The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Coleman vs. Franken ?????

Here's an example of a ballot that Franken wants thrown out:

http://blogs2.startribune.com/blogs/...r-in-plymouth/

You folks in Minnesota need to take a lesson from Washington State. In the 2004 governors race re-count new ballots were found 18 different times, many from the same place. These "misplaced" ballots changed the winner. When the other party contested the re-count results in court, the court found that indeed, voter fraud had taken place. The other party appealed the verdict to the state Supreme Court that found that indeed voter fraud had taken place but that voter fraud was no reason to overturn an election.

Guess which party won the governors race and what the party affiliation was for the supreme court justices that stated that voter fraud was not a reason to overturn the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Johnson View Post
    You folks in Minnesota need to take a lesson from Washington State. In the 2004 governors race re-count new ballots were found 18 different times, many from the same place. These "misplaced" ballots changed the winner. When the other party contested the re-count results in court, the court found that indeed, voter fraud had taken place. The other party appealed the verdict to the state Supreme Court that found that indeed voter fraud had taken place but that voter fraud was no reason to overturn an election.

Guess which party won the governors race and what the party affiliation was for the supreme court justices that stated that voter fraud was not a reason to overturn the election.
    Thank goodness we are not Washington State.

Mandatory Recount Regards
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post

Hew, the St.Paul Pioneer Press showed almost the exact same ballot only the vote was for Franken and Coleman people challanged it.

The re-count judges have had a talk with all of the " observers " to explain the challange proceedure and to please not waste everyones time with crap like this. The re-count people are doing a great job and putting up with a lot from both sides. Only a real idiot will not be satisfied when the re-count is finalized. Both men want to emerge the winner and will be satisfied with the effort put forth.. What is going on now is politics and not unexpected. Silly, but not unexpected.

Every Coin Has Two Sides Regards
    Last edited by Golddogs; 11-21-2008 at 10:19 AM.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

I thought this one was much more interesting. It shows ballots that are challenged by both sides. My prediction, a lot of the ballots being challenged by either side will in the end by counted by the canvassing board. Both sides are pushing their luck.

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/fea...enged_ballots/
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I thought this one was much more interesting. It shows ballots that are challenged by both sides. My prediction, a lot of the ballots being challenged by either side will in the end by counted by the canvassing board. Both sides are pushing their luck.

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/fea...enged_ballots/
    That was a very interesting set of examples. My "votes" were consistent with the majority in each case. I wonder how the canvass panel will rule on the same ones. So far there have not been a lot of challenges. I suspect almost all will be thrown out.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I suspect almost all will be thrown out.
    I would hope. Any hooplehead too stupid to bubble a circle should be disenfranchised on principle.

I would hope. Any hooplehead too stupid to bubble a circle should be disenfranchised on principle.
    I meant the challenges, not the ballots. The law says that if the voter's intent is clear the vote must be counted. During the recount votes are being changed by the counters on a regular basis whether there is a challenge or not. With 23% of votes counted the difference is now 160 votes. If all challenges are rejected, the difference would be about 90 votes since Coleman is challenging about 50% more times than Franken. I still believe this election will hinge on the review of rejected absentee ballots.

Thar ya go! And if ya live in Florida, ya learn what a hooplehead is every time there's an election. Heh heh heh heh

Unfortunately, Hew...the peoples republic of Minesoooooooota probably has several on that recount board.

But it speaks volumns eh? How the hayel could a freak like Franken become the standard bearer for the DFL??? Apparently they've been drinking the lutefisk lye. Who woulda thunk Ole, Lena, and Sven could be duped that easily?

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

UB,

Thanks for your support for the great citizens of Minnesota.

Don't worry, with either Senator we'll still keep doing our part to subsidize your state's existence with our federal tax dollars.

Do you really want us to stop drinking the lye???