The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Coleman vs. Franken ?????

Since so many seem so interested, fair and balanced MN recount stuff also at http://minnesota.publicradio.org/col...enate/recount/

with, as buzz previously noted, a bunch of ballot examples at: http://minnesota.publicradio.org/fea...enged_ballots/
    Last edited by Henry V; 11-20-2008 at 09:01 PM.

Who woulda thunk Ole, Lena, and Sven could be duped that easily?
    Minnesotans' political acumen has historically been so
    spot-on, what with their reverence of such notable political big-thinkers as Hubert Humprey, Fritz Mondale, Jesse Ventura and Garrison Keillor. Oh yeah, I'm stunned that those brainiacs are on the verge of electing a flaming liberal comic (allegedly) to the US Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Minnesotans' political acumen has historically been so
    spot-on, what with their reverence of such notable political big-thinkers as Hubert Humprey, Fritz Mondale, Jesse Ventura and Garrison Keillor. Oh yeah, I'm stunned that those brainiacs are on the verge of electing a flaming liberal comic (allegedly) to the US Senate.
    You hit the nail on the head. You forgot Paul Wellstone. Is't like the UAW formed a state.

I would hope. Any hooplehead too stupid to bubble a circle should be disenfranchised on principle.
    Careful Hew, your hanging chad's are showing.

Not so easy to color in an oval while shaking from the cold regards
    Last edited by Golddogs; 11-21-2008 at 03:14 PM.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    UB,

Thanks for your support for the great citizens of Minnesota.

Don't worry, with either Senator we'll still keep doing our part to subsidize your state's existence with our federal tax dollars.

Do you really want us to stop drinking the lye???

Wouldn't think of it, Henry. Bet it goes well with all that kool-aid you folks have been guzzling...

BTW, how is this years crop of lutefisk? Is that a 'farmed' product?...or does the "old country" send you a care package for the holidays?

Keep the $$$$ coming. Always happy to hear how much you libs enjoy sharing the wealth. It's how you live, and I for one am appreciative. You get your jollys by sharing, we enjoy reciprocating by receiving. Wot a country eh?

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Hew and Hoosier,
    Yes, given the nature of the people here and their ability to make decisions, it is amazing this state even still exists.

What's even more amazing is that demographers expect the state to grow far more than any other state in the upper Midwest in the next 30 years. Go figure that a state like this could maintain a relatively healthy and diverse economy, with model health care and education systems, and a good quality of life, etc., etc., even though we have "high taxes", "big government" and are a net exporter of federal tax dollars.

Chuck, since some of these folks seem well aware of the politicians this state has produced, do any politicians from their states come readily to mind? ..... Me either. Also, aren't you glad to see that at least some of the riffraff still has no interest in living here?

UB,
    Great response but I need to make a point of clarification. I never said that I "enjoyed" subsidize your state's existence with my federal tax dollars. I just stated the facts. Do not assume I enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Hew and Hoosier,
    Yes, given the nature of the people here and their ability to make decisions, it is amazing this state even still exists.

What's even more amazing is that demographers expect the state to grow far more than any other state in the upper Midwest in the next 30 years. Go figure that a state like this could maintain a relatively healthy and diverse economy, with model health care and education systems, and a good quality of life, etc., etc., even though we have "high taxes", "big government" and are a net exporter of federal tax dollars.

Chuck, since some of these folks seem well aware of the politicians this state has produced, do any politicians from their states come readily to mind? ..... Me either. Also, aren't you glad to see that at least some of the riffraff still has no interest in living here?
    I live in MN it's my wifes home state. This population growth your talking about is going to be due in large part to MN being a welfare magnet state, and the breeding that goes along with that class of people. It's the politicians that we're named who are responsible for this welfare mentality. So what we have now is a state that will break under the weight of it's own social programs once the population gets to that point. The cold used to keep the riff raff out, but we gave enough money and now they will put up with it. Drive down Lake street in the winter, the population seems to be half what it is in the summer. Working people go out no matter what the weather.
    Last edited by Hoosier; 11-21-2008 at 12:09 PM.

I would hope. Any hooplehead too stupid to bubble a circle should be disenfranchised on principle.
    What's a hooplehead?

I'm A Poor Excuse For A Cunning Linguist Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

What's even more amazing is that demographers expect the state to grow far more than any other state in the upper Midwest in the next 30 years.
    Wow. An amazing achievement, that. That's akin to the Indian Chief bragging that he's the least gay member of Village People (not that there's anything wrong with that ).