The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll citing Obama supporters as uninformed challenged

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    What's that mean? I'll bet that if all my info was from the MSM you would imply something evil their too. I think it would be better if you argued the veracity of my arguments instead of where they came from .
    Sometimes its better not to reply.
    You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    please identify quotes.

The first 2 are mine, but the rest...

But, they are 2 separate things actually.

The first was an attempt at humor playing off the Zogby poll that cotts135 posted and it is specific to voters that voted for Barack Obama. It appears cotts135 has this need to stand up for all the uninformed out there. You can take what you want from the original Zogby poll and the impromptu WEEI street interviews.

The second is an assertion by me that the left views all presidential candidates on the right as less intelligent than those on the left. That was validated in this election by the vilification of Sarah Palin when similar gaffes by Joe Biden were dismissed.

It was illustrated in the last presidential election when George W. Bush was identified as the dumb one when his college test score eclipsed those of John Kerry’s. Additionally, the United States Air Force selected Bush as a fighter pilot and the United States Navy selected Kerry as a Swift Boat captain. I expect that fighter pilot school is a bit more rigorous and challenging than Swift Boat captain’s school.
    The quotes and link are directly from other presumably "conservatives" that have posted here recently. There are many other quotes out there with a similar bent (dims are dumb, etc).

The point of my post was in bold.
    Why is it that the only folks here calling anyone "dumb" or "clueless" are those on the right?
    I have noticed that you and other "conservatives" here continue to communicate the message that anyone to the left of you, who you automatically deem as "liberal", believes that conservatives are stupid. At the same time, "conservatives" here are almost always the only ones calling folks stupid. I just see some hypocrisy in this, or is it irony?.

You know, the record here is very clear that on one hand you and a couple others are playing to crowd here with the "liberals think conservatives are stupid" message and then on the other hand pointing out time after time how liberals are stupid or just don't understand. I was just trying to point that out with some specific examples.

Apparently, I just don't get it again so I'll go away and you can continue to just write up examples of where "liberals/elites" think conservatives are stupid since that must make you feel better and because this apparently is such an important issue for this country.

Banned

Intelligent, uninformed, ig-norant, blind, biased? Pick your poison, because that's what these characterizations are!

We are all in one hell of a mess, and nobody has all the answers. I hope the more 'intelligent' among us can work together and find the answers.

For those who 'lost'...get over it. For those who 'won'... show a little class!

Snick

I don't have much to say. What I do know is nothing has changed for me. The damn mortgage was due and despite BO being voted in apparently I still have to pay it.

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Henry V

Well, I don't think I actually ever called a liberal dumb and am sure I never called anyone a dim. I believe my favorite choice of words to use as a directed insult is something like "left wing radical liberal extremist." Although I consider it an insult, I am not sure the left receives it as such. I think the left takes my directed insult as a compliment. If a directed insult is received as a compliment is it still an insult?

But then again you can bunch me with anyone you want.
    Last edited by subroc; 11-23-2008 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Henry V

Well, I don't think I actually ever called a liberal dumb and am sure I never called anyone a dim. I believe my favorite choice of words to use as a directed insult is something like "left wing radical liberal extremist." Although I consider it an insult, I am not sure the left receives it as such. I think the left takes my directed insult as a compliment. If a directed insult is received as a compliment is it still an insult?

But then again you can bunch me with anyone you want.
    No, I don't think you did either, but you did write:
    It just doesn’t matter to lefties. This is their playbook.

Extreme left wing radical politicians are smart, anyone that is right of center is dumb.
    In my original question I asked, why is it that the "conservatives" seem to be the ones calling people stupid around here? Not that the answer is really important to understand the irony.

The answer to your question IMHO is, It depends on how stupid someone is.

Not a left wing radical liberal extremist on most all the issues but bunched as a "liberal" here just because I'm not as "right" as the clear majority regards,

Beating the dead horse regards.

As I said before, they are 2 separate issues.

I don’t care who it was calling anyone a dim, dumb or whatever. I wont get into the trap of defending them based on your assertion. That will pull me into something I had no part in. I never called anyone dumb or a dim.

My issues are clear and they are this and have been posted in this message.

The left wing has a penchant for trying to tar all republican presidential candidates as dumb and their candidate as intelligent. It has happened every election in my memory. See post # 5 above for examples.

Informed voters are informed voters. They know the issues, determine which matter to them, dismiss what doesn’t and vote accordingly. An example of that is, William Ayers, Tony Rezco, Jeremiah Wright, ACORN, etc. You can look at those issues and determine if they matter to you. They either do or they don’t. See post # 8 above.

The poll that this message is based on is something other than being dumb, it is based on being uninformed. I assert with the results of this poll and the link to WEEIs street interviews that it is true. (feel free to think they are dumb if you want) The MSM didn’t inform the public well enough to aid them in making an informd decision and were pretty much in the tank for Obama with, for some reason, a vested interest in him winning. See post # 1 and # 2 above and link below.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/11/07/AR2008110702895.html
    Last edited by subroc; 11-24-2008 at 06:03 AM. Reason: added infor and minor edit

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    The quotes and link are directly from other presumably "conservatives" that have posted here recently. There are many other quotes out there with a similar bent (dims are dumb, etc).

The point of my post was in bold.
    I have noticed that you and other "conservatives" here continue to communicate the message that anyone to the left of you, who you automatically deem as "liberal", believes that conservatives are stupid. At the same time, "conservatives" here are almost always the only ones calling folks stupid. I just see some hypocrisy in this, or is it irony?.

You know, the record here is very clear that on one hand you and a couple others are playing to crowd here with the "liberals think conservatives are stupid" message and then on the other hand pointing out time after time how liberals are stupid or just don't understand. I was just trying to point that out with some specific examples.

Apparently, I just don't get it again so I'll go away and you can continue to just write up examples of where "liberals/elites" think conservatives are stupid since that must make you feel better and because this apparently is such an important issue for this country.
    I think you paint with too broad a brush. There are those here on either end of the political spectrum that resort to name-calling because they are unable to articulate their ideas. However, that doesn't apply to all "conservatives" nor all "liberals". I suspect you would have a difficult time quoting Joe S. or myself (or many others here who get involved in these discussions) calling others stupid and we are ideologically pretty far apart.
    Last edited by Matt McKenzie; 11-24-2008 at 06:10 AM.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

There is all kinds of smart.
    I find liberals in general are highly intelegent. Especially some on this board. But because someone is very smart doesn't mean they are right most of the time. That goes for very smart republicans too.
    You can have tremendous thought processess and still have trouble tying your shoes.
    You can have complicated ideas about how to make money and still run an economy into the ground.
    You can have complicated idea's on how to decrease the amount of poor people and totaly cause the expodential increase in poor people.
    In other words people can be so smart that they cant function productively.
    Their ideas sound genious but once implimented a major catastrophy occures.
    So there is all kinds of smart.
    My wifes side of the family are filled with geniouses.
    Genious is one thing common sense is another. Most geniouses don't use the common sense portion of the brain and most common sense people don't use or have the genious part of the brain. Its rare you find people with both.
    Most geniouses think they have common sense
    Most common sense people know they lack genious.
    We are in the trouble we are in because of geniouses.
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    We are in the trouble we are in because of geniouses.
    Well UB used it the other day, but here goes again.

"THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GENIUS AND STUPIDY IS THAT GENIUS HAS ITS LIMITS."---------ALBERT EINSTEIN
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift