The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coleman vs. Franken ?????

Default Coleman vs. Franken ?????

You guys in Mn still counting? Is Franken that popular?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Is Franken that popular? Not in my neck of the woods. I did see a map from the CNN site that broke down the election by county. I will try to find it.
    Last edited by dlsweep; 11-18-2008 at 11:43 AM.

They're double-counting for Franken bringing back memories of hanging chad.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/res...vidual/#mapSMN

Keep in mind that approximately 1/2 of the population resides in the seven county metro area.

This is a state that brought you Paul Wellstone. Minnesota is extremely liberal, the republicans here are pretty much just moderate Democrats. I do like the Governor though.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Franken aka Stuart Smalley is a real loose cannon, he belongs in the Senate about as much as Fat Michael Moore.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Let me explain what's going on. The NorthEastern part of Minnesota is Iron Mining (Taconite), hence Union Labor, Hence Democrat for the most part. Unfortunately the mentality ( in a very pro hunting / pro gun region) is vote strictly by party line even if the craziest, dumbest, most unfit SOB is running on the ticket! Sorry to say these are not thinking people looking at the issues, it's strictly I'm a Democrat so I have to vote for all Democrates even if there's someone else running that would better match my view on the issues. I'm sorry, but that's the way it is up here.

Dennis

P.S. I'm PRO GUN / PRO HUNTING and I vote for those who best match my views on the issues. Coleman will win!

Quote Originally Posted by DEN/TRU/CRU View Post
    Let me explain what's going on. The NorthEastern part of Minnesota is Iron Mining (Taconite), hence Union Labor, Hence Democrat for the most part. Unfortunately the mentality ( in a very pro hunting / pro gun region) is vote strictly by party line even if the craziest, dumbest, most unfit SOB is running on the ticket! Sorry to say these are not thinking people looking at the issues, it's strictly I'm a Democrat so I have to vote for all Democrates even if there's someone else running that would better match my view on the issues. I'm sorry, but that's the way it is up here.

Dennis

P.S. I'm PRO GUN / PRO HUNTING and I vote for those who best match my views on the issues. Coleman will win!
    That explains it. I wondered why Minn. was consistently blue(besides the cold). That is the the way it is around here pro-gun, pro-life, but pro-union takes precedence over everything.
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    You guys in Mn still counting? Is Franken that popular?
    Franken has a chance and isn't the airhead most believe him to be. The best choice was Barkley. The recount is mandatory and the numbers will change. Coleman was a good for the city of St.Paul as mayor but has been a lapdog as a senator and a real dissapointment. I have a hard time trusting people that change parties like they change underwear. He knew he would not get the dem endorsement for gov a few years back and switched to become the new rep golden boy. That fiascoe gave us Jesse. He should go, but the alternative??? This was the most ugly race we have ever experienced here and it turned off a lot of people and again it is a shame Barkley did not win.

I feel Coleman will pull it out unless the courts allow ALL of the absentee ballots in question to be counted. They are from Mpls and most likley heavy toward the Dem's. If he does I hope he works to become a better Senator for us.

The question came up at the Master National about all of the Obama and Franken signs seen around the range. I explained the union infuence held over from the 20's and how slow they are to change to independent thought. But then, sheep following the party line is pretty universal and nation wide.

No decision till the new year regards
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

On our recent drive through Minnesota before the election we saw the Franken signs everywhere.As usual while on vacation we sometimes bring back souveniers.I figured Al Franken was kind of a joke and my brother has a sense of humor so I thought maybe I would bring him back one of those signs so he would have a piece of history and something to laugh at at the same time.The thought actually crossed my mind about taking one but my conservative values kicked in and I let them all be(chickened out).I took this photo instead.It's a good thing too because after that I saw all those people in the news getting in serious trouble for that.