The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Change? Really??????

Default Change? Really??????

The more things "change," the more they remain the same.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news...Obama.Cabinet/

From one frying pan into another regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

My question - Don't we have someone besides people with Law degrees capable of doing these jobs? Lawyers provide few value added solutions to any issue. They are not, by profession, capable of establishing a principled stand & sticking with it.

TBS - I recognize it is imperative that those appointed are capable administrators, government is not the easiest maze to navigate. Experience does help, but aren't there experienced individuals of other professions available?

But, we had O'Neil, Snow & Paulsen for Treasury Secretary's in the Bush Admin, with only Snow having some government experience. Look at what that bought us!!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

If the most influential people in Obama's administration will be just more of the same old career politicians, how is this change? Same old "good ole boys" group exchanging favors for each other
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    My question - Don't we have someone besides people with Law degrees capable of doing these jobs? Lawyers provide few value added solutions to any issue. They are not, by profession, capable of establishing a principled stand & sticking with it.
    The reason we have so many lawyers is that they are experts in dancing on the head of a pin. In other words, they spent their years in law school learning how to make a speech that says absolutely nothing while the audience believes they heard what they want to believe. Our president elect is a prime example -- people heard what they wanted to believe, not what he actually said.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Johnson View Post
    The reason we have so many lawyers is that they are experts in dancing on the head of a pin. In other words, they spent their years in law school learning how to make a speech that says absolutely nothing while the audience believes they heard what they want to believe. Our president elect is a prime example -- people heard what they wanted to believe, not what he actually said.
    It came down to voting for hope or voting for fear and hope won out...

Just Sayin' Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post

Just Sayin' Regards,

Joe S.
    That's exactly right. Now where is that freebee I hoped for?

Just Sayin' Regards,

Joe S.
    While I feel you've grossly oversimplified the process and the end result Joe, I pray that the "hope" that you say "won out" truly produces a "winning" result.

Hope is NOT a strategy regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    While I feel you've grossly oversimplified the process and the end result Joe, I pray that the "hope" that you say "won out" truly produces a "winning" result.

Hope is NOT a strategy regards,

kg
    OK...but in the end, that is exactly what it came down to for at least me. Did I want to vote for someone who was telling me that it can get better if we all work together or did I want to vote for someone who spent the last several weeks of the campaign telling me why I should be afraid of the other guy.

Fear Is NOT A Long Term Solution Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

OK...but in the end, that is exactly what it came down to for at least me. Did I want to vote for someone who was telling me that it can get better if we all work together or did I want to vote for someone who spent the last several weeks of the campaign telling me why I should be afraid of the other guy.

Fear Is NOT A Long Term Solution Regards,

Joe S.
    That doesn't sound like an educated decision to me.....but then again, most that pulled that lever hadn't a clue of what they were voting for.

JMO regards
    You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it

Joe S.
    At no time did J McCain try to instll the fear of voting for Obama. If anything, he maintained the high road throughout his campaign. Me thinks you've been listening to too much Hannity and Limbaugh!

As Bob G stated, the long National nightmare is just beginning.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson