The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Coleman vs. Franken ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Careful Hew, your hanging chad's are showing.

Not so easy to color in an oval while shaking from the cold reagards
    LOL. And wearing thick mittens to boot. Touche.

Hey, I have equal disdain for idiots in all geographical regions. If a New Jerseyite transplant is too dumb to vote using a punch card in West Palm then they should be chased out of the polls with a stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
    What's a hooplehead?

I'm A Poor Excuse For A Cunning Linguist Regards,

Joe S.
    I don't have a clue where that word comes from or why. It just sounds funny. Al Swearengen on "Deadwood" calls 'em that. Hopefully it's not the Minnesotan version of the N word.

The sky is blue.

Agree or disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    The sky is blue.

Agree or disagree.
    Agree,
    So how was the fishing over in your area this year. I fish Mille Lacs alot and did OK. I haven't been over in your area for a while, but might ice fish over that way some.

so... you guys pick a winner yet?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Not yet, but a certified result is expected within the next month. Then there will likely be a lawsuit. Check out this thread down the page http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...ad.php?t=34184

Also http://www.sos.state.mn.us/home/index.asp, www.startribune.com, and www.mpr.org have lots of information and analysis. UB's favorite candidate from the great state of Minnesota, Mr. Franken, is leading now.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    The sky is blue.

Agree or disagree.
    I disagree moisture in the atmosphere reflects the blue spectrum.

As of noon Saturday Al Franken leads Norm Coleman 49 but the absentee ballots to count so my vote hasn't been counted yet let alone unseal the envelope. I voted early and don't remember for the carpet bagger Al Franken or the guy who's always on fact finding trips.
    cave canem...beware of the dog
    Richard Halstead (halst001 at yahoo.com)

http://www.browndogmafia.com/finalists.html

Well, it looks like the race will be certified for Franken today unless the State Supreme Court issues a contrary ruling. Franken's margin of 225 votes is now greater than the number of votes that the Coleman campaign claims were double counted. Coleman is also trying to get another 600+ absentee votes counted although the primary basis for including them over the objections of the local boards appears to be that they were filed by registered Republicans -- many are not even signed as required by State law. Of course, that would also open the door to including another 400-500 votes that the election boards said were erroneously excluded but that the Coleman campaign vetoed to prevent counting. These are expected to heavily favor Franken.

All in all, it looks like Franken will end up with the job. Unfortunately, it's not clear that either candidate would necessarily do a good job for Minnesotans. If Coleman hadn't done such a terrible job over the lat six years he would have had no difficulty defeating a schlemiel like Franken. Franken will definitely have to pick up his game or face retirement after a single term.

As a long time resident of Minnesota I would like to apologize for what we are inflicting on the country. In the whole state the best we could come up with is some clown who hasn't lived here for 38 years. We get our political representatives from the WWF and Saturday Night Live. That's the best we can do. We are hoping to get Randy Moss back so he can represent us in the house next election.

Per the Wall Street Journal:

>>If the Canvassing Board certifies Mr. Franken as the winner based on the current count, it will be anointing a tainted and undeserving Senator.<<

The story that leads the writer to this conclusion is at

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123111967642552909.html

In short, the Sec of State is acting in a partisan fashion and it goes downhill from there. The Canvassing Board will do whatever it can to put votes in Franken's column. They ruled one way in the case of a county's mishandling of ballots and gave votes to Franken. Then they turned around and in a identical situation, elected to not honor the mishandling of votes and gave the votes to Franken. In both cases, more total votes than registered voters.

Eric
    Last edited by Eric Johnson; 01-05-2009 at 01:37 PM.