The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: From USSA: Sportsmen Dismayed by Overthrow of Congressman John Dingell

Quote Originally Posted by AmiableLabs View Post
    Typical left -- they can't deal with the issues so they go on personal attacks.

blah, blah, blah

Personally attacking Marvin or anyone is not going to change those facts.
    Lighten up, Francis.
    Last edited by backpasture; 11-22-2008 at 10:16 AM.
    The United States Imports 70% of Our Oil.
    What's the Plan?

What was that saying about living in glass houses?

How many quotes with personal attacks do you want from conservatives. I'll just leave it at:
    Are you completely clueless? Did you even read the story?! (note - there was no story to read)
    You are clueless.
    and then, of course, there are all kinds of judgmental statements (perhaps not rising to "attack") made on entire groups of people like:
    Welcome to "Liberal Logic 101."

Brought to you by the same school of nonthought that professes to practice tolerance of everything.....except those who oppose the tolerance of everything (a group that now includes them because of their intolerance) -- "Liberal Logic 102."

But don't worry about passing courses Liberal Logic 101 & 102, they don't require any thought, just good intentions.

Anyone else have other examples to demonstrate that personal attacks are not only the purview of those to the left of Kevin?

I know it will take a lot of digging to find them.

Quote Originally Posted by backpasture View Post
    Spare us the histrionics.

Dingell's ouster has nothing to do with gun rights, and everything to do with his consistent unapologetic defense of the auto industry (opposition to stricter fuel efficiency standards, etc).
    So you guys are good with Waxman and his potential impact on our current freedoms?

Tryin' to stay on point regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

I can't speak for Joe S. or backpasture, but as for me, my quote was not a personal attack. It was simple pity.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JS
    I don't know Marvin.

If I ever met him, I may like him.

But from reading what he writes here, he seems to be a very unhappy man.

Could be wrong regards,
    And BTW, I have heard Marvin referred to as a "bitter old man" by more than one person regarding other, non-political topics.

Just sayin'

JS

PS
    And editing posts to alter the context is as dishonest as outright lying.
    Last edited by JS; 11-22-2008 at 02:02 PM.
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American, though it may be too little too late now.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    So you guys are good with Waxman and his potential impact on our current freedoms?

Tryin' to stay on point regards,

kg
    Don't you know KG, if you ignore it long enough it goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Any thing emanating from his committee is immediately suspect.
    The above quote is included for clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by backpasture View Post
    Dingell's ouster has nothing to do with gun rights, and everything to do with his consistent unapologetic defense of the auto industry (opposition to stricter fuel efficiency standards, etc).

Marvin, you think ANYTHING emanating from a Democratic congress is suspect, regardless of what committee it comes from and who heads it.
    John Dingell is a friend of Sportsman, so indirectly a supporter of our sport. I say our sport as I assUme you also train dogs & hunt, otherwise I would ask why are you on this forum? His replacement by Henry Nostrils is an ominous sign that things will be more confrontational & sportsman will receive little consideration. A few years back there was an attempt to divert Pittman-Robertson funds to the general fund & in another case make Wildlife Refuges off-limits to hunting, If my memory hasn't left me John Dingell was one of those instrumental in blocking those transfers of rights.

As for CAFE, it's not somewhere you eat, it's an intrusion by the federal government in the day to day operations of legitimate businesses. The industry has to make a lot of cars that are hard to sell so they can make those that will sell. John Dingell was elected by those people to represent them, which is what he did.

How do you get to your place of employment? Do you recycle? We have all our lives. If John Dingell were running in our district I would consider it an honor to vote FOR him, rather than holding my nose when I pull the lever.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
    No, that is not true in the least.

Marvin thinks ANYTHING not emanating from Marvin is suspect.

Joe S.
    Another Helpy Helperson moment! I don't know what your stake is in this exchange but I do sense some jealousy. Am I a perceived threat to your perceived role as forum expert?

Piling on, Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    I don't know Marvin.

If I ever met him, I may like him.

But from reading what he writes here, he seems to be a very unhappy man.

Could be wrong regards,

JS
    Is this a left wing version (you remind me of a one winged pigeon we once had, could only go one direction) of he's a bitter old man. Both you & Helpy owe me answers from previous threads, so you folks need to get with it. If you do get the opportunity to meet me, please don't bother, I have no interest in wasting my time.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by JS View Post
    I can't speak for Joe S. or backpasture, but as for me, my quote was not a personal attack. It was simple.
    PLEASE understand that what you have to offer is not desired!!!!!!

And BTW, I have heard Marvin referred to as a "bitter old man" by more than one person regarding other, non-political topics.
    Spreading GOSSIP, BTW when that statement is made, it's the sign that the other person has run out of their limited supply of whatever they are spewing. That statement is personal!!!!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

....snip.... If you do get the opportunity to meet me, please don't bother, I have no interest in wasting my time.
    I'm sorry, and maybe a little hurt to hear that, Marvin. I usually try to keep my mind open and hope to discover the "brighter side" of things.

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American, though it may be too little too late now.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

The point remains -- Dingell's ouster being replaced by Waxman is a BAD thing for sportsmen. And Marvin is right, we now have to be suspect of anything the emanates from Waxman's committee.

Personally attacking Marvin or anyone is not going to change those facts.
    Typical right - making mountains out molehills. Cannot seem to come to terms with the fact that America has largely rejected their narrow, non-representative agenda.

The point remains -- Dingell's ouster being replaced by Waxman is an UNKNOWN for sportsman. And Marvin is wrong, we now have to wait and see what emanates from Waxman's committee because, as rational adults, we can't tell what the future holds.

Ingnoring the as yet unknow facts isn't difficult if you have an open mind.

The Sky Really Isn't Falling Is It Kevin Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

Another Helpy Helperson moment! I don't know what your stake is in this exchange but I do sense some jealousy. Am I a perceived threat to your perceived role as forum expert?

Piling on, Regards.
    Nope. You're no threat to me in any way, shape or form. I'm no expert here Marv...tho' I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express a couple of times. Some of the stuff you write causes me to do more research, so it's a plus for me.

Much like you and Kevin, I just call it the way I see it, which is my right, too.

You guys on the right fail to realize times change and, you either have to adjust to them or, like the dinosaurs, be doomed by them.

Your party is mostly old, mostly white, largely well off, and if you believe the polls, un- or under educated. It represents narrowly focused issues that no longer appeal to mainstream America. You guys lost states you haven't lost in years. You are bleeding Senate seats and your very own conservative icon in GA is fighting for his life. Failure to see this election loss for the absolute repudiation of the direction of your party that it is reminds me of the person going from job to job, always getting into problems with the management. His answer is it is always the managers fault...no, it's not really. The guy (party) has the problem, he is just to pig-headed to see it.

You guys get your panties in a knot whenever someone wants to touch our precious 2nd amendment but stay strangely silent when other amendments are trampled under foot. Now, why is that Marv? I find you to be intelligent and know you read a great deal, why is it that the 2nd means more to you than the 4th, for example?

You guys have all the right answers, that is why you won the election...oh, wait...

The Glass Is Really Half-Full Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin