The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: From USSA: Sportsmen Dismayed by Overthrow of Congressman John Dingell

The next 4 years will be spent getting more and more people dependent on government. This will grow the base for the democrats, and make it much tougher for a personal responsibility candidate to get elected in 2012. The vote they targeted this year and will continue are people with a "Learned Helplessness" disorder. Maybe this disorder should in itself be a reason for public assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
    Sure I read it, Marv. I was talking about conservatives that lost their seat and you posted a list that had 6 or 7 that weren't even running for re-election this time. Of the ones that were running, 2 or 3 lost their seat and your poster boy for the conservative wing of the republican party, Senator Chambliss, is fighting for his political life.
    From your point of reference you may consider him conservative, he is not from my vantage point. The list was posted as a testimonial to those who practice conservative spending principles, nothing more.

Here is a piece in the Washington Post written by a black, female Republican about what is wrong with the Republican party from her perspective. It is an educational read to be sure. You may have a difficult time with it because it tells the type of truth you seem to have a difficult time hearing, but I'd encourage you to read it just the same.
    You will find little disagreement from what she has posted on my part. I accept people who work into my circle of friends regardless of the color of their skin. As an individual I have walked the walk, so to speak. It only means something to me because I know I did the right thing. I won't bore you with those acts that I personally consider significant, at the time I was not thinking of anything but seeing that someone got a fair shake.

Now, let's get down to facts - The Prez that you so thoroughly dislike has had Condoleeza Rice in his Admin since Day 1, Colin Powell was his SoS & performed tolerably, certainly no George Schultz, a black Education Secretary, Gutterriez at Commerce & Alberto Gonzales was his Atty General. Before you start criticizing just remember, they were given the opportunity, how well they did history will judge. IMO their performance was slightly above average.

Let's look at the incoming Admin -0 blacks among the big 4 credited with getting him elected (as shown on 60 minutes), 1 black, 1 hispanic (both holdovers from the clinton days) - Where's the change?

I also notice most black athletes have white agents, why's that?

But the thing that struck me as most significant was some thing I read in "Freakonomics" (on the recommendation of a lady board member), the author of a study went into the ghetto to get some data, the place was fairly well abandoned, he managed to find some individuals playing a game on a 6th floor stairwell. While he feared for his life (unfamiliar surroundings), the thing that struck me as most significant was when the unofficial leader of the gang (at that time) grabbed the clipboard from him & could not read what was on the board. Does that strike you as a failure on someone's part? It does me, No one in this great country of ours should be unable to read, it's the key to getting ahead. & the language used is ENGLISH, Tell that to the educators? that want to keep the 2nd language thing going.

Where do all the D politicians send their children, not public schools though they force others to stay there. No for their children it's off to the Quaker schools. Nothing but the best for the elite!

But I could go on forever to no avail. Your party is lying to it's constituents & eventually that message will get out.

It's just another Helpy Helperson moment from me to you, Marv. You can thank me later.
    It's actually more helpful if you answer my posts rather than twisting things to suit your philosophy. & Joe, do your own thinking, most of the Conservatives you so thoroughly dislike seem to be able to hold their own in that regard.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Let's look at the incoming Admin -0 blacks among the big 4 credited with getting him elected (as shown on 60 minutes), 1 black, 1 hispanic (both holdovers from the clinton days) - Where's the change?
    Marv, what do you mean by "0 blacks among the big 4 credited with getting him elected?"

Before you get your panties too knoted up over the lack of diversity in the Obama Administration, I'd suggest you wait for him to be sworn in and fill out all the positions. You might consider these guys as a start: Eric Holder is going to be AG and he is black. Bill Richardson is going to Commerce and he is hispanic. His CoS is hispanic.

Have you tried asking a black athlete?

But the thing that struck me as most significant was some thing I read in "Freakonomics" (on the recommendation of a lady board member), the author of a study went into the ghetto to get some data, the place was fairly well abandoned, he managed to find some individuals playing a game on a 6th floor stairwell. While he feared for his life (unfamiliar surroundings), the thing that struck me as most significant was when the unofficial leader of the gang (at that time) grabbed the clipboard from him & could not read what was on the board. Does that strike you as a failure on someone's part? It does me, No one in this great country of ours should be unable to read, it's the key to getting ahead. & the language used is ENGLISH, Tell that to the educators? that want to keep the 2nd language thing going.
    Good book. Who would have thought that sumo wrestlers and teacher both cheat. Amazing.

Where do all the D politicians send their children, not public schools though they force others to stay there. No for their children it's off to the Quaker schools. Nothing but the best for the elite!
    Please tell me you aren't naive enough to think that the Republicans who live in the District send their children to the D.C. Public Schools?

Still Not Blinded By The Right Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

But I could go on forever to no avail. Your party is lying to it's constituents & eventually that message will get out.
    Marv, what do you mean by "0 blacks among the big 4 credited with getting him elected?"
    They were on '60 Minutes" getting the pub.

Before you get your panties too knoted up over the lack of diversity in the Obama Administration, I'd suggest you wait for him to be sworn in and fill out all the positions. You might consider these guys as a start: Eric Holder is going to be AG and he is black. Bill Richardson is going to Commerce and he is hispanic. His CoS is hispanic.
    The Black & Hispanic in my original post were Holder & Richardson, both Clinton recycles.

Please tell me you aren't naive enough to think that the Republicans who live in the District send their children to the D.C. Public Schools? Joe S.
    My comment was to arouse your sensibilities to the fact that a key constituency of your party is opposed to both vouchers & charter schools so your party in lock step opposes those efforts. You then try to switch the argument to well you guys do it, but you forget the fact that you spend a lot of time emphasizing, the Repub's are all Old white men. Their children are mostly beyond public school age, but Thank You for the effort.

Do you have an issue with getting outside your sandbox - Regards.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Have you tried asking a black athlete?
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

Well, at least the minority party will be heard for the next 2 years: Saxby Chambliss won the runoff for his Georgia senate seat....

Too close for comfort regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    Well, at least the minority party will be heard for the next 2 years: Saxby Chambliss won the runoff for his Georgia senate seat....

Too close for comfort regards,

kg
    I'm actually glad to see that win, KG.

Fair And Balanced Regards,

Joe S.

your very own conservative icon (Chambliss) in GA is fighting for his life.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by K G
    There won't be an independent candidate pulling votes from Chambliss in the runoff, Joe. Care to make a wager on the outcome???
    Sure, I'll take Martin and 3 points! Kidding about the points but I'll take Martin for a dinner. We'll make a joint decision on the wine...
    I told someone recently that I'm not a bettor, but I'm gonna collect on this one someday, Yosef!

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    I told someone recently that I'm not a bettor, but I'm gonna collect on this one someday, Yosef!

kg
    Whooomp!! And the mushroom cloud rises in the distance. All the little people gather round and look to the horizon and someone says "Oh My, somebody just got nuked!".

Good on you KG

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Mike D View Post
    Whooomp!! And the mushroom cloud rises in the distance. All the little people gather round and look to the horizon and someone says "Oh My, somebody just got nuked!".

Good on you KG

Mike
    You feel better now, Mike?

IF you knew half the content of the PMs Keith and I have exchanged over the last several years on a wide range of subjects you would know having dinner together is an item long discussed...

Pity Filled Regards,

Joe S.
    Last edited by Joe S.; 12-03-2008 at 02:51 PM.