The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: From USSA: Sportsmen Dismayed by Overthrow of Congressman John Dingell

Quote Originally Posted by backpasture View Post
    Marvin, you think ANYTHING emanating from a Democratic congress is suspect, regardless of what committee it comes from and who heads it.

ANYTHING emanating from gooberment should be suspect ragardless of of which party sponsors it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
    Your party is mostly old, mostly white, largely well off, and if you believe the polls, un- or under educated. It represents narrowly focused issues that no longer appeal to mainstream America.
    Your opinion or bonafide stats from the Bureau of the Census?

You guys lost states you haven't lost in years. You are bleeding Senate seats and your very own conservative icon in GA is fighting for his life.
    There won't be an independent candidate pulling votes from Chambliss in the runoff, Joe. Care to make a wager on the outcome???

Failure to see this election loss for the absolute repudiation of the direction of your party that it is reminds me of the person going from job to job, always getting into problems with the management. His answer is it is always the managers fault...no, it's not really. The guy (party) has the problem, he is just too pig-headed to see it.
    We (you and I) have touched on this before, but "absolute repudiation" is hardly what a 52%-54% to 48%-46% win means Joe....more like an absolute aggrandizement. As I posted elsewhere, in the wake of the failed Bush administration, no Republican candidate could have won against BHO....but Democrats want to believe that the Yellow Brick Road they've been promised is real, and that's okay....but to keep railing about how Republicans are in abject denial about McCain's defeat being an "absolute repudiation" of the direction of the Republican party is like using pink smoke to cover a full retreat: it gets your attention but it ain't gonna do the job.

You guys get your panties in a knot whenever someone wants to touch our precious 2nd amendment but stay strangely silent when other amendments are trampled under foot. Now, why is that....?
    Would it be fair to say that the MAJORITY of discussions that occur on RTF that could be remotely connected to constitutional amendments would involve the 1st and "our precious 2nd" amendments? If one of the other 25 were up for discussion I'm sure some folks here would saddle up and start the rodeo. While we're at it, for my money, I'd like to see section 4 of the 14th amendment repealed, the 16th amendment rewritten in toto, and the 22nd ammendment rewritten to include members of the Senate. If we really pushed it, I'm sure we could provoke some heady discussion of the 4th, 8th, 9th, and 10th amendments as well...but since the core/root/heart of this website involves firearms (2nd) and the ability to discuss (1st) the sport we love that utilizes same, here we are.

You guys have all the right answers, that is why you won the election...oh, wait...
    Joe, I gotta level with ya....this is the sort of sophomoric sarcasm that I'd expect from any number of folks that wear the "yellow dog Democrat" label before I'd expect to hear it from you.... .....especially AFTER the election. Sure, this thread has become increasingly...how should I say...contentious....but still, one of the things that makes you you is your ability to stay above the fray, regardless of who tries to pull you into it.

Yes, the glass is half-full, but it's gonna take awhile before BHO is going to be able to convince that 46%-48% that DIDN'T vote for him that it's safe to drink. That shouldn't surprise you. Just remember that pouring it down someone's throat won't work as well as leaving the glass on the table for them to drink at their leisure. All of the "change" that has been promised is going to take awhile to take effect AND be bought into. That folks doubt all the promises that were made to get BHO elected should surprise no one.

Be patient regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Keith has fairly well debunked your analysis, but I would like to add a few one liners.

You guys on the right fail to realize times change and, you either have to adjust to them or, like the dinosaurs, be doomed by them.
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.

largely well off,
    Guess how they got there, they actually worked for it!!!!! How wealthy was LBJ when he retired, not bad for someone originally a teacher, who had neither pot nor window when he started. & the Clinton's, a 28K a year Gov with a wife getting gratuities, now maintaining a $2.5 million residence in NY.

and if you believe the polls, un- or under educated.
    I'd really like to see the source of that poll, you do realize that the base of your party is more than college profs & teachers?

It represents narrowly focused issues that no longer appeal to mainstream America.
    & those issues are? I believe we have articulated conservative principles on other threads without the slighest whimper or dispute from your side of the aisle. They haven't been used in years so no one knows it they are valid issues.

You guys lost states you haven't lost in years. You are bleeding Senate seats and your very own conservative icon in GA is fighting for his life.
    I answered you about Chambliss & his conservative principles on another thread, you failed to reply though I'm sure you read my post.

Failure to see this election loss for the absolute repudiation of the direction of your party

The election loss can be attributed to the allies your party has - mainly the mainstream media & their non-stop barrage of vitriol about the Bush Administration. I ask you this, What will your party do when they have to run on their record? It's your ball of wax now, you've lit the candle, now produce or it will be a short reign.

why is it that the 2nd means more to you than the 4th, for example?
    In oppressed nations individuals have no guns, they have no property rights & they have little freedom of expression because they have no guns to back up their rights. Sounds important to me to have guns.

You will have to fill me in on the 4th, I don't know all the numbers of rights I believe we have. Just one of those uneducated voters, Regards

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

One nanny state liberal hack is defeated by an even bigger nanny state liberal hack in an internecine war of democrat special interest groups (Big Labor vs. Big Bunny Humpers).

If I can take the liberty of messing w/ your quote, Joe:

The point remains -- David Duke replacing the Chairman of the US Civil Rights Commission is an UNKNOWN for civil rights organizations. And Marvin is wrong, we now have to wait and see what emanates from Duke's commission because, as rational adults, we can't tell what the future holds.

Ingnoring the as yet unknow facts isn't difficult if you have an open mind.
    I'd contend the above isn't any less <<gulp>> shill-like than the original.

To borrow another quote from "The Outlaw Josie Wales:"
    "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    There won't be an independent candidate pulling votes from Chambliss in the runoff, Joe. Care to make a wager on the outcome???
    Sure, I'll take Martin and 3 points! Kidding about the points but I'll take Martin for a dinner. We'll make a joint decision on the wine...

We (you and I) have touched on this before, but "absolute repudiation" is hardly what a 52%-54% to 48%-46% win means Joe....
    Yeah, I know. I'm just using words designed to inflame the other side. Is it working? I get tired of reading the inflammatory words posted by others and thought I'd return a volley of my own. Not really my style but...see your next comment...

Joe, I gotta level with ya....this is the sort of sophomoric sarcasm that I'd expect from any number of folks that wear the "yellow dog Democrat" label before I'd expect to hear it from you.... .....especially AFTER the election. Sure, this thread has become increasingly...how should I say...contentious....but still, one of the things that makes you you is your ability to stay above the fray, regardless of who tries to pull you into it.
    Ah, we have been friends too long, Keith. You know me too well. I allowed myself to get pulled in and I rolled around in it, too...I'll try and do better in the future. On the plus side, Keith, I am so pleased you didn't use irregardless...

Yes, the glass is half-full, but it's gonna take awhile before BHO is going to be able to convince that 46%-48% that DIDN'T vote for him that it's safe to drink. That shouldn't surprise you. Just remember that pouring it down someone's throat won't work as well as leaving the glass on the table for them to drink at their leisure. All of the "change" that has been promised is going to take awhile to take effect AND be bought into. That folks doubt all the promises that were made to get BHO elected should surprise no one.
    You are right, it is going to take awhile. The problem will be compounded by a bunch of sky-is-falling chicken littles nipping at his heels on every move like a bunch of rat terriers. President Bush got room to operate until he got off the rails, President-elect Obama should get the same thing.

Anyway, thanks for the reminder, KG. I'll try and do better in the future.

Looking Forward To Dinner Regardless Of Who Picks Up The Tab Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I answered you about Chambliss & his conservative principles on another thread, you failed to reply though I'm sure you read my post.
    Sure I read it, Marv. I was talking about conservatives that lost their seat and you posted a list that had 6 or 7 that weren't even running for re-election this time. Of the ones that were running, 2 or 3 lost their seat and your poster boy for the conservative wing of the republican party, Senator Chambliss, is fighting for his political life.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...d=opinionsbox1

Here is a piece in the Washington Post written by a black, female Republican about what is wrong with the Republican party from her perspective. It is an educational read to be sure. You may have a difficult time with it because it tells the type of truth you seem to have a difficult time hearing, but I'd encourage you to read it just the same.

It's just another Helpy Helperson moment from me to you, Marv. You can thank me later.

Helpful Regards,

Helpy Helperson

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

I think the GOP appeals to mainstream America far more than some of you will admit. The Dems have found it necessary to enfranchise felons, illegal aliens and to register the same voter 73 times to find enough people willing to buy into their message.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    I think the GOP appeals to mainstream America far more than some of you will admit. The Dems have found it necessary to enfranchise felons, illegal aliens and to register the same voter 73 times to find enough people willing to buy into their message.
    Perfect example of my point, Bob, thanks for making it for me.

According to the Right Wing of the Republican Party, the problem COULD NOT POSSIBLY BE the ulta-narrow focus of party politics or direction, it HAS TO BE that the Democrats are cheating.

Not Blinded By The Right Regards,

Joe S.

I find it interesting that all I hear now is how the country is tired of conservatives and the blowout election proved that. I thought the actuall vote was pretty much even steven....?

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post
    I find it interesting that all I hear now is how the country is tired of conservatives and the blowout election proved that. I thought the actuall vote was pretty much even steven....?

/Paul
    In football 3 or 4 points is a close game. Historically, in elections, it's a landslide!

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ...​ at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON