
    Legacy 6

    Legacy's Lady Jade "Jade" (d. 23JUNE08)
    Legacy's Tallgrass of Natoma "Natti"

Similar Threads

  1. Some new pics of Boss...
    By Sundown49 aka Otey B in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-10-2009, 02:33 PM
  2. They're everywhere Boss GDG
    By Illinois Bob in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-08-2009, 08:29 PM
  3. Letter From The Boss...
    By luvmylabs23139 in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-16-2009, 07:05 AM
  4. watermark's The Boss
    By backwater retrievers in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-28-2008, 11:27 PM
  5. Watermark's The Boss
    By Russ in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-15-2008, 09:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •