The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Change? Really??????

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Booty View Post
    The duck shooting is the best it's been in years, many big ducks are already down. Weekend before last the three of us had our limits in 18 minutes. Then we ate a quick bite and went after Speckled Belly Geese. Killed our limit in less than an hour with a few Snows thrown in. Going after them again Sunday as Saturday(getting down to 35 degress tonight) will be too cold!
    SUPER!!! I'm hearing great reports from friends all over the country so maybe this will be one of the "good" years.

I'd go hunting today but my son's football team made it to the second round of the NCAA D-II playoffs so I'm going to sit by the computer and listen to the game. The team is in its 4th year at a formerly all-girls catholic liberal arts school. They are 11-2 on the season and did not win a combined 11 games in the first 3 years. They have done well.

Patrick likes the program and the school but continues to contend that the "Dad, 65% female enrollment!" had nothing to do with the final decision to go to the school. I told him of course it didn't, it's all about education and that if he picks the right one of those 65% he can get a real education. Besides, I was 20 once, too.

Be Well Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    The more things "change," the more they remain the same.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news...Obama.Cabinet/

From one frying pan into another regards,

kg
    "There is nothing new under the sun"
    Ecclesiastese
    The More I Learn About People ,The More I Love My Dog!

A good friend will bail you out of jail. A really good friend will be sitting in jail beside you saying "DAMN that was fun!!!"

"Watermarks Troublesome Bonnie MH QAA"
    "Luthenauer Troublesome Coon Creek Susie MH MNH1"
    "Coon Creeks Backwater Quack Head MH"
    "Luthenauer Sir Buster Brown SH"

Senior Member precisionlabradors's Avatar

i fully understand the point being made here....however, about 2 months ago y'all were complaining that there wouldn't be enough experience in the white house. so now we have "an agent of change" (his words not mine)at the helm surrounded by years of experience.

what do y'all who are complaining now wish he would do? would you feel better if he surrounded himself with a bunch of no-name politicians with little experience? just wondering.
    ________
    Healthy relationship advice forums
    Last edited by precisionlabradors; 04-26-2011 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by precisionlabradors View Post
    i
    what do y'all who are complaining now wish he would do? would you feel better if he surrounded himself with a bunch of no-name politicians with little experience? just wondering.
    You're right, if he did that the administration would have a remarkable resemblence to him.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

Senior Member precisionlabradors's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltmarsh View Post
    You're right, ...
    thanks. feels good sometimes.
    ________
    Iolite vaporizer accessories
    Last edited by precisionlabradors; 04-26-2011 at 04:17 PM.

Seems like it might be time to tap into our private sector. There are, surely, captains of industry who have made companies successful without the raping and pillaging done by the sleezy ones in the headlines so often.

Successful entrepreneurs have little interest in anything but results. They are not focusing on how they can get re-elected by getting extra pork for their individual electorate.

We seem to forget that there are honorable people in private industry who are also successful at solving problems. There are also some brilliant minds in the academic world. If Obama makes it a point to solicit the advice of these people as well, (and actually using the good stuff that comes from them) then it might be easier to believe that the "good ole boys" will not just continue as usual.

Perhaps bringing in people without ties to getting re-elected is, indeed, the kind of change needed. It might be tougher at first to convince the "pork rollers" that he meant business about fresh ideas and insights, but if it became evident that he would stick to serving the country as a whole, that might really be a change.

Hillary Clinton as Sec. of State? Convince me that wasn't a political debt that came due.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.